30.11%
    Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    People don't even know my name. :ninja:
    I dunno, I think that you'd be fairly easy to track, actually. We know roughly where you live/go to school, what subjects you're doing, and what year you're in. That alone would give a potential stalker the ability to narrow it down to a practically searchable list. Couple that with a good trawl of your post history and Facebook and you're probably perfectly identifiable.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    You're applying to Dundee? :eek:
    It's in the list.

What subject?

Unless it's Law, it's very unlikely I'll find out. :ninja:
    It is Law that I'm applying to for Dundee. :p: Couple of my friends are also applying for Civil Engineering.

:eek:

Wow.

Things are getting interesting. :ninja:
    Indeed. Is it just Law that you are applying for? Imagine we all ended up at the same uni....that would be very freaky indeed.

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling this is funny but I don't get it :awesome:

Explain :o:
    Ah, I just meant she was posting it from her phone/iPod whilst actually in the shower, which amused me. But it occurs to me that there's this new-fangled WiFi contraption that means that the joke's slightly redundant. :o:

Incidentally guys,

1) When do the PS for people doing normal subjects (exc. Medicine) get sent away? November/December?
    2) When do you generally hear back?
    3) What happens if you apply in like February and people have got replies in January? I mean, if you apply late, does it affect your chances?

4) RANT: Our guidance teacher had been off and now we find out our first draft was DUE LAST WEEK!
    I think it's sent away in January for normal people. :dontknow: Not worried anyway, done half of my PS. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    1) When do the PS for people doing normal subjects (exc. Medicine) get sent away? November/December?
    Jan 15th is the deadline. You can apply after this, but the universities aren't obliged to consider your application. You can apply any time before this.

2) When do you generally hear back?
    Varies enormously. St Andrews wait till all applications are in and then reply. Durham took so long to reply to people that they sent them an email saying 'Merry Christmas, we're still considering your application!' Edinburgh replied to me within 3 or 4 weeks for both courses.

3) What happens if you apply in like February and people have got replies in January? I mean, if you apply late, does it affect your chances?
    Subject to the answer to 1: in theory, no. In practice, the universities have a very difficult game to play to do with funding for places (and substantial penalties if they oversubscribe) and so on, so you're relying on the statistical models of when people apply and their calibre and so on working out for your particular year.

ReputationRep:
    :teeth: Unbeliever, you dirty! :awesome:
    Amused \neq titillated. This is a fairly important distinction!

:mad: Damn you! But I have a KILLER UNIQUE opening paragraph for Law :yep:

:p:

Thank you :yep:, what I was looking for. :cool:

I'm off, guys. Have to pick up my sister from Violin practice. She doesn't want to walk home...alone :afraid:

:ninja:
    I also have a killer opening paragraph. :yep: Don't battle with me you.......:p:

Goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna do my history essay

until I got high

oooo oooo oooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Amused \neq titillated. This is a fairly important distinction!
    I have finally done ML 3* with variadic trees! :woo: They are like binary trees but each node can have any number of children. I'll send the code off to ol' Larry to see what thinks.

Anyone else get riches from JR?

ReputationRep:
    Loll I'm covered in spots and meehh

Will I buy riches lol

:yep:
    I don't now. He sent me a message saying that I have riches, checked and no riches. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    I have finally done ML 3* with variadic trees! :woo: They are like binary trees but each node can have any number of children. I'll send the code off to ol' Larry to see what thinks.
    That's how I would have done it (or, at least, it's how I did a similar Tripos question for supervision) - assuming I'm remembering correctly. Tick 3* is the combinational one, right?

But to LP?! Is he your ticker?

Same, PM him back like it says in his original PM
    I did, sent me a reply with this :thumbsdown:, nothing has come back yet...

ReputationRep:
    That's how I would have done it (or, at least, it's how I did a similar Tripos question for supervision) - assuming I'm remembering correctly. Tick 3* is the combinational one, right?

How did a sarcasstic.....person ( :P: ) like you get to be a ps helper!

Aw, i'm going to apply now

ReputationRep:

I don't think so, but I emailed him with the idea earlier and he says it'd be interesting to see me getting it right. I'm just happy I managed to figure the implementation out when we are only taught binary trees in the course.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I know he is :teeth: he mentioned it twice in the last thread, once when me and pedrobear were discussing our situations. :p:

Did anyone else just get 399 riches for posting in the day of the life of a sixth form, I know Arcadia, Jack and all that posted so I'M guesSing they got riches as well
    Yep. Sub up, and go to the chatbox

And err, I'm having a bit of anxiety about tomorrow I'm worried that the muggers might be waiting for me there.

(Original post by LuhLah)
    Yep. Sub up, and go to the chatbox

And err, I'm having a bit of anxiety about tomorrow I'm worried that the muggers might be waiting for me there.
    Can you not go a different route from your usual one?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.