Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcgovernjon)
    You'll be fine Which subjects are you doing?
    Thanks. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. Hoping to study chemistry Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel*)
    Thanks. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. Hoping to study chemistry Yourself?
    I'm doing History, English and ICT, and hoping to study History and English (I hate ICT )

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from a Philosophy trip to Oxford - it was so awesome. We had lunch in Balliol and one of the postgrad students asked if any of us were coming to Oxford and when I said I had an offer he said "Welcome to the family"...Really want to get in!

ReputationRep:
    You are all rather dashing. Hope you have a smashing good time at Oxford.

Chaps

ReputationRep:
    Exams over, I'm a free man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy23)
    my bad. how was it?
    FP2 wasnt bad actually, cant talk about the FP3 and M5 I did this afternoon though, which is really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigzog7)
    FP2 wasnt bad actually, cant talk about the FP3 and M5 I did this afternoon though, which is really annoying.
    well we can tomo (: yeh fp2 was so much easier than i expected!

ReputationRep:
    well we can tomo (: yeh fp2 was so much easier than i expected!
    Same, I thought it would be really hard, especially considering I got 32% in our mock.

ReputationRep:
    Same, I thought it would be really hard, especially considering I got 32% in our mock.
    yeah i slipped up in the last q but wasnt too big a deal so happy days

ReputationRep:
    yeah i slipped up in the last q but wasnt too big a deal so happy days
    woop only physics to go now

ReputationRep:
    woop only physics to go now
    i knoow finally

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got that really bad sense of they cant do anything about it now and are scared they've missed out on 3As?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeritV)
    I'm hopefully gonna do PPE and my name's Zuzana
    yourself?
    Your name is AWESOME My name is Ellen and I really really really hope that I will be doing Music xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamie7wwfc)
    Anyone else got that really bad sense of they cant do anything about it now and are scared they've missed out on 3As?
    Yes!! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nag o ma Scylla)
    Certainly! There'll be some others I don't know about as you're doing French on its own, but these are the ones I've been told to get with the recommended editions:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Short Texts:
    Montaigne, 'Des coches' in Essais, Livre III ed. Micha, published by Garnier-Flammarion (and it says don't get the Galliard Folio edition)
    Graffigny, Lettres d'une Péruvienne (it says don't get the Coté-Femmes edition)
    Baudelaire, 'Au Lecteur' and poems 3 ('Elévation'), 7 ('La Muse malade'), 10 (etc.), 19, 21, 23, 25, 28, 29, 31, 36, 40, 44, 48, 49, 50, 53, 62, 66, 69, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 81, 83, 84, 85 from 'Spleen et idéal' in Les Fleurs du Mal, ed, Chesters and published by Bristol Classical Press, or ed. Dupont, published by Flammarion, or ed. Pichois, published by Gallimard
    Césaire, Cahier d'un retour au pays natal, published by Présence africaine
    Racine, Phèdre, ed, Parish, published by Bristol Classical Press
    Beckett, En attendant Godot, published by Editions de Minuit

Prose Fiction:
    'La Chastelaine de Vergi' in Nouvelles Courtoises, ed. Méjean-Thiolier + Notz-Grob, published by Livre de Poche
    Laclos, Les liaisons dangereuses, ed. Pomeau , published by Garnier, Flammarion
    Balzac, La Peau de chagrin, ed. Satiat, published by Garnier-Flammarion or the Folio edition ed. de Sacy
    Proust, Combray, ed. Hodson, published by Bristol Classical Press or in Du coté de chez Swann, ed. Compagnon, Gallimard Folio edition

My letter says to read all the short ones and two of the novels before October if possible, but I don't know whether it would be different depending on subject combination/college.
    Mine's slightly different. I have to read them all beforehand apparently. Also, they've been more specific with the Baudelaire which is more helpful than St. John's has been. The editions are also slightly different too.

I'm dreading how many lectures/tutorials I'm going to have seeing as I've only been told what I'll be having for French...

To be honest I wish that Oxford offered Linguistics as a single honours course. I didn't realise how much literature there was going to be. Not that I'll do this, but I wonder how flexible Oxford is on switching courses.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamie7wwfc)
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone has unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    :gasp: It's nice to know that even Oxford make mistakes sometimes!
    Attached Images

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    :gasp: It's nice to know that even Oxford make mistakes sometimes!

EDIT:
    Also, I'm jealous that you're getting letters from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)

EDIT:
    Also, I'm jealous that you're getting letters from them
    :erm: I don't get it... :blushing:
    Aha, well the letter was only about the Christ Church Entrance Bursary. Usually I just get spam email from them asking me to join the Facebook group!

EDIT: I get it now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.