Good luck to everyone getting results today x
YAY! :hugs:
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
ASTON!!!!! Still need to get my results, though... I need to venture out into the rain for that
:party:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
I've got into Reading

Good luck to everyone getting results today x
fairy spangles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well done to everyone.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got rubbish grades, CCD, but still got into Kent Uni which was my insurance. Was really happy, but then I told Gavin and he said he thought I'd get As and Bs. He was really nice though and everything, but all my friends expect me to have got As and Bs and I haven't Feel like I've let myself down.

Gav's gone to the beach with "his new friend Angelina." Upset me a bit but he was lovely to me so I can't really complain. Glad he's making friends.

Waiting for "Hayley from Direct Line" to ring me about my car. Dad just rang me and my car is going to be fixed and I'm going to get it sprayed white, new doors and everything And I get a hire car for the duration that my car is in the garage!!!!! That's made me happy.

How is everyone?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
I got rubbish grades, CCD, but still got into Kent Uni which was my insurance. Was really happy, but then I told Gavin and he said he thought I'd get As and Bs. He was really nice though and everything, but all my friends expect me to have got As and Bs and I haven't Feel like I've let myself down.

Gav's gone to the beach with "his new friend Angelina." Upset me a bit but he was lovely to me so I can't really complain. Glad he's making friends.

Waiting for "Hayley from Direct Line" to ring me about my car. Dad just rang me and my car is going to be fixed and I'm going to get it sprayed white, new doors and everything And I get a hire car for the duration that my car is in the garage!!!!! That's made me happy.

How is everyone?

Congratulations on getting in to Kent. :hugs: You certainly haven't let yourself down, and don't let anyone tell you that you have.
YAP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got rubbish grades, CCD, but still got into Kent Uni which was my insurance.
Those aren't rubbish; well done - you've got into a good uni there .
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Managed 4 As at AS

I'm a bit numb to be honest. I thought being so ill during exam time would really have screwed me over.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
Managed 4 As at AS

I'm a bit numb to be honest. I thought being so ill during exam time would really have screwed me over.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well done Hannah! That's amazing!

Liz, I've already said well done to you but I'll say it again CCD is not rubbish at all.

I'm a bit disappointed with my grades but I'm pleased I got into my uni.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: Becki. Yeah, I'm disappointed too but I got into uni so I can't complain! x
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
Managed 4 As at AS

:party: :woo: :party:
gooner1991
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey guys, well done to everyone who got their results today.
My results are coming in the post tomorrow morning and I'm so nervous!
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey everyone, im so glad to hear of all of your success with your AS/A level grades, im so happy for all of you i really am. I did better than i expected, i got B,C,D,E,E,U. in ICT, Psychology, Biology, Chemistry, General Studies and Critical thinking respectively at AS, Although, they are crap to be honest, average Joe grades, and thats all i am average, so im not going to complain.

Also, from last night, i want to say thanks to Laus and Becki for posting in my thread in H+R it meant so much to me thankyou guys so much, also thankyou to Hannah and gooner1991 for offering your support, it really did mean alot to me so thanks so much guys.
You really are all wonderfull people :love:

Well, i now have alot of thinking to do...do i eather retake AS or go on to A2 and apply to uni!! im prob only going to end up at a poorly looked upon uni to be honest anyway. So i wont get my hopes up.
Its like been a mixed day for me, im so happy, but at the same time im really upset at a few things.

Thankyou all guys, hope everyone is ok :hugs:
And well done again on your results, you lot all deserve success
xxxxxxxxxxx
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
Hey everyone, im so glad to hear of all of your success with your AS/A level grades, im so happy for all of you i really am. I did better than i expected, i got B,C,D,E,E,U. in ICT, Psychology, Biology, Chemistry, General Studies and Critical thinking respectively at AS, Although, they are crap to be honest, average Joe grades, and thats all i am average, so im not going to complain.

Also, from last night, i want to say thanks to Laus and Becki for posting in my thread in H+R it meant so much to me thankyou guys so much, also thankyou to Hannah and gooner1991 for offering your support, it really did mean alot to me so thanks so much guys.

Well, i now have alot of thinking to do...do i eather retake AS or go on to A2 and apply to uni!! im prob only going to end up at a poorly looked upon uni to be honest anyway. So i wont get my hopes up.
Its like been a mixed day for me, im so happy, but at the same time im really upset at a few things.

xxxxxxxxxxx
Well done! :hugs :You don't need to retake the whole year. Discount GS and CT, because they're not necessary. 4 ASs is absolutely fine, and universities don't recognise GS anyway, and CT is only enhancement. Then retake the worst modules from each and you can probably get up to a completely respectable BBCC or BBBC or something, then you can carry on with A2s at the same time.

I'll be retaking at least 3 modules, possibly more. That's the beauty of AS! :yep:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
blah, what a bad afternoon. They want to write the car off Then went to my friend's house..she's meant to be ill in bed with glandular fever. But she'd gone out. I'd taken flowers over and a card. Spent half hour talking to her mum who has parkinsons disease and is really ill and it was really sad. Just reading my year book and noticed that a) I am an idiot because I've put about Warwick all the way through and I'm not going there now cos I'm not clever enough b) People who I left comments for didn't include them. I know there was only limited space but that's besides the point!

Anyway...don't know what I'm doing now. Meant to be going out but eurgh, I don't know No one has been in touch. Feel rubbish
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
blah, what a bad afternoon. They want to write the car off Then went to my friend's house..she's meant to be ill in bed with glandular fever. But she'd gone out. I'd taken flowers over and a card. Spent half hour talking to her mum who has parkinsons disease and is really ill and it was really sad. Just reading my year book and noticed that a) I am an idiot because I've put about Warwick all the way through and I'm not going there now cos I'm not clever enough b) People who I left comments for didn't include them. I know there was only limited space but that's besides the point!

Anyway...don't know what I'm doing now. Meant to be going out but eurgh, I don't know No one has been in touch. Feel rubbish
Liz, you should go out and celebrate, you'll feel better once you're out.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)

xxxxxxxxxxx
Luke, those are good AS results, you certainly don't need to retake the whole year - if you want to, apply to retake a couple of the worst papers in the subjects you're taking on to A level, but I honestly don't think you'll have a problem getting in to a good uni. Don't be so hard on yourself. :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads