Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think the personal statement and general application is very important to LSE. My friend got AABB at AS and is predicted AAA at A2 and got an offer. He had like amazing work experience though so i guess it's a combo of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Hahaha I like the sound of that - "LSE Friday".
    i keep thinking of black tuesday everytime i hear that, i hope its not a sign!

(wall street crash depression)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karaweekes)
    I think the personal statement and general application is very important to LSE. My friend got AABB at AS and is predicted AAA at A2 and got an offer. He had like amazing work experience though so i guess it's a combo of things
    for what course was this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiona16)
    Thanks!
    It was around 13:00. Quite random I think.
    I applied for maths with econ.
    did u find out on ucas or email (or both)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrEconomics)
    for what course was this?
    Economics i believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceKidd)
    did u find out on ucas or email (or both)?
    Email. I checked my email at 2pm and there were 2 emails. One from LSE and one from UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Actually it explicitly states on the Cambridge website that A*A*A is a competitive set of results for post-applicants applying for an Arts subject (which he is doing). For sciences it's A*A*A*, but that's due to the nature of the subjects... but anyways Tej was right when he said he had a solid set of results for Camb as he satisfied the above.

With regards to UMS, for post-applicants the final grade is a lot more important than a few points you got at AS, as an A* shows you've done well at the harder A2, and, as someone stated above, they pay more attention to the most recent set of results. UMS is more useful for students with AS results in order to predict what they're likely to get at A2. Why is why the auto-pool for post-applicants filters out candidates using final grades, rather than a UMS average which is used for those with AS results.
    That gives me some confidence as I am a post applicant with relatively poor UMS for what the grades suggest. Can you link me to where cambridge say this?

Thanks for all your posts in student room, they have been quite useful!

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer from LSE today! Still can't believe it! I thought they would make their decisions on Friday...
    Ooh!! Congratulations!!! =))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Hahaha I like the sound of that - "LSE Friday".
    Haha, it's actually become Thursday and Friday, I just heard from a friend; he achieved an offer for Law and anthropology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Maths with Eco and got the offer today! Good luck for everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bird in water)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!!! =))

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Over 6 weeks into the 5 week email, they said they'll let me know soon but still no news

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did you send your UCAS form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valerab)
    Over 6 weeks into the 5 week email, they said they'll let me know soon but still no news
    Exact same story here - will be 7 weeks next Tuesday.
    What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebell_flames)
    When did you send your UCAS form?
    Around 8th of October I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mkhad)
    Exact same story here - will be 7 weeks next Tuesday.
    What did you apply for?
    Statistics with finance mate, what about you?

The annoying thing is that it just means that we must be borderline acceptance which makes it even worse lol

ReputationRep:
    Around 8th of October I think
    Thanks (and congrats!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valerab)
    Statistics with finance mate, what about you?

The annoying thing is that it just means that we must be borderline acceptance which makes it even worse lol
    Oh man good luck with that, I went for Economics and Economic History.
    Annoying knowing that other people have already gotten offers for the same course so it adds to that uncertainty of how good you rank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mkhad)
    Oh man good luck with that, I went for Economics and Economic History.
    Annoying knowing that other people have already gotten offers for the same course so it adds to that uncertainty of how good you rank
    The funny thing is, is that my course isn't that popular in 2012 it only had 180 applicants and 14 places. I haven't even seen/heard of anyone applying for it apart from me lol

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer from LSE today! Still can't believe it! I thought they would make their decisions on Friday...
    Congrats!
    How far into your 5 week email were you when you received the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.