Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    No, but they sometimes take the time to do it. Like with Martha and her 'cousin'.
    True, it'd be interesting to see if they explained it or just glossed over it again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    True, it'd be interesting to see if they explained it or just glossed over it again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh remembered another one - Gwen Cooper and the Welsh maid from The Unquiet Dead, where they made a reference to Gwen being from an old Cardiff family etc.

I suspect if it is a recasting of someone who's already been in it they'll just gloss over it. After all, it's easy to explain why there might be a family resemblance between companions and people met in just one episode, but when it's the Doctor that's a bit different :p:

Oooooh I'm so excited!

I don't know how true this is, but apparently Daniel Rigby has pulled out of a play he was supposed to be doing tomorrow night

I'm really really scared it's him now. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer a younger Doctor, but pleeeeaaaase oh god, not Daniel Rigby. Nowadays all that i can think of when i see him is BT :no:

I'll be happy with Peter Capaldi though, even though he wasn't my outright fave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orthrus)
    I'd prefer a younger Doctor, but pleeeeaaaase oh god, not Daniel Rigby. Nowadays all that i can think of when i see him is BT :no:

I'll be happy with Peter Capaldi though, even though he wasn't my outright fave.
    I can't understand why Daniel Rigby has risen so high in the list - I find him sort of OK-ish but a bit irritating and he's not even in the same league as recent doctors, surely?

Peter Capaldi would be a stunning choice but maybe he won't do it - I can't quite see him going for it.

ReputationRep:
    My mone is on Daniel Radcliffe

Same. That's the only thing I've seen him in, and he is so annoying. :no::no: I'll be gutted if it's him.

(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I can't understand why Daniel Rigby has risen so high in the list - I find him sort of OK-ish but a bit irritating and he's not even in the same league as recent doctors, surely?

Peter Capaldi would be a stunning choice but maybe he won't do it - I can't quite see him going for it.
    The fact that Capaldi's name has been thrown around everywhere makes me think it isn't him. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopG)
    My mone is on Daniel Radcliffe
    With Emma W as assistant maybe? The Dream Team. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    BT guy :facepalm2:

**** me, just end the show now if its him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I reckon whoever it is, there's going to be a lot of 'oh no, he won't do as good a job at Matt Smith!' and then he'll turn out to be wonderful.

This is exactly what happened the last two times :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    I reckon whoever it is, there's going to be a lot of 'oh no, he won't do as good a job at Matt Smith!' and then he'll turn out to be wonderful.

This is exactly what happened the last two times :mmm:
    It doesn't really matter. Steven Moffat will write him some bs childish storylines like always.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is going to happen in the special announcement programme tomorrow? Are they simply going to tell us the actor? Or he (/she?) going to be there on stage too? So excited!

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/03/new-do...ended-3909979/

Please please please please please :yep: *prays*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Tough)
    What exactly is going to happen in the special announcement programme tomorrow? Are they simply going to tell us the actor? Or he (/she?) going to be there on stage too? So excited!
    The new actor will step out the TARDIS, come close to the camera, stand still and have their name CGI'd on to the screen ala JOHN HURT AS THE DOCTOR style.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    The new actor will step out the TARDIS, come close to the camera, stand still and have their name CGI'd on to the screen ala JOHN HURT AS THE DOCTOR style.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Either that, or John Hurt will walk out :sly:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/03/new-do...ended-3909979/

Please please please please please :yep: *prays*
    Don't build your hopes up Marian, it's not worth the despair :console: We'll just have to have a Thick of It marathon if it isn't.

He is apparently a massive DW fan so I can see him being up for it unless he considers himself too old.

I'm actually conflicted now, apprently he went to the High School down the road from me sooo... If he turns out to be a Stockport FC fan then i'm with him all the way :^_^: He does seem to have a lot of projects coming up though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Same. That's the only thing I've seen him in, and he is so annoying. :no::no: I'll be gutted if it's him.
    I saw him in that 'Black mirror' series on Channel 4, and he was alright i suppose, but he just hasn't got that whovian feel around him. I'm worried because we all know how often relative unknowns become doctors :afraid:

I really don't know either, probably because he's closer to the age of the more recent doctors maybe?

I don't know, Doctor Who is one of those big roles... i've got my fingers crossed that it might just tempt him! :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    I'm actually conflicted now, apprently he went to the High School down the road from me sooo... If he turns out to be a Stockport FC fan then i'm with him all the way :^_^: He does seem to have a lot of projects coming up though...
    Oh god, so he's a northerner? That's an unfair play on my geographical loyalty :eek: That'll soften the blow a bit if he does get the role, but i still don't want him! What has his BT grilfriend got to say about this?!

And also, shame on you, supporting a non-newcastle-based team

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, so he's a northerner? That's an unfair play on my geographical loyalty :eek: That'll soften the blow a bit if he does get the role, but i still don't want him! What has his BT grilfriend got to say about this?!

And also, shame on you, supporting a non-newcastle-based team
    Confliction Dx Maybe we can try for the most northern cast possible... RICKY TOMLINSON FOR DOCTOR WHO 2013 And then just throw in Daniel Craig as the companion, Johnny Vegas as the new voice of the Daleks and have John Bishop as The Master. Nothing could go wrong there :daydreaming:

Newcastle based teams are too good, I like my teams to be 'meh' to 'crap'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Confliction Dx Maybe we can try for the most northern cast possible... RICKY TOMLINSON FOR DOCTOR WHO 2013 And then just throw in Daniel Craig as the companion, Johnny Vegas as the new voice of the Daleks and have John Bishop as The Master. Nothing could go wrong there :daydreaming:

Newcastle based teams are too good, I like my teams to be 'meh' to 'crap'
    The thought of Johnny Vegas as the voice of the Daleks tickled me :lol: And of course, a bit of paddy McGuinness voicing the cybermen for good measure! It'd be the best thing to come from up north since... oh dear, i've drawn a blank :facepalm2:

Are we talking about the same Newcastle? :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.