The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J-SP
I disagree - it's pretty clear it's the date in question up until 23.59.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily - my deadline of 2nd February (GMT 00.00) has friends, family and a fair few people on this board offering different answers on whether that means today before midnight or tomorrow before midnight.
Reply 1921
Original post by waza_11
I'm not too sure, It was my first vid interview. Fingers crossed eh.. did you apply north? Or London?

yeh mine too, i applied to london, how about you?
Just sent Mishcon interview - worst thing I think I've ever done :s-smilie: has anyone heard from them post video interview and if so how long did they take to get back to you?
Original post by elmopsk
Just sent Mishcon interview - worst thing I think I've ever done :s-smilie: has anyone heard from them post video interview and if so how long did they take to get back to you?

I felt the same don't worry.. was tricky. I did mine on the 10th Jan and still haven't heard..
video interview for kwm! anyone who can share their experiences of theirs? :smile:
Original post by leumas9
I ran out of things to say and began waffling, uming and aring, and then repeating myself and generally just looked like an outright buffoon. Safe to say I've not been shortlisted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm about to do mine now, this is not going to go well!
Original post by darbythetinker
I'm about to do mine now, this is not going to go well!

Don't be disheartened. From my experience video interviews tend to go better than people think; be confident and enthusiastic, that's the key thing!
Original post by Chianti1
Don't be disheartened. From my experience video interviews tend to go better than people think; be confident and enthusiastic, that's the key thing!

Thanks! I come across very Gordon Browny when I try to be enthusiastic, but its better than being dour and nervous!
Original post by darbythetinker
Thanks! I come across very Gordon Browny when I try to be enthusiastic, but its better than being dour and nervous!

Hahahaha! this comment made my morning! All the best!
Reply 1929
Invite to IM video interview (applied Saturday). Has anyone been asked any commercial questions or is it just competency?

Also does everyone receive a video interview invite? I'm just wondering because I only submitted my application 2 days ago so seems pretty quick (:

good of luck to everyone with interviews :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cp778
Invite to IM video interview (applied Saturday). Has anyone been asked any commercial questions or is it just competency?:biggrin:

Hey I did mine yesterday, it was all competency questions. From my experiences they dont invite everyone to the video interviews, but they recruit on a rolling basis so that might explain their quick response!
Original post by TykeDragon
video interview for kwm! anyone who can share their experiences of theirs? :smile:

I just got a video interview for KWM too! Still hoping to get some examples of the questions they ask, since this seems to be a completely new stage of their application process. *=)
Reply 1932
Original post by LawStudent30
Hey I did mine yesterday, it was all competency questions. From my experiences they dont invite everyone to the video interviews, but they recruit on a rolling basis so that might explain their quick response!

Thanks (: were there many that threw you off? I did the telephone interview last year and remember it being all competency based but this is my first video interview. Any tips on video interviews?
Original post by Cp778
Thanks (: were there many that threw you off? I did the telephone interview last year and remember it being all competency based but this is my first video interview. Any tips on video interviews?

I can't comment on IM interview specifically, but general tips for video interview:

- make sure you're well lit
- look straight at the camera not at yourself - might be helpful to put your laptop (if thats what you're using) on a large book or box to make sure the camera is at eye level.
- have a glass of water handy (I had a coughing fit half way through mine!)
- keep an eye on the clock so you know how much time you have left - don't want to risk being cut off mid-way through an amazing answer.

Good luck!
Has anybody completed a telephone interview with Kennedys? Just wondering whether someone would mind indicating whether it is competency/commercially based questions?Thanks!
Any advice for a King Wood Mallesons video interview?
Original post by Cardiff194
Has anybody completed a telephone interview with Kennedys? Just wondering whether someone would mind indicating whether it is competency/commercially based questions?Thanks!

I had one last week, I'll PM you :smile:
Anyone done a Irwin Mitchell video interview and able to offer some advice? Willing to give detailed advice for a Mishcon video interview in exchange.

:redface:
Original post by DonnieCA
Anyone done a Irwin Mitchell video interview and able to offer some advice? Willing to give detailed advice for a Mishcon video interview in exchange.

:redface:

I have IM interview too! :smile: and wondering the same
CC offer! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending