Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Morning guys - can anyone tell me what the initial application for UBS is and can you pick your division?

CV & CL?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aran2121)
    Morning guys - can anyone tell me what the initial application for UBS is and can you pick your division?

CV & CL?

Many thanks
    No CV/CL. However, their application is set out so you include all your work exp/grades/etc. so like a CV. Also 5 questions (4 of them 1000 characters response) the other a drop down to choose your division.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringBanker)
    No CV/CL. However, their application is set out so you include all your work exp/grades/etc. so like a CV. Also 5 questions (4 of them 1000 characters response) the other a drop down to choose your division.
    Many thanks,

- is there a maths test as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aran2121)
    Many thanks,

- is there a maths test as well?
    Yea theres a numerical test, which I think you get an email to the day after you submit the application. You have to complete it within 8 days.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Im kind of confused.
    I sent off an app yesterday and it says i have 5 working days to complete the test. Does this mean 7 days including the weekend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    Hi
    Im kind of confused.
    I sent off an app yesterday and it says i have 5 working days to complete the test. Does this mean 7 days including the weekend?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for JPM question: Please write about a recent news article that has interested you and how you feel that subject would relate to J.P. Morgan (200 words)

I literally have no idea what to write?!!!!!!???!?! Should I talk about the US Presidential election or should I talk about JPM M&A deals or what? So confused :/
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Vegan_)
    What did people write for JPM question: Please write about a recent news article that has interested you and how you feel that subject would relate to J.P. Morgan (200 words)

I literally have no idea what to write?!!!!!!???!?! Should I talk about the US Presidential election or should I talk about JPM M&A deals or what? So confused :/
    Pick up a newspaper (a decent one, not the daily mail), read it, choose a story that you found interesting, talk about the key points, relate it to JPM. Not hard bruh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If anyone's applied to credit suisse - did you have an issue where for the highest possible grade attainable it didn't have the British options only GPA.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the very helpful thread!
    Could someone help me with the following: BarCap says on the homepage of it's SW program that you only have to fill in some basic details and your CV, however once you start the application process and get to the upload your CV part, it says 'Please attach all relevant files (e.g. CV/Resume, cover letter, references, etc.)'. So do you actually have to write a cover letter etc. Or is only a CV sufficient?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vegan_)

Maybe talk about hard Brexit and leaving the single market or Trump winning and his idea of deregulating the financial sector. It's quite easy to relate this to JPM.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Eligs)
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the very helpful thread!
    Could someone help me with the following: BarCap says on the homepage of it's SW program that you only have to fill in some basic details and your CV, however once you start the application process and get to the upload your CV part, it says 'Please attach all relevant files (e.g. CV/Resume, cover letter, references, etc.)'. So do you actually have to write a cover letter etc. Or is only a CV sufficient?

Thanks!
    CV

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Maybe talk about hard Brexit and leaving the single market or Trump winning and his idea of deregulating the financial sector. It's quite easy to relate this to JPM.
    Literally everyone will talk about both of those things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Literally everyone will talk about both of those things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I know, I'm not going to give him original ideas am I

ReputationRep:
    CV

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers!
    Both JP and CS require a numerical btw right?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Eligs)
    Cheers!
    Both JP and CS require a numerical btw right?
    No, only CS (+verbal)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Does DB screen before sending tests?

Curious as to why they haven't sent an email about them.

ReputationRep:
    Does DB screen before sending tests?

Curious as to why they haven't sent an email about them.
    Yes they do - for SW at least

"Congratulations! We are delighted to inform you that your application has been progressed to the next stage of the assessment process. We would like to invite you to complete an online Numerical Reasoning test. "
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by bm1986)
    Yes they do - for SW at least

"Congratulations! We are delighted to inform you that your application has been progressed to the next stage of the assessment process. We would like to invite you to complete an online Numerical Reasoning test. "
    Cheers! So that's Citi + DB that screen before tests? I take it Nomura/HSBC are automatic?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Trader07)
    Yes they are.
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.