Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Feel bleh. I'm not looking after myself well at all (physically) and it's taking a toll. Feel like lying in bed and crying all day. I am trying not to keep a mental flashback tally because it's counterproductive but on Thursday I had a bad one in front of people, and had one yesterday as well... I'm tired. Part of that is due to not caring for physical health problems so I need to (wo)man the **** up and deal with it. But instead I'm planning to cancel my next hospital appointment so they don't notice the horribly dangerous EDish behaviour I'm displaying.

Everything feels overwhelming. If my body worked properly, this would be much easier. There would be so many less ways that I could **** up, either due to laziness or EDish stuff or anxiety. But it doesn't and that leaves me open to doing bad stuff and argh. I'm sort of fine. Sort of not, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Felt really stupid going to bed with a plaster stuck to my face but hey it got the job done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So glad it worked! How are you today?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by octoberbaby)
    So glad it worked! How are you today?
    Still not great. I keep checking my phone over and over hoping my friend will reply or that somebody will notice my status but they never do. I'm so exhausted and i'm scared to switch meds today cos I don't think i'll be able to cope with any more side effects. Freaking out so much and I don't even know why half the time. I just want this to be over!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still not great. I keep checking my phone over and over hoping my friend will reply or that somebody will notice my status but they never do. I'm so exhausted and i'm scared to switch meds today cos I don't think i'll be able to cope with any more side effects. Freaking out so much and I don't even know why half the time. I just want this to be over!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure people have noticed, but sometimes you notice but you just don't know what to say. People have said to me before that they don't wanna be like "I'm sorry you are feeling this way" or something along those lines because they think it's pointless and unhelpful. They don't want to say anything about it unless they actually have something to say. I'm sure people have noticed but they don't realise that just saying they are there for you can be helpful.

Also maybe try to think positively to switching meds - everyone reacts differently and you may not get any side effects with your new medication? I hope it's okay :console:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by octoberbaby)
    I'm sure people have noticed, but sometimes you notice but you just don't know what to say. People have said to me before that they don't wanna be like "I'm sorry you are feeling this way" or something along those lines because they think it's pointless and unhelpful. They don't want to say anything about it unless they actually have something to say. I'm sure people have noticed but they don't realise that just saying they are there for you can be helpful.

Also maybe try to think positively to switching meds - everyone reacts differently and you may not get any side effects with your new medication? I hope it's okay :console:
    :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    instead I'm planning to cancel my next hospital appointment so they don't notice the horribly dangerous EDish behaviour I'm displaying.
    Not sure cancelling your appointment is the smartest idea you've ever had, hun :nah:

(Original post by SciFiRory)
    can't ****ing deal with this ****, so much ****ing **** and hate and ****ing awful people and awful **** going on.

and nobody ****ing cares and if they do they just want to make it worse.

why ****ing bother then? **** it all, let it all ****ing **** itself till its gone.

and I'm a ****ing fat lump of **** anyway.
    Hope things seem better today. You're not a fat lump of **** :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips for someone returning to uni after a year out for MH problems? Any advice would be really appreciated, especially anything OCD related! I'm starting to worry a lot about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    :hugs: is there anything you can do to take your mind off the hallucinations? am here if you wanna chat!
    Thanks, sorry I didn't reply :hugs: Hope you're feeling better today :yes: :hugs:

Feeling really rubbish, physically and mentally Awful night, got no sleep at all. Not feeling totally safe either tbh. I just want to give up right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Was starting to feel a little better then my mum went and noticed one of the marks on my face and I'm all self conscious again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had a shower and now put a new screen protector on my phone But I still woke up so late. Why? Why does this keep happening? Wish it stopped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Not sure cancelling your appointment is the smartest idea you've ever had, hun :nah:

Hope things seem better today. You're not a fat lump of **** :nah:

(Original post by 08batee)
    Thanks, sorry I didn't reply :hugs: Hope you're feeling better today :yes: :hugs:

Feeling really rubbish, physically and mentally Awful night, got no sleep at all. Not feeling totally safe either tbh. I just want to give up right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont listen if he disagrees. Hes feeling much better today even if he doesnt say

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Dont listen if he disagrees. Hes feeling much better today even if he doesnt say

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really glad to hear that! Hope you're doing okay, too :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone implied that perhaps I need to trust people more. I trust people in a friendly term (obviously as I wouldn't have told people about me feeling pathetic a lot of the time) , but when it comes to working with people, I do admit that I don't really trust people and only trust my ability in something. I guess that's another bad thing about me However when people have let you down over and over again, is it any wonder why I struggle to trust people from time to time.

I'll just stick some summery music on...I trust music!

ReputationRep:
    Never realised I forgot my meds yesterday :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by avhhs)
    Never realised I forgot my meds yesterday :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oopsie! It's fine though. Some of your last dose will still have been in your system so there won't have been too much difference. Just take your next dose as normal and you'll be fine.
    Everyone forgets now and again. I keep mine in my make-up bag to make sure I don't forget too often :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Oopsie! It's fine though. Some of your last dose will still have been in your system so there won't have been too much difference. Just take your next dose as normal and you'll be fine.
    Everyone forgets now and again. I keep mine in my make-up bag to make sure I don't forget too often :cute:
    I didn't notice the mistake until I went to take them and saw the ones for Friday untouched I guess you keep make up with you all the time? Mine are kept in the kitchen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by avhhs)
    I didn't notice the mistake until I went to take them and saw the ones for Friday untouched I guess you keep make up with you all the time? Mine are kept in the kitchen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha i've been there. I put it on each morning, same time as i'm meant to take my tablets. I still manage to forget though :rolleyes: Try putting your tablets near your toothbrush or something if you keep forgetting so you can mix them in with your morning routine?
    Hope you had a good day despite you're little mind lapse
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Seriously freaking out about exams! :zomg: I just realised that on top of feeling like **** all the time I'm not even waking up until like 2 most days- after the start time of all my exams. How am I expected to be able to cope with this?! Just being in a revision session triggered me enough that I almost made a very big mistake. How am I meant to cope with being stuck in an exam room all day (for me it is actually all day pretty much) if I can't even sit in a class room for an hour!? I can't do this!! I'm actually really worried about what might happen because of the stress of exams. Is it possible for me to stop taking the exam if I feel too ****? I don't want to actually miss the exam but if I get a trigger like I did in revision I will have no choice. I'm not going to put my safety at risk for a ****** exam! I get rest breaks and all but at what point can I say that it's actually dangerous for me to keep sitting the exam? :confused:
    I may just be able to cope but what if I can't? If I leave the exam part way through and can't go back what will happen? Will they just be like "well you were well enough to get here so blaaah!" and not give me any consideration? If I screw up i'm doomed to yet more failure cos i'll loose my place at uni. I can't focus for **** at the best of times and everything I do makes me so sad I can't stand it. Silence makes me feel so alone. 2 hours of silence is going to be torture! I'm really terrified!! :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    It's sort of scary how much my issues have caused me to be utterly isolated from everything. It's as though I've sort of gone, disappeared off the face of the earth, and I see everyone living their normal lives without me, as if I actually don't exist. I find it weird, it's almost as if I'm having to live in secret from everything or something. I feel as though living is impossible on such a low level of functionality and I feel as though everyone's left me behind. I don't blame them, or feel any sort of anger or anything for that, it's sort of a natural progression considering I'm barely in anyone's lives any more. But my close group of friends are going out tonight, and Facebook is crawling with their statuses, pictures of outfits, blah blah blah and I just don't know whether I have any friends at all anymore. I feel angry at myself, for sure. I'm not sure why I have to be so pathetic. I just find it weird how they're my best friends yet they're so used to me not doing anything that they don't bother any more. I'm really not quite sure what the point of this post is, I'm just really sad, and defeated, and really hopeless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feeling so ill today.. my own fault and yet I cant stop.
    Why would I do this, my first exam is on monday!
    So stressed and low today, just want it all to go away

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.