Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from latham vac or freshfields TC? I applied near the early jan deadline for both....

ReputationRep:
    Any advice or knowledge on Olswang AC? The idea of a commercial awareness discussion makes me very nervous haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    If a firm recruits on a 'rolling' basis, does that mean that they will send rejections out as they read applications or do some wait until after the deadline?

I've applied to a couple of firms and haven't heard of any rejections yet only interviews for people who applied after me
    I'm kind of puzzled about this as well - I applied to Olswang quite a while ago, who I think review on a rolling basis, but I've not heard anything from them even though the deadline has passed - not a PFO nor a phone interview, nothing at all! I don't know whether to take this as an unsuccessful application or if it has yet to be reviewed, but I see people are being invited to ACs!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone went for Slaughter and May interview and has heard back from them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dublin1)
    Anyone heard back from latham vac or freshfields TC? I applied near the early jan deadline for both....
    I still haven't heard from Latham; I applied in early January. I applied for a Freshfields TC in late December and received an interview invite about a week ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leumas9)
    I'm kind of puzzled about this as well - I applied to Olswang quite a while ago, who I think review on a rolling basis, but I've not heard anything from them even though the deadline has passed - not a PFO nor a phone interview, nothing at all! I don't know whether to take this as an unsuccessful application or if it has yet to be reviewed, but I see people are being invited to ACs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm waiting to hear back from Olswang too (applied end of December)! I think someone on here mentioned that they review applications on a random basis not in order which is a bit odd - but they say we should hear by mid Feb.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If a firm recruits on a 'rolling' basis, does that mean that they will send rejections out as they read applications or do some wait until after the deadline?

I've applied to a couple of firms and haven't heard of any rejections yet only interviews for people who applied after me
    Could be both even for the same firm. They might reject some as they go, but put others on hold until they know how other applicants are getting on.

Most firms will reject as they go though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chianti1)
    I still haven't heard from Latham; I applied in early January. I applied for a Freshfields TC in late December and received an interview invite about a week ago
    are you non-law? hopefully i'll hear from Freshfields soon - I guess applying on the 5th wasn't such a great idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Could be both even for the same firm. They might reject some as they go, but put others on hold until they know how other applicants are getting on.

Most firms will reject as they go though.
    Thank you for the response

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have advice for Simmons & Simmons AC?

ReputationRep:

Most will reject after they've considered them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zenstars)
    Anyone went for Slaughter and May interview and has heard back from them?
    Not yet, had my interview on Wednesday. When was yours? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an AC at Olswang? Any advice would be appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dublin1)
    are you non-law? hopefully i'll hear from Freshfields soon - I guess applying on the 5th wasn't such a great idea!
    Yes, I'm non-law. Hopefully you'll hear in a few days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narusku)
    Most will reject after they've considered them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Has anyone done an Addleshaws phone interview? Is it just competency based?

Also, how long does it take to head back from simmons post-watson?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do we automatically get sent the link for the situation judgement test by Wragge LG after you submit the application?

ReputationRep:
    How many's everyone done in the end? I've called it a day at seven, hope Ive given myself enough of a chance! Theres always firms with March deadlines.

ReputationRep:
    Skadden PFO at last

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Skadden PFO at last
    Snap :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.