Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dyingslikeanart)
    Got ABB and missed my offer for Birmingham, I'm gutted, I don't want to go through clearing so I'm thinking about taking a gap year and retaking the b I got in maths!
    Probably the best thing to do if you have your heart set on Birmingham. I would try to get some reassurance from Birmingham that they'd still accept you after the retakes. I'm sure they will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecawthorn)
    Oh right, so it still works out the same anyway? I'll ask my teacher tomorrow anyways!
    Yes, but only the UMS grade boundaries. xD

ReputationRep:
    I need some advise. I really did badly at my AS results today. I got c in further maths, c in biology, D in chemistry, and d in physics.
    Ive alwaysss wanted to do medicine, It's acctually my life. I would do anything to get into medicine, but right now, cause of these grades, im really not sure im gonna make it. Im considering retaking everything while continuing biology and chemistry at A2. But I would have to submit my AS results to ucas, which im scared about, as im pretty sure, they wont accept these grades... what do i do? i really need help

ReputationRep:
    Can I apply to a course at universitythat requires ABB if I currently have BBD. One of the B grades is an overall A2 Sociology grade and the other B is in AS Psychology but I was three marks away from an A. And I think I could get an A overall for it. I'm thinking of resitting one of the exams for A2 Sociology as I feel I am capable of an A, having attained As in the past. The D is in an AS subject which I think I could get a C for or possibly a B as the A2 units carry more marks.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I got 96% in English Literature and 91% in French! Well done the rest of you guys! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priya777)
    I need some advise. I really did badly at my AS results today. I got c in further maths, c in biology, D in chemistry, and d in physics.
    Ive alwaysss wanted to do medicine, It's acctually my life. I would do anything to get into medicine, but right now, cause of these grades, im really not sure im gonna make it. Im considering retaking everything while continuing biology and chemistry at A2. But I would have to submit my AS results to ucas, which im scared about, as im pretty sure, they wont accept these grades... what do i do? i really need help
    I'm afraid I don't know personally, but there is a thread somewhere around that's specifically for questions about AS grades and Medicine... I'll see if I can find it for you EDIT: Found it! Try here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2421623

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Probably the best thing to do if you have your heart set on Birmingham. I would try to get some reassurance from Birmingham that they'd still accept you after the retakes. I'm sure they will.
    Im going to call them now and hopefully reapply next year with an a or a* in maths.

ReputationRep:
    Wondering, how important is the 4th AS

Mines in a fairly non respected subject (IT) with a mediocre grade of C

I just finished my AS, applying to uni with AABC
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkhead)
    I didn't know teenagers add their parents on facebook!
    I blocked my mum from Facebook :teehee: before she even had a chance to think about adding me.

I don't want her to see embarassing uni pictures of me

ReputationRep:
    Missed my offer, still got accepted into firm but very disappointed. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how to convert UMS to raw marks? The exam board is OCR.

many thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long aqa geography take with standard remarks?

ReputationRep:
    Got into UCL to study chemistry. Hell yeah!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie1994)
    Can anyone tell me how to convert UMS to raw marks? The exam board is OCR.

many thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

UMS-to-Raw.xlsThis should help you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Wondering, how important is the 4th AS

Mines in a fairly non respected subject (IT) with a mediocre grade of C

I just finished my AS, applying to uni with AABC
    I got a C in a fairly major subject, English Literature, and then again with Critical Thinking

Whether it affects your application or not depends on what Uni you go to (Manchester/Newcastle was a straight up rejection, whereas I got an Interview at Kings/Glasgow).

Then again, that could be due to the fact that my predicted grades weren't even up to the requirements.

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me? I got an E in my LTA1C exam, and it says I got 57/90 marks. however the grade boundary is 59/90 for an A!! what's going on?? it's getting remarked but where is the mistake here, in the marking or the boundaries??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie I am seriously depressed with my results...

Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Physics - B
    History - B

I also got 10 A*s at GCSE

I have been predicted AAA

Do you think I have a chance at going to Imperial, UCL, Oxford or Cambridge to do medicine? Or have my chances been ruined by my bad AS results??

ReputationRep:
    'unconditional offer (firmly accepted)' for chemical engineering with a year in industry on UCAS!

this means I'm in? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Got a lovely spectrum of AS grades: ABCD. The B was two marks off an A. Balls.
    Hope that makes some people on here feel slightly better about themselves, haha.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I just signed up here so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum or anything.
    I'm originally from outside the UK and came here for my Alevels and I just got my AS Results which are the following (I give the modules in brackets):
    Maths - A (A, A, A)
    Further Maths - A (A, A, C)
    Biology - A (A, A, A)
    Chemistry - A (A, A, A)
    English Literature - A (A, A)
    Business Studies - A (A, A)
    German - A* (A, A, A*, A*) (I took it in one year)
    Physics - B (A, A, B and 239/300 UMS!)

First of all, because I saw this here quite often, I really do not intend to brag or anything and I'm aware of the fact that I have good results; I'm sorry if somebody feels offended.
    But my question is: I want to apply for Medicine at Oxford, and of course its fiercely competitive, and I have loads of extracurricular stuff as well, competitions, etc. but I hear very often that getting the interview is ALL about the grades and they really look out for Bio, Chem, Maths and Physics. And know I have a B in Physics (by 1 UMS, I could kill right now ). I wrote a novel as a coauthor when I was 16, but will they actually bother about that if I apply for medicine ?
    I just really don't know if my chances are still good. Maybe some of you guys have some experience and can give me some clarity. I would be very thankful!
    Hope you all had great results!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.