Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think you could add clearing choices until UCAS comes back online around 5pm?
    You can't physically add the choice, I don't think, but most people call up the uni's and secure a place by giving all their details and persuading uni's to accept them, so that when you do add them at 5 it all goes through very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to apply for Pharmacy 2014 entry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunny96)
    Exactly! The questions were not as straightforward as usual :broken: Yes I did! I had another major exam that day so I didn't prepare for it an awful lot but I found the exam not as bad as the first one :K:
    I don't mind that, but I just wished we had more time; a mark a minute doesn't seem enough! I sat Unit 2 in Jan so didn't see what this one was like, was it better or worse?

ReputationRep:
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think you could add clearing choices until UCAS comes back online around 5pm?
    track is available again in the afternoon at 12ish so i'm assuming you can add clearing choices then maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxMagicMezziexX)
    All shopping is complete, and all for under £150! I am so excited to just move in now, BRING ON RESULTS!!
    Oh wow, that was so quick. When do you start uni? I'm not starting anything till I've gotten my results + I'm hoping to start in October so there's timeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    ahh nerve wracking times! I'm sure at least one will take you
    would you mind going to your insurance?
    I knowwww, fingers crossed! I wouldn't mind tbh, I just want to get into uni, haha. Are your choices both the same requirements?

ReputationRep:
    I've NEVER been so nervous into life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I don't mind that, but I just wished we had more time; a mark a minute doesn't seem enough! I sat Unit 2 in Jan so didn't see what this one was like, was it better or worse?
    I know right! I actually didn't have time to finish the mechanics paper or the second one, and I knew how to do some of the questions left :/ But generally I am really slow in exams
    I think the one in June was a bit more tricky but not by much, but I am sure the grade boundaries will balance that up
    Do you know what you got in it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatRainbows_x)
    I knowwww, fingers crossed! I wouldn't mind tbh, I just want to get into uni, haha. Are your choices both the same requirements?
    haha same.
    nope my firm is aab, and abb for insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hullo)
    Oh wow, that was so quick. When do you start uni? I'm not starting anything till I've gotten my results + I'm hoping to start in October so there's timeee
    what uni is this?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to apply for Pharmacy 2014 entry?
    I am, hopefully Which unis are you going to apply to?

ReputationRep:
    that's code for alcohol, isn't it :ahee:
    Don't be silly!

That comes after the milkshake :P

ReputationRep:
    I know right! I actually didn't have time to finish the mechanics paper or the second one, and I knew how to do some of the questions left :/ But generally I am really slow in exams
    I think the one in June was a bit more tricky but not by much, but I am sure the grade boundaries will balance that up
    Do you know what you got in it?
    Its weird, I was able to those mechanics papers at home in half an hour but in the exam time was tight and I had to dash at the end!
    Of course, I received my result in March

ReputationRep:
    You don't add clearing choices and hope one of them will accept you. You need to speak to the univs that are in clearing. If one of them agrees to accept you, then you put that as your clearing choice after 5 PM. You can put only one choice. UCAS forwards that to the Uni who send back a confirmation.

ReputationRep:
    So...
    Anyone else going round Patrick's for the next few days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonkeeper999)
    If you're using Chrome, add the Auto Refresh Plus add-on
    Oh okay, So I just type the word I want it to find This will be helpful for when the STEP reuslts come on thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Its weird, I was able to those mechanics papers at home in half an hour but in the exam time was tight and I had to dash at the end!
    Of course, I received my result in March

Yeah that always seems to happen
    Well I guess I will know too in five days!

ReputationRep:
    what uni is this?! :eek:
    Plenty of unis start in October - my firm does, and my insurance did every year up til now but not this year :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoile)
    Plenty of unis start in October - my firm does, and my insurance did every year up til now but not this year :rolleyes:
    I was under the impression it was almost exclusively Oxbridge that start late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andaxay)
    Don't be silly!

That comes after the milkshake :P
    aha I like your style

or you could combine both and go TGI's - they have baileys milkshake :2in1:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.