Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Tennis Society IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is this going to tiebreak?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ermagerd. Bbc wasn't updating score and now realised that tsonga has taken the first set!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes roger lose the first set...come on roger do it...the french power serves very very well

ReputationRep:
    Tsonga 1 point away in this second set tiebreak!

Come on Fed! Take it to a decider!

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwwww federer! At least it wasn't a grand slam:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just **** off federer for losing another final. That's 5 final defeats this season. A waste of my ****ing time. I was supposed to go out with my family but choose to stay back home to watch this ****ing mug lose another final. I'm gonna stop watching federer live for a time being as it's way too stressful for me watching this idiot lose finals. I had pain in my heart when he lost today. It's too health damaging for me. I need to stop for a time being.

And to make matters worse, Venus Williams also lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Just **** off federer for losing another final. That's 5 final defeats this season. A waste of my ****ing time. I was supposed to go out with my family but choose to stay back home to watch this ****ing mug lose another final. I'm gonna stop watching federer live for a time being as it's way too stressful for me watching this idiot lose finals. I had pain in my heart when he lost today. It's too health damaging for me. I need to stop for a time being.

And to make matters worse, Venus Williams also lost.
    Relax, your getting as stressed as Ubi.

Think of the positive, no other player has reached 5 finals this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Relax, your getting as stressed as Ubi.

Think of the positive, no other player has reached 5 finals this season.
    Federer has reached 7 finals this season but lost 5 of them. Not good. 3 of those final defeats were after winning the 1st set and the other 2 were against Hewitt and Tsonga.

I was less stressful last season. At least he wasn't losing in the finals.

ReputationRep:
    Yet again Federer is so close but comes up short in a big final, feel for him as a Masters win would've been deserved and he wasn't up against Nadal or Djokovic but there's still big tournaments to come. Thrilled for Jo he's finally finding the form that made him a top player hopefully this is the start of a renaissance

ReputationRep:
    Federer has reached 7 finals this season but lost 5 of them. Not good. 3 of those final defeats were after winning the 1st set and the other 2 were against Hewitt and Tsonga.

at least he's playing better than last year, he wasn't even making finals then...tsonga deserved the title, taking out djokovic, murray and dimitrov. To be honest it would've been a shame for him not to clinch the title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMadClown)
    at least he's playing better than last year, he wasn't even making finals then...tsonga deserved the title, taking out djokovic, murray and dimitrov. To be honest it would've been a shame for him not to clinch the title
    I rather him lose before the finals. It's less painful.

ReputationRep:
    Poor Roger! He still has chances coming up within the next month or so.

ReputationRep:

Only with Federer can we complain at 7 finals with the hard court season to come.

ReputationRep:
    Credit to Tsonga for his incredible run to the final of Toronto, beating opponents such as djokovic, Murray, dimitrov. It just shows that most players in the top hundred have the ability to beat anyone (take kyrios an Rosol) yet it's simply the lack of consistency which forbids them to attain top 10 positions!
    My question to the society is, how much is this down to the mental outlook of players? Is mental strength purely the only criterion to stay in the top 10?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by momomomo123)
    Poor Roger! He still has chances coming up within the next month or so.
    yep, I'm sure he'll do well in the latter tournaments running up to the us open

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMadClown)
    yep, I'm sure he'll do well in the latter tournaments running up to the us open
    Do you think it's at all possible for him to become No 2 before the year is out?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's at all possible for him to become No 2 before the year is out?
    Not if he keeps losing these big finals.

ReputationRep:
    even if he doesn't, he said his main priority is to win matches not to regain no. 1 spot

ReputationRep:
    Not if he keeps losing these big finals.
    Finals give a lot of points. An SF here and in New York takes him well past 7000 points. Nadal in a worst case scenario of not entering would fall to 9000.

Its not odds on but its possible.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointing that Jo couldn't keep up his good form from Toronto, hope he turns up for the US Open

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.