Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I really like the idea that people should be allowed to support whoever they want without having to justify themselves as I think the argument for supporting your local team regardless of who they are doesn't really stand up to scrutiny, but the idea of supporting MK Dons still repulses me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I really like the idea that people should be allowed to support whoever they want without having to justify themselves as I think the argument for supporting your local team regardless of who they are doesn't really stand up to scrutiny, but the idea of supporting MK Dons still repulses me.
    Any decent fan should want their failure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love Franchise FC, they were probably my best ever FM save..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Do the MK fans feel no shame in supporting a club founded through stealing another?
    No, and I'm sure I've been through this before on here. I grew up in MK so it is my local club and I have been a season ticket holder since the start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    No, and I'm sure I've been through this before on here. I grew up in MK so it is my local club and I have been a season ticket holder since the start.
    There was no club in Milton Keynes beforehand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I grew up near MK. It's NOT a footballing city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Do they have any other sports clubs?

...(If MK wanted a football club so badly they could've just asked someone to take over their nearest club Bletchley Town, inject lots of money into it and rename it Milton Keynes F.C. once they were established enough)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    It's also a dump but that's by the by.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Do they have any other sports clubs?

...(If MK wanted a football club so badly they could've just asked someone to take over their nearest club Bletchley Town, inject lots of money into it and rename it Milton Keynes F.C. once they were established enough)
    From what I remember they did try this but it wasn't feasible to build a 30k stadium/retail hub for a regional league team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    From what I remember they did try this but it wasn't feasible to build a 30k stadium/retail hub for a regional league team.
    Then start small and gradually expand. Don't steal an established club from somewhere else. There is no defending them, they are a stain on British football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dammit Leeds stop taking our role as the craziest Championship club. Pozzos had better sack Jokanovic to get us our title back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Dammit Leeds stop taking our role as the craziest Championship club. Pozzos had better sack Jokanovic to get us our title back.
    Remember that Gianfranco Zola didn't have the smoothest start at your club.

(Not sure where this takes Leeds; Redfearn most likely keeps his job but if there's no owner at the club it could plunge into administration again)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Remember that Gianfranco Zola didn't have the smoothest start at your club.

(Not sure where this takes Leeds; Redfearn most likely keeps his job but if there's no owner at the club it could plunge into administration again)
    With Gianfranco a bad start was expected, having just had a load of international players coming in, we could see there was something there and it was a matter of time before everything clicked. Zola never lost 4 in a row until his run before he left, when he lost 5 in a row.

I don't really want us to sack Jokanovic for the benefit of the club, I want us to sack Jokanovic because it's hilarious hearing the media pretend they know anything about the club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yeah well they shouldn't have just bought out someone elses, buying their acheivements, place in the football league and FA Cup

AFC Wimbeldon, The Kings of League 2
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by LordPhylogeny)
    Yeah well they shouldn't have just bought out someone elses, buying their acheivements, place in the football league and FA Cup

AFC Wimbeldon, The Kings of League 2
    MK Dons did not take over Wimbledon's honours list.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still have more respect for an MK Dons fan that will go to games & support their local team than a plastic armchair fan.

Cellino won't leave Leeds
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    There was no club in Milton Keynes beforehand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Used to be Milton Keynes City but it went bust about 10 years ago, was a non league team.

about ten years ago, you say? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Used to be Milton Keynes City but it went bust about 10 years ago, was a non league team.
    Wonder why that was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wonder why that was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There was two actually, the first one went out of business in the mid 80s due to no investment and poor league positions. The second one was from the late 90s but in 2003 again it went out of business due to lack of money and interest, plus with the confusion over the old Wimbledon situation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.