Turn on thread page Beta

Leeds and Reading Festivals 2009 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olibert)
    Well in clubs I've been to, if there are bouncers on the door checking ID, they don't ID you at the bar.

Also at the Rhythms Of The World festival I got an Over 18 wristband and didn't get ID'd at the bar.
    I think it's where it's an event where under 18s are allowed but alcohol is still sold rather than where you have to legally be 18 to enter. I can't remember where i read it, or if i dreamt it but i thought the organiser were having issues with the wristbands because of the whole having to i.d people at bars, making the bands pointless. Maybe it's still the law and bar staff are legally supposed to i.d people.. but just wont if they have the band, i dunno!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesboss)
    oi reue remember i expect velvet covered toilet seats in the vip area this year. none of this plastic ****
    I work backstage, not vip area

ReputationRep:
    There was talk of them having a separate under 18s and over 18s wristband that would be compulsory.. at least it's a separate one that isn't compulsory this year.

Although that said, I don't think i'd have been too bothered if they had introduced a compulsory age wristband to see if under 18s are drinking underage. I'll be 18 next year anyway so only one year to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesboss)
    you daredevil
    i know right? haha

ReputationRep:
    July 09, 2009

Fans of Reading Festival living in the RG postcode will have priority over 5,000 tickets for the 2010 event.

Orgainser Melvin Benn has taken the decision to hold the tickets for people living in the town after crushes in the queues caused the on-site sale of tickets to be abandoned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    July 09, 2009

Fans of Reading Festival living in the RG postcode will have priority over 5,000 tickets for the 2010 event.

Orgainser Melvin Benn has taken the decision to hold the tickets for people living in the town after crushes in the queues caused the on-site sale of tickets to be abandoned
    Fair enough really. Must really sting if you live in Reading, couldn't get tickets, and your town proceeds to get taken over by all the smelly *******s who did manage to get them.

ReputationRep:
    wahey!

Mikey way has just posted the words "reading/leeds" on his twitter account. This could mean that My Chemical Romance will play. Hopefully not at the expense of a better band, though this year, that would appear to be impossible as long as they don't displace faith no more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrissalix)
    Mikey way has just posted the words "reading/leeds" on his twitter account. This could mean that My Chemical Romance will play. Hopefully not at the expense of a better band, though this year, that would appear to be impossible as long as they don't displace faith no more.
    http://forums.readingfestival.com/tm...56351&mpage=10

Possibly not, still unsure.

(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    http://forums.readingfestival.com/tm...56351&mpage=10

Possibly not, still unsure.
    Probably not now. Reading festival have denied it on twitter.

www.twitter.com/officialrandl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrissalix)
    Probably not now. Reading festival have denied it on twitter.

www.twitter.com/officialrandl
    phew

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Jack's Mannequin been confirmed

ReputationRep:
    I may not be able to, I'm looking at selling my Leeds weekend and camping ticket, plus early entry ticket.
    I'm not going to put it on Ebay unless I put a buy it now price as I don't want it to end up selling for a ridiculous amount as thats unfair.
    How much realistically can I look to sell it for, I obviously want a bit of money back, as I'm now not going for medical reasons, so its unfair on me as well, but I don't wanna rip anyone off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie!)
    I may not be able to, I'm looking at selling my Leeds weekend and camping ticket, plus early entry ticket.
    I'm not going to put it on Ebay unless I put a buy it now price as I don't want it to end up selling for a ridiculous amount as thats unfair.
    How much realistically can I look to sell it for, I obviously want a bit of money back, as I'm now not going for medical reasons, so its unfair on me as well, but I don't wanna rip anyone off.
    put it on scarletmist.com I would be more than willing to buy your early entry ticket!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maya_beans)
    put it on scarletmist.com I would be more than willing to buy your early entry ticket!
    I'll look into it, I've heard a lot of people don't like using viagogo and the like because it takes so long for tickets to come through anyway that they don't always get stuff in time. My friend has ordered the early entry tickets so I might just be getting my money back from her rather than selling it, but if you ask me nearer the time I might be able to sort something, it just depends on when my surgery is, because he might postpone it and let me go to Leeds if its not urgent.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit worried.

I think i might have to go and see 3OH!3 on Saturday (at Leeds).
    Is that stupid lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetalheadA7X)
    I'm a bit worried.

I think i might have to go and see 3OH!3 on Saturday (at Leeds).
    Is that stupid lol?
    I was actually planning on going to see them when it was announced.. is that stupid? :ninja: (at reading)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    I was actually planning on going to see them when it was announced.. is that stupid? :ninja: (at reading)

I downloaded their album before when contemplating this dilemma.
    I have to say i think i will be going to see them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetalheadA7X)
    I downloaded their album before when contemplating this dilemma.
    I have to say i think i will be going to see them.
    Ah we had the album shipped over before because my brother really likes them, I don't see anything wrong with going to see them.. :o:

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.