Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
dorice525
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kingkanoot)
Thing is though, I KNOW that I'm being ridiculous and that there's plenty of time to get offers and stuff....

Hmmm, not exactly.
Apparently, early applicants who didn't receive that 'shortlist' e-mail are going to hear before Christmas. So it's like a 50/50 chance now. Rejection, or offer. And we aren't the people whom LSE wants the best :P Quite nice to know, I guess. :cool: As long as there's still hope...
anishapol
Report 10 years ago
yay an offer.. Law AAA
kingkanoot
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dorice525)
Hmmm, not exactly.
Apparently, early applicants who didn't receive that 'shortlist' e-mail are going to hear before Christmas. So it's like a 50/50 chance now. Rejection, or offer. And we aren't the people whom LSE wants the best :P Quite nice to know, I guess. :cool: As long as there's still hope...
Oh right there's some sort of shortlist e-mail?? I haven't had that, and that adds to the worries. I suppose there's some kind of deadline now though i suppose, so we know what to expect and kind of when to expect it. Until something comes through, offer, rejection, anything, it's going to be absolute torture. Is it true they're doing a round of rejections next week at LSE??
Yeah lol I suppose so but as long as I get an offer sometime, even if its the evening of the 24th of December I wouldn't mind, once we're in we're in and that'll be that. As you said...there's still hope...though from where I'm standing at the moment I can't see much of it...
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dorice525)
Hmmm, not exactly.
That's not strictly true. That's just what I guessed. Simple logic tells you it's more likely you'd hear before then, but you may well get a short-list letter in December and have to wait 'til March, it's whatever they decide.

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut...or my fingers still for that matter
Economist1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anishapol)
yay an offer.. Law AAA
Congrats!
I_Am_Abbas
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Economist1)
OMG!!

I just came back from the lecture at LSE and I checked Track, and...

Offer for Economics!! WOOOOOO!

Now I just need to get AAA + a pass in Further Maths.

Well done to everyone.

Looks like I missed 20 pages worth of chat on this thread!
Well done!

Sort of dents any lingering confidence I had - not heard from Warwick whilst offers were given, and LSE are holding me off.
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by I_Am_Abbas)
Well done!

Sort of dents any lingering confidence I had - not heard from Warwick whilst offers were given, and LSE are holding me off.
Fear not, I haven't heard back from Warwick yet.

And we practically have the same grades.
2strong
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Fear not, I haven't heard back from Warwick yet.

And we practically have the same grades.
I KNEW YOU WOULD GET ONE!!!! WELL DONE!

ALSO, confirms the theory - LSE and UCL are DEFO communicating. People who havnt got UCL got LSE, and it seems people who did get UCL didnt get LSE. Does anyone hold offers frm both UCL and LSE for Economics?
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2strong)

ALSO, confirms the theory - LSE and UCL are DEFO communicating. People who havnt got UCL got LSE, and it seems people who did get UCL didnt get LSE. Does anyone hold offers frm both UCL and LSE for Economics?
Hehe, thanks. I know several people who got offers from both last year. I think it's too early to speculate about this year though.
Tyrotoxism
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks. It's actually a bit of a scary thought that I was actually at LSE when the offer came through.
Congratulations on the offer!

Out of interest, was tonight's lecture worth attending? I would have attended but unfortunately none of my friends are interested in economics :rolleyes:
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tyrotoxism)
Congratulations on the offer!

Out of interest, was tonight's lecture worth attending?. I would have attended but unfortunately none of my friends are interested in economics :rolleyes:
Yeah, I thought it was great. Especially as the topic of discussion floated to what I wrote my Young economist essay on.
scaryfairy5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

... I have offers from both.

Although I applied to do econ+stats at UCL.
Tyrotoxism
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, I thought it was great. Especially as the topic of discussion floated to what I wrote my Young economist essay on.
I hope they podcast it.

This one looks very interesting.
I_Am_Abbas
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Nice theory - UCL offer gives me an excuse for LSE delaying my response until Jan.

Wish it was the other way round
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tyrotoxism)
I hope they podcast it.

This one looks very interesting.
It's very likely that they will podcast it.

Thanks for the link - I might go, it looks very interesting.
KirstyK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So i keep hearing talk of short lists; I submitted my application a week ago, and I suspect it's far too early for them to make a decision on me, however is it still possible to hear before christmas for someone who has submitted her application so late in november?
The_Hessian
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dragonkiller)
And I'm in the exact same boat as you lol. I applied on the 7th of October, and just have one offer and one interview.
I am also an early applicant ... applied September 15!!! and haven't heard anything, except an acknowledgment email. But no "gathered field" email. Nothing!
This next week's supposed to be awesome. First week of December indicates Christmas is on the door step .... but it's gonna be hell for some of us!!! :eek:
The_Hessian
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KirstyK)
So i keep hearing talk of short lists; I submitted my application a week ago, and I suspect it's far too early for them to make a decision on me, however is it still possible to hear before christmas for someone who has submitted her application so late in november?
I doubt that you will hear from the LSE before Christmas. The people who already received offers applied like in mid-October the latest.

Since everybody hopes the pattern of decision days from the last years will also continue this year, we shall expect one more rejection and one offer day.

If you are a really strong candidate, you may here from them in 2 weeks; but I think it's more likely to hear from them next year. At least don't count on it!

Greetings from the old continent!
The_Hessian
Report 10 years ago
Would you call it to be weird that I'm still checking track? at 10:15pm UK time??? :eek3:
kingkanoot
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The_Hessian)
Would you call it to be weird that I'm still checking track? at 10:15pm UK time??? :eek3:
haha no because I'm doing the same thing!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.26%
No (483)
72.74%

Watched Threads