Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Manchester confirmed my place this morning so I'll be studying Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American studies in September, mega excited! May be a really stupid question but I can't we to find out when freshers week is hahahha, anyone know? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You know you're excited when you get your words all muddled too... Hahaha sorry and somehow can't delete this smiley face but I'm happy so it's cool I guess hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemima McNally)
    Manchester confirmed my place this morning so I'll be studying Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American studies in September, mega excited! May be a really stupid question but I can't we to find out when freshers week is hahahha, anyone know? Thanks
    Freshers' Week (or 'Welcome Week' as Manchester calls it) starts on the 15th of September. You can find more information on it here: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    Freshers' Week (or 'Welcome Week' as Manchester calls it) starts on the 15th of September. You can find more information on it here: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    International management!

ReputationRep:
    I want to switch to that course from business studies.... what grade did you get in it?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone studying a Physics course next year? Inbox me!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm doing Biology with a foundation year (because my grades were lower than the entry requirements, but I really wanted to go to Manchester!)

I'm a bit worried now because I've seen my course starts on the 15th September but isn't that also when welcome weeks/freshers week starts?

Is that just the day I arrive? Or am I going to be plunged into Uni work when everyone is out clubbing? Haha

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datguyjay)
    I want to switch to that course from business studies.... what grade did you get in it?
    The offer was A* A A but you may be able to get in through clearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuartdavid95)
    Hi guys I'm doing Biology with a foundation year (because my grades were lower than the entry requirements, but I really wanted to go to Manchester!)

I'm a bit worried now because I've seen my course starts on the 15th September but isn't that also when welcome weeks/freshers week starts?

Is that just the day I arrive? Or am I going to be plunged into Uni work when everyone is out clubbing? Haha

Thanks
    Courses don't start until the the 22nd (the following Monday).

You might still have induction type stuff that you have to attend though.

ReputationRep:

Thanks, that's answered my question too as I was starting to wonder.

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly, I managed to pull A*A*B out of the bag so I will be joining you all in September to study Biology! I'm so excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Congratulations all of you! :woo::party::woo:

Accommodation offers will come in over the next few days :yep:
    Thank you!
    When can we move into accommodation or does it depend on which hall we get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlodobaggins)
    Thank you!
    When can we move into accommodation or does it depend on which hall we get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can move in between Thurs 11th and Sun 14th September, regardless of which hall you're in :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datguyjay)
    Give them a ring and ask if you're sure you want to switch - you may be pleasantly surprised, but the worst they can say is no, in which case you'll still keep your business studies offer.

(Original post by ec2013)
    Surprisingly, I managed to pull A*A*B out of the bag so I will be joining you all in September to study Biology! I'm so excited
    Congratulations! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Any Biomedical Science people out there
    Just ordering my lab coat its all so real now :O

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused about the date Fresher's week actually starts... can anybody tell me? Like, I'm confused. Is it the 15th? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question.

Oh, I had my place confirmed for Religions and Theology at Manchester today. So happy.

ReputationRep:

Ah brilliant! Thank you :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordScumbag)
    I'm a bit confused about the date Fresher's week actually starts... can anybody tell me? Like, I'm confused. Is it the 15th? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question.

Oh, I had my place confirmed for Religions and Theology at Manchester today. So happy.
    Yes, it's the 15th.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's the 15th.
    Unfortunately I lack the capacity to read up the thread, haha. Thanks for clarifying a second time for my silly head.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.