Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Flawless)
    Hurray, I just got my first offer from Bristol! A*AA in Mathematics and Economics with 90 in C3 and C4.
    Great. Mine just says AA in C3 and C4 so that wouldn't be too difficult to get.
    Well, they also want 7.0 in IELTS (I hoped they would let me without it) but meh, it shouldn't be too difficult either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Great. Mine just says AA in C3 and C4 so that wouldn't be too difficult to get.
    Well, they also want 7.0 in IELTS (I hoped they would let me without it) but meh, it shouldn't be too difficult either.
    Congrats on your offer too! Mine was actually AA in C3 and C4 too, I just read it wrong out of excitement.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I think I'm in Keith's situation :P I've applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL, Bath and Surrey and have got offers from the last two I'm predicted to get A*AA which I think is do-able, but I'm not too confident on Oxford :P

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Bristol. (AA in Mathematics and Economics - I already had an A* in Polish and apparently only need to get these 2).
    Is Polish you're native language or is it English? Since I thought Uni's don't accept native languages.

But regardless, congrats on the offer!

Congrats on your offer too! Mine was actually AA in C3 and C4 too, I just read it wrong out of excitement.
    Congrats on that!

A few Bristol offers here. I feel I should check track too. When did you send off your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Is Polish you're native language or is it English? Since I thought Uni's don't accept native languages.

Congrats on that!

A few Bristol offers here. I feel I should check track too. When did you send off your application?
    Thanks buddy. I sent mine off on the same day purplemind did; the 8th of October, which explains why we might have received our offers on the sane day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Congrats on that!
    It is my native language, I lived 16 years in Poland before I came here to do my A Levels. I was really surprised because I was told the same thing - that unis don't accept native languages.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks buddy. I sent mine off on the same day purplemind did; the 8th of October, which explains why we might have received our offers on the sane day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine was received on the 9th so fingers crossed for an offer over the next few days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is my native language, I lived 16 years in Poland before I came here to do my A Levels. I was really surprised because I was told the same thing - that unis don't accept native languages.

Thank you.
    Take it as a stroke of good luck. They probably let it slide if they love the rest of the application.

ReputationRep:
    Hurray, I just got my first offer from Bristol! A*AA in Mathematics and Economics with AA in C3 and C4.
    Congrats on your offer! What GCSEs and AS grades do you have, if you dont mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Take it as a stroke of good luck. They probably let it slide if they love the rest of the application.
    That's probably right and I'm happy as it is quite a nice offer.

ReputationRep:
    Hurray, I just got my first offer from Bristol! A*AA in Mathematics and Economics with AA in C3 and C4.
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VinceVC)
    Congrats on your offer! What GCSEs and AS grades do you have, if you dont mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I had 10A*s at GCSE and 4As at AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Newcastle, Glasgow and Cardiff!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got a mail from Manchester asking for more information !

ReputationRep:
    Did any other Bristol applicants who haven't got an offer yet receive an email from Bristol saying they're still considering the application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    Did any other Bristol applicants who haven't got an offer yet receive an email from Bristol saying they're still considering the application?

no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd1711)
    no?
    When did you send your UCAS off? I only got it this morning so they may not be sending them out all at once (especially if you only applied last week)

ReputationRep:
    When did you send your UCAS off? I only got it this morning so they may not be sending them out all at once (especially if you only applied last week)
    When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    9th of October. This is the first kind of "we're looking at your application" type email since sending my UCAS off.

I'm getting a little impatient since one friend has an offer for Politics and Economics and another has an unconditional offer for Aeronautical Engineering (both from Bristol), but I guess there's still plenty of time...

ReputationRep:
    9th of October. This is the first kind of "we're looking at your application" type email since sending my UCAS off.

I'm getting a little impatient since one friend has an offer for Politics and Economics and another has an unconditional offer for Aeronautical Engineering (both from Bristol), but I guess there's still plenty of time...
    I sent mine on the 14th .. Fingers crossed hah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.