The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

zhuang laoshi is a ledge. Shibushi.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1921
Yeah, I'm doing 2A and 2B, and EAC2 :tongue: I'm trying to work out who you are..

I sympathise on the 300 word thing, I cringed in class when I heard that. Only know one person who did it last week, I might have a stab at some point - virgin's cut the internet off at my flat, so not so many distractions now...
Reply 1922
im class rep :smile:
ill wear a badge tomorrow :smile: lol

how hard is the classical chinese? its pants, its useless for what i would like to do.

wo shi aidingbau da xue xuesheng.

thats so all the chinese i know.

bu hao!
x
tsh, you forgot the tones... for shame.
Reply 1924
Damnit, I didn't see this last night, so wasn't looking out :tongue:

As a clue, I've recently lost a beard. If found, please return, I miss it :frown:
Reply 1925
im sitting next to you right now!!! lol

this class is ace... i can write in chinese on the pc!

你好!

xx
Reply 1926
我是太好了!汉语是很好可是老师是不太好了!

我是爱丁堡大学学生. Hahaha!

….这是非常好!
Reply 1927
i am very glad i got you a new addiction phil, that facebook app is AWESOME huh
xxxxxxxx
Can i be an honorary member? Hmm maybe not. I've wanted to go to Edinburgh Uni for years and i just want to skip college and go straight there...unfortunately i don't think i'd be aloud to do that:rolleyes:. 2 years of A-levels to go, hmm lovely thought.
Reply 1929
of course, consider yourself a member! :smile:

x
Thankyouu, :smile: hmm i wonder if it will help my chances at getting in...:s-smilie: *is in blissfull denial*
Reply 1931
:redface: It was YOU! Obviously I was paying too much attention that day to see you were messing about on TSR, which is unusual by my standards :tongue:

Anyway, back to finishing my EAC essay. Kindof get the feeling that with a week's extension, I should have done more work before now, but ah well..

Unfortunately, the PC I'm using in my flat just now doesn't have Chinese characters installed, and my laptop's decided to die on me (great timing with an essay due..) so whatever you wrote will be a mystery for now. I might end up spending the night camped out in the Hugh Robson building computer lab, so may get to read it there :tongue:
That's the one that's open 24 hours right? I haven't used it yet, any idea if it's any good?
Reply 1933
It's brilliant, though you will need your student card + pin number to get in. Alas, my pin isn't working, and card services haven't reset it yet, so I'm still using my flatmate's card/pin to get in.

Was in there a few weeks ago when a mouse started running around my bedroom, decided I couldn't concentrate in here any more...Tuned up about 4am, only had 3 or 4 other people there, dead quiet, everything working perfectly. I was foiled on Tuesday night, as it closed after the powercut, but I work in there often, as my most productive hours tend to be after 3am!

One thing to beware of is the random resetting of machines, which seems to happen at 5am or so. You get one of the little popups telling you to save everything, but it's all back up 5 minutes later (which means smoke time for me).

Check it out some time :smile:
Feef
It's brilliant, though you will need your student card + pin number to get in. Alas, my pin isn't working, and card services haven't reset it yet, so I'm still using my flatmate's card/pin to get in.

Was in there a few weeks ago when a mouse started running around my bedroom, decided I couldn't concentrate in here any more...Tuned up about 4am, only had 3 or 4 other people there, dead quiet, everything working perfectly. I was foiled on Tuesday night, as it closed after the powercut, but I work in there often, as my most productive hours tend to be after 3am!

One thing to beware of is the random resetting of machines, which seems to happen at 5am or so. You get one of the little popups telling you to save everything, but it's all back up 5 minutes later (which means smoke time for me).

Check it out some time :smile:

You can reset your pin on MyEd... takes about an hour to filter through the system, but might take less time than waiting for card services!

My fav late night comp room is the Geography comp lab on Drummond St (access from Infirmary St with card (and maybe pin, not sure) after hours) I'm not a fan of the hugh robson as it feels a bit like you're stuck in a basement full of recycled air and whirring computers!
Reply 1935
Aye I tried doing that first, but can't even get the link to reset it - I remember seeing it in the past, but now it helpfully just says "Error - Please contact card services). Ah well..

It does kindof feel like that, and, it is, I guess :tongue: I find any of them easier to work in than my room though, which doesn't actually have a desk in it - I've currently got a monitor balanced on a speaker, a keyboard on top of my jeans in a drawer and a PC on my amp, with about 6" of space for my mouse on front of the speaker, all on a chest of drawers - not ideal! I'll get round to fixing my laptop one of these days..
well hello... i now have internet in my flat (today is an amazing day) which we've been battling with BT and the ISP to get sorted for the past 9 weeks... and i became the official phone caller in all of this. fun.

anyway, hey everyone, hows 2nd year going? slash 1st year for the freshers?
i need to sort out getting my deposit back from last year, they keep promising to send it and it never arrives in my bank, but they won't give me a cheque or anything to do it that way. has everyone else got theirs back?

and sms email is down which sucks, and myed/webct keeps crashing. so the internet in the flat day ain't that good. and whats with this whole new forum thingy? i don't like it.

xxx
oxymoronic

i need to sort out getting my deposit back from last year, they keep promising to send it and it never arrives in my bank, but they won't give me a cheque or anything to do it that way. has everyone else got theirs back?

I got mine back no bother (staff benefits :biggrin: ) but I know a lot of people who struggled until they went down to Accommodation Services (at the Pollock Halls Reception Centre) and sorted it out face-to-face. Clause 4 of the lease specifically states that the deposit will be returned at the end of the tenancy, so you're well within your rights now to go down and say, it's been six months, hurry up or I'll take this further.

You'd be amazed how quickly that gets them off their backsides.
Reply 1938
I just noticed that classes don't start up again in the new yr until Jan 7th... which means we have ~ 3 weeks off over the holidays which is great. Friends at St Andrews have their exams in Jan. I think I prefer this semester system. That way we get them over with now and get to enjoy the holiday! Off to change my return flight date....
Reply 1939
Yeah, it's a right pain just now when all of my friends from elsewhere are finishing and going home to party, but I know I'll be the one laughing come january when they're worrying about revision, this way I'm still in a working frame of mind :smile:

Plus, 2 of mine are out of the way, got an oral on Monday, then I'm off home on Tuesday til the 11th...back for my last exam on the 14th, then off again. Seemed like a pointlessly long time to stick around here with no money, but it's nice to feel like the holiday's almost here :smile: Half a year gone. Eep!

Latest

Trending

Trending