The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Just got back from a Philosophy trip to Oxford - it was so awesome. We had lunch in Balliol and one of the postgrad students asked if any of us were coming to Oxford and when I said I had an offer he said "Welcome to the family"...Really want to get in!
Reply 1921
You are all rather dashing. Hope you have a smashing good time at Oxford.

Chaps
Exams over, I'm a free man!
Original post by Lucy23
my bad. how was it?

FP2 wasnt bad actually, cant talk about the FP3 and M5 I did this afternoon though, which is really annoying.
Reply 1924
Original post by zigzog7
FP2 wasnt bad actually, cant talk about the FP3 and M5 I did this afternoon though, which is really annoying.

well we can tomo (: yeh fp2 was so much easier than i expected! :biggrin:
Original post by Lucy23
well we can tomo (: yeh fp2 was so much easier than i expected! :biggrin:

Same, I thought it would be really hard, especially considering I got 32% in our mock.
Reply 1926
Original post by zigzog7
Same, I thought it would be really hard, especially considering I got 32% in our mock.

yeah i slipped up in the last q but wasnt too big a deal so happy days :smile:
Original post by Lucy23
yeah i slipped up in the last q but wasnt too big a deal so happy days :smile:

woop :smile: only physics to go now :biggrin:
Reply 1928
Original post by zigzog7
woop :smile: only physics to go now :biggrin:

i knoow finally :biggrin:
Anyone else got that really bad sense of they cant do anything about it now and are scared they've missed out on 3As?
Original post by BeritV
I'm hopefully gonna do PPE and my name's Zuzana :wink:
yourself?

Your name is AWESOME :biggrin: My name is Ellen and I really really really hope that I will be doing Music :s-smilie: xx
Original post by jamie7wwfc
Anyone else got that really bad sense of they cant do anything about it now and are scared they've missed out on 3As?

Yes!! :sad:
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
Certainly! There'll be some others I don't know about as you're doing French on its own, but these are the ones I've been told to get with the recommended editions:

Spoiler

My letter says to read all the short ones and two of the novels before October if possible, but I don't know whether it would be different depending on subject combination/college.

Mine's slightly different. I have to read them all beforehand apparently. :frown: Also, they've been more specific with the Baudelaire which is more helpful than St. John's has been. The editions are also slightly different too.

I'm dreading how many lectures/tutorials I'm going to have seeing as I've only been told what I'll be having for French...

To be honest I wish that Oxford offered Linguistics as a single honours course. I didn't realise how much literature there was going to be. Not that I'll do this, but I wonder how flexible Oxford is on switching courses.
Original post by jamie7wwfc

Me too :frown:
I think everyone has unfortunately :frown:
:gasp: It's nice to know that even Oxford make mistakes sometimes!
Original post by brendan.
:gasp: It's nice to know that even Oxford make mistakes sometimes!

EDIT:
Also, I'm jealous that you're getting letters from them :tongue:
Original post by LtCommanderData

EDIT:
Also, I'm jealous that you're getting letters from them :tongue:

:erm: I don't get it... :blushing:
Aha, well the letter was only about the Christ Church Entrance Bursary. Usually I just get spam email from them asking me to join the Facebook group!

EDIT: I get it now! :biggrin:
Original post by brendan.
:erm: I don't get it... :blushing:
Aha, well the letter was only about the Christ Church Entrance Bursary. Usually I just get spam email from them asking me to join the Facebook group!

EDIT: I get it now! :biggrin:

I still don't get it... :confused:
Original post by mcgovernjon
I still don't get it... :confused:

Maybe it wasn't a mistake...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending