Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Well if you already have Chrome, I think you can transfer bookmarks etc over. I'd be surprised if IE had Themes, that technology is too advanced for them :holmes:. I believe the whole point of a PC is in the name; personal computer, you should be able to customise as much as you can until it's perfect for you :3
    Spoiler:
    Show

I keep on changing my desktop's looks around, but here's what it looks like now :3
    I'd enable the "slide show desktop background" feature but it could cause my dying laptop to die faster ;(
    My background is still the bloody default one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    oh lord, I would never get a Chromebook. Although it's true the first thing most (cool) people do when they turn on their computer is open Google Chrome, you'll soon want to do something that a Chromebook can't do.
    Yeah, I guess that is what has always put me off. If I did buy one I'd probably keep my laptop and use my Chromebook primarily. I have a friend who went only owns a Chromebook and she seems to be happy, which surprised me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    My background is still the bloody default one
    http://wallbase.cc/toplist/0/12/eqeq/0x0/0/100/32/3m

ReputationRep:
    I now have chrome on my laptop, It was always there just not on the desktop so i just put it there

anyway going bed now, Night People :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I now have chrome on my laptop, It was always there just not on the desktop so i just put it there

anyway going bed now, Night People :cool:
    Night night boss :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Finally got a new one now thanks

ReputationRep:
    Finally got a new one now thanks
    I'm spoilt for choice haha :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I'm spoilt for choice haha :3
    This has encouraged me to clean out my computer. I'm deleting any **** I don't need.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sad as I've just found out that, I was 2 Marks away from A* in Biology and Physics. I only got 1A* in my GCSEs. Wow, so bloody close.

ReputationRep:
    This has encouraged me to clean out my computer. I'm deleting any **** I don't need.
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner is quite good for this :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner is quite good for this :3
    Just seen this now but I've already pretty much deleted everything I don't need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I'm so sad as I've just found out that, I was 2 Marks away from A* in Biology and Physics. I only got 1A* in my GCSEs. Wow, so bloody close.
    Could consider a remark with it being that close, but they're pretty expensive and the sciences usually have quite definitive answers. Still, could be worth a go

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this now but I've already pretty much deleted everything I don't need.
    It's a good piece of software to download anyway. Weekly clean-ups of temp files and internet history (at least) can improve overall computer speed, albeit perhaps to a small degree.

ReputationRep:
    I know we aren't near it yet.. but what is the maximum number of posts in a thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrybithell196)
    I know we aren't near it yet.. but what is the maximum number of posts in a thread?
    10k I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I was 3 marks of an A* in Physics and i was so depressed as well i worked hard to try and get a A*

ReputationRep:
    yeah its 10k , things should get a lot busier once school starts again though

ReputationRep:
    http://twitpic.com/d9vhnd

What the hell are those animals? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    www.whatrhymeswithhug.me

I probably found this funnier than it is and spent a good 10/15 minutes going through them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    http://twitpic.com/d9vhnd

What the hell are those animals? :lolwut:
    They've gotta be made up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.