The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

as oppossed to the palestinian 'police' that have allowed hamas to fire hundreds of rockets at civilians without one single arrest?
Original post by Chindits
So 'palestinians' are firing rockets because of the West Bank whilst the West Bank are sipping skinny-lattes? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I don't understand that comment. It clearly states that internationally the Israeli development is illegal. And has the number of settlers on Palestinian land. I don't know why you find the injustice and oppression of Palestinians so funny. I truly your emoticons insulting now, forget about how insulting it is to me, I don't care about that, but I do care about trivialising the death of 100s of innocent people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prince Dunlop
I don't understand that comment. It clearly states that internationally the Israeli development is illegal. And has the number of settlers on Palestinian land. I don't know why you find the injustice and oppression of Palestinians so funny. I truly your emoticons insulting now, forget about how insulting it is to me, I don't care about that, but I do care about trivialising the death of 100s of innocent people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, this is about Gaza and you're talking about settlements.

Given that there aren't any settlements in Gaza, I assumed you were talking about the West Bank

Do you even know what you're talking about?
Well, this is about Gaza and you're talking about settlements.

Given that there aren't any settlements in Gaza, I assumed you were talking about the West Bank

Do you even know what you're talking about?

No I don't, I'm just ranting and making stuff up like his guy called 'Chindits' or some weird name like that. I prefer to be ignorant to, oh I don't know, facts like Israelis pushing out Palestinians with armed guards and replacing them with Jewish families. But it's cool because I can sit here and make ridiculing comments essentially condoning the deaths of innocent people. Considering I support Israel I should support the Nazis given that they are both oppressive regimes looking for lebensraum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL did OP just suggest the BBC have been pro-palestine?

Given they give almost the same airtime to 300+ deaths as they do to 1 and still call what is happening over there "fighting" I'm going to say its definitely not pro-palestine.

Personally I think each and every life has equal value and am as hurt to see 1 innocent israeli die as I am to see 1 innocent palestinian die.

The word fighting suggests its an equally strong attack from both sides while the reality is its more like mike tyson taking on a 12 year old girl.
Original post by miavdbt
No, you can't deliberately hurt civilians under International Law, however you can target such things as factories producing arms, homes used as military shelters and anyone who is by any means associated with combat and military. The lines become blurred when civilians pick up arms, and then leave them again.

I don't have my International Law textbook, otherwise I could have made this a lot clearer.

Either way, Israel is not targeting civilians, all of its targets are involved with Hamas, if civilians happen to die in those, then I believe that does not count as deliberately targeting civilians, because their target was the military shelter (for example), not whatever civilians happened to stand there.

lol Israel not targeting civillians? over 600 of them dead,
(edited 9 years ago)
what's an accurate, unbiased media network to follow the gaza-israel conflict?
Original post by presidential_
what's an accurate, unbiased media network to follow the gaza-israel conflict?

RT :P

To be honest there is no such thing as a biased media network. The best thing you can do is find a balance. Most of the media is owned by Zionist Jews so you are going to see all the anti-palestine, pro Israel propaganda in mainstream publications, which is fine as long as you are following RT. RT are impeccable at scrutinizing America and it's allies (Israel), the pull no punches and expose where others, even the BBC & Guardian are afraid to go.
Original post by Truths
RT :P

To be honest there is no such thing as a biased media network. The best thing you can do is find a balance. Most of the media is owned by Zionist Jews so you are going to see all the anti-palestine, pro Israel propaganda in mainstream publications, which is fine as long as you are following RT. RT are impeccable at scrutinizing America and it's allies (Israel), the pull no punches and expose where others, even the BBC & Guardian are afraid to go.

thanks :smile:. yes, I've come across RT's youtube channel and i was surprised to how much other mainstream media channels left out.
this is disgusting, how can any sane human support Israel's crimes

Gaza: is this a war on children?

http://bcove.me/f4yevgyw
I'm glad that the U.N Human Rights Council has decided to launch an independent inquiry into the Israeli offensive on Gaza. Now we need to establish a comprehensive arms embargo over Israel, Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups.
(edited 9 years ago)
[h="2"]'Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal says there can be no ceasefire unless Israel ends its eight-year blockade of the Gaza Strip.'[/h]http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/07/hamas-rejects-gaza-truce-unless-blockade-lift-2014723225048114622.html

all hamas wants is for its people not to live in a prison
[h="1"]Gabor Maté, himself a survivor of the Nazi holocaust, speaks out about Gaza:[/h]
In Israel-Palestine the powerful party has succeeded in painting itself as the victim, while the ones being killed and maimed become the perpetrators. “They don’t care about life,” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says, abetted by the Obamas and Harpers of this world, “we do.” Netanyahu, you who with surgical precision slaughter innocents, the young and the old, you who have cruelly blockaded Gaza for years, starving it of necessities, you who deprive Palestinians of more and more of their land, their water, their crops, their trees—you care about life?

The Palestinians use tunnels? So did my heroes, the poorly armed fighters of the Warsaw Ghetto.

An excellent man. I am grateful to him for existing and speaking out.
[h="1"]Israeli agency bans radio clip naming children killed in Gaza[/h][h="2"]Calling material 'politically controversial,' Israel Broadcasting Authority refuses to run item by B’Tselem human rights group.[/h]
B’Tselem wrote in its appeal that since the news programs don’t broadcast the names of the Palestinian fatalities contrary to the IBA’s own rules the organization offered to pay to air its clips.B’Tselem asked what was controversial about the item. “Is it controversial that the children [aren’t] alive? That they’re children? That those are their names? These are facts that we wish to bring to the public’s knowledge.”
“So far more than 600 people have been killed in bombings in Gaza, more than 150 of them children. But apart from a brief report on the number of fatalities, the Israeli media refrains from covering them,” B’Tselem said yesterday.
“IBA says broadcasting the children’s names is politically controversial,” B’Tselem said. “But refusing to do so is in itself a far reaching statement it says the huge price being paid by civilians in Gaza, many of them children, must be censored.”

They want to keep the Israeli public ignorant of the atrocities being committed in its name.
HRW report found that the killing of the boys playing on the beach was unlawful as there were no military targets in the vicinity.

Israeli ambassador to the US says about this report:
What Human Rights Watch is doing is some sort of kangaroo court, where they'll go later and find the facts," he said. "Wait until all the facts are in, and you'll see: We do not target civilians. It is not the policy of Israel."

He also affirmed the oft-parroted 'human shields' accusation against Hamas, although, typically, he declined to provide any evidence for his claim, or promise any in the future.
What this Zionist fanatic (incredibly still holding his position) also said:
“Israel should [not] be judged by a standard of perfection,”
“99 percent of the time we get it right,”
(edited 9 years ago)
Israel would rather believe an Israeli soldier to be dead rather than face the fact that he could possibly be alive, in which case they would have to negotiate terms with Hamas.

Hamas confirms that the man is alive and senior Hamas figure Mushir al-Masri has said that
Israel will have to compensate the Palestinians "for every piece of information about the soldier's fate."
Several journalists from around the world reported seeing rockets fired from civilian areas in Gaza in recent days, and received threatening tweets in return accusing them of “informing” the IDF.

On Wednesday, Peter Stefanovic of Australia’s Channel Nine News tweeted: “Hamas rockets just launched over our hotel from a site about two hundred metres away. So a missile launch site is basically next door.”

Another account, @longitude0 wrote: “You are a cretin. Are you working for the IDF” and “in WWII spies got shot.”

Financial Times Jerusalem Bureau Chief John Reed reported seeing “two rockets fired toward Israel from near al-Shifa hospital, even as more bombing victims were brought in.”

Shifa, in Gaza City, is the main medical facility in the Strip.

In response, @Saritah_91 tweeted: “We’ll hold you responsible if Israel uses your tweet to bomb the hospital & then justify it.”

Another twitter user, @ Faysal_FreeGaza, said he’s “subtly justifying and encouraging IDF attacks on hospitals,” and @Maysara_ ara wrote: “Get out of Gaza u informant.”

By Wednesday, the tweet was deleted, but pro-Palestinian Twitter accounts continued to include him on lists of “journos in Gaza [who] lie/fabricate info for Israel” and “must be sued for crimes.”

On Sunday, Janis Mackey Frayer, a correspondent for Canada’s CTV, tweeted that, while in Gaza City’s Shejaiya’s neighborhood, she “saw several Hamas gunmen.

One passed dressed in a woman’s headscarf... tip of a gun poked out from under cloak.”

She received threats similar to those sent to other reporters.

Harry Fear, a journalist from the UK reporting from Gaza for RT (formerly Russia Today) television, tweeted last week: “Early morning Gaza rockets were fired into Israel. A well-known site in W. Gaza City, near my hotel, was among the origins, confirm locals.

Fear then took on the critics, tweeting soon after that he rejects “loaded complaints that I ‘informed’ Israel about the specifics of Gaza military sites... These sites are well-known among locals and internationals here.”

“Should a journalist only report the noise and ferocity of Israel’s attacks & not the sounds of Gaza’s rockets? Both terrify people,” he tweeted.

Later that day, Fear tweeted: “Al-Wafa hospital has been hit in the last while; injuries reported this is the hospital with human shields.”

They really don't want the truth to come out, eh? and this is the problem with journalism from Gaza. The journalists know that if they're too critical of Hamas, they may not make it out of Gaza alive.
3 civilian have died in the past 2 weeks.

So in other words, during the time when there has been full-scale fighting going on, not in the 'years of rocket attacks' leading up to it that you initially complained about in the OP.

Hundreds of thousands live in bomb shelters because of these rockets.

Which makes them sound more like an annoyance than a threat.

BBC bigotry against the state of Israel is well known

'Well known' by who? Whatever people you happen to agree with?
Original post by Oswald Cobblepot
Chindits you make me sick but you're a typical Jew always find a way to make yourselves the victim even when you commit genocide.

Lol, 'typical Jew'.

The undertone of anti-Semitism amongst the anti-Israeli movement is sickening.

Latest

Trending

Trending