Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on

I don't know how I'm feeling if I am completely honest. I feel fine but I feel like crying? I feel awfally guilty actually. Like, when I was ill last year I was hospitalised for a few days and I really worried so many of my closest friends as I didn't tell them anything bc I was too busy sulking my ass off and crying in the corner at something I didn't want and for being ill. I missed a hell of a lot of school too. I really just want to give them a hug and apologise for worrying them but I just don't want it to be too awkward. I also never thanked them for actually being there. For being supportinve and understanding that I wanted to be left alone. Its a year late now, ik and thats the main reason why I feel bad. So yeah

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    All I want to do right now is cry

(Original post by Midnightmemories)
    All I want to do right now is cry
    :hugs: Whats up? Should I PM if you would like to talk about it? :console:

ReputationRep:
    The heat is triggering panic attacks for me can't sleep for palpitations and feeling smothered :cry2:

Roll on winter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Argh man that sucks!
    You really do deserve to have a good psychiatrist now after all the things that have happened!!!
    Surely she can be fired if she's lying about things?
    I'm glad you're out now! But that's awful!
    A breach of privacy surely?
    Can you make a complaint or speak to someone formal about this?
    Is it serious enough for the police? If so speak to them asap!
    I hope you can find a great psychiatrist!
    You deserve to have a happy successful life!
    a) it's extremely difficult to prove that a psychiatrist misrepresented things and b) she retired last week! I know! ****ing ridiculous, I saw her once, she sectioned me, then she retired. So angry.

My wife is urging me to see someone the next town over, but that's a 40minute drive each way and if I'm seeing them every few weeks it's a lot of driving, which I'm not really the biggest fan of. :/

I'm so worried about cameras and microphones in my place but my wife gets angry everytime I even mention them. I'm also finding it extremely hard to be in public, all the noise people make is making me feel so uncomfortable. Thank **** I have klonopin.

Thanks for the reply, buddy. I might look into if I have any recourse but tbh with how I'm feeling right now I probably couldn't put things together.

How're things with you?

Every day i just lie in bed waiting for the next day, theres no end in sight, nothing to look forward to, nobody to talk to, and nothing that helps. I dont want to kill myself but i ****ing wish so much that someone would do it for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Every day i just lie in bed waiting for the next day, theres no end in sight, nothing to look forward to, nobody to talk to, and nothing that helps. I dont want to kill myself but i ****ing wish so much that someone would do it for me
    This is how I've been feeling lately. What would your ideal situation be, and how could you get there? Is there anything which you could be motivated to do, like a sport or hobby, even if you don't really want to? :hugs:

A couple of days ago, I finally got diagnosed with social anxiety disorder so I was wondering, is anyone the same? Does CBT work?

ReputationRep:
    I just got a letter through with my PIP medical assessment date. Yet another thing to dread :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A couple of days ago, I finally got diagnosed with social anxiety disorder so I was wondering, is anyone the same? Does CBT work?
    I don't have an anxiety disorder but mild social anxiety is something that has been a continuous battle for me since around the time I started secondary school.

I had CBT in 2011 for depression (not for anxiety or any anxiety-related issues) but the thing I actually found the CBT helped me with the most, was my social anxiety! Beforehand I was always paranoid about what people thought of me and would avoid going into restaurants on my own, etc. Now even though I sometimes still get anxious, it's much more manageable and I can go into restaurants/coffee shops by myself, which is a huge step forward for me

I'd encourage you to give CBT a go if it's offered to you

ReputationRep:
    To an extent. Get proper sleep and eat fish oil and vitamins, these help. Its just dopamine in your brain going a bit out of norms. avoid activities that spike your neurotransmitters. I had it but I don't anymore. I can give you tips.

ReputationRep:
    TLG UPDATE

Exciting times, peeps: I think *touches wood* I've FINALLY solved the issue on my laptop which meant I couldn't use the TSR website but only the app on my phone. Turns out my laptop had not one, but TWO viruses, and some other issues as well. Think it's all resolved now, so hoping to be on here more in future.

Sabertooth : really sorry to hear you were sectioned. Remember you can PM me if that would ever help :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Saw my new psychiatrist last Monday. She immediately sectioned me. When I was in hospital I saw what she had used as justification; it was lies. I'm out now, but so scared that they've bugged my apartment while I was away. I do not feel at all safe here.
    Just saw this.

****ing hell. :console: That's horrible. I would really suggest not going back to her. Is there any way you can report her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    The heat is triggering panic attacks for me can't sleep for palpitations and feeling smothered :cry2:

Roll on winter

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ikr

:hugs: hope you're feeling a bit better today I know most of the U.K. is a bit cooler today.

------

Feeling so depressed today. Don't like this time of year everyone ****s off on fancy holidays which makes me feel doubly bad seen as I'm pretty much static, broke and socially isolated as a result of all my problems. Need to really try to get out as much as possible despite the barriers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Ikr

:hugs: hope you're feeling a bit better today I know most of the U.K. is a bit cooler today.

------

Feeling so depressed today. Don't like this time of year everyone ****s off on fancy holidays which makes me feel doubly bad seen as I'm pretty much static, broke and socially isolated as a result of all my problems. Need to really try to get out as much as possible despite the barriers.
    Thanks I'm OK today, more stressed out about the ESA and now PIP medical coming up. Its still really warm here but nothing compared to yesterday and last night especially.

:hugs: hope you feel better soon too. Mail me if you want to talk.

--------

Got some good news a little while ago, my papa is finally back on the transplant list the bad infection he had on his foot finally cleared and thankfully it didn't spread which the doctors were sure it would so he's back at the top of the list again. Best news I've had for a while :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got some good news a little while ago, my papa is finally back on the transplant list the bad infection he had on his foot finally cleared and thankfully it didn't spread which the doctors were sure it would so he's back at the top of the list again. Best news I've had for a while :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PRSOM :grumble: Glad you have had some happy news - you deserve it :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    TLG QUESTION

So after some serious prodding from my uni's disability office ( :poke: ), it's been confirmed that I am definitely on the waiting list for more therapy for my split personalities! Such a relief to hear that

The indication at this point in time is that it will be "higher intensity CBT". Does anyone know what this means/involves, in NHS CMHT terms?

Thankies in advance all :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:
    So my paranoias creeping back :sadpanda:

But sliggt issue as iv not registered at the drs yet :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I'm OK today, more stressed out about the ESA and now PIP medical coming up. Its still really warm here but nothing compared to yesterday and last night especially.

:hugs: hope you feel better soon too. Mail me if you want to talk.

--------

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks same o you PM if you need to and great news about your dad :hugs:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.