Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Pick two from Costa/Aguero/Sturridge/Rooney/Falcao.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    I got welbeck-Sturridge-Costa

Main men for arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea

Although if Balotelli hits the ground running and Sturridge doesn't improve much, maybe swap him in?
    Would be a big gamble though...
    And in terms of 1 cheaper strike who would you recommend? Naismith, Berahimo, Ulloa, Bojan, Weimann etc etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dylantombides)
    And in terms of 1 cheaper strike who would you recommend? Naismith, Berahimo, Ulloa, Bojan, Weimann etc etc?
    Naismith is in great form and has always been fantastic value imo. But he definitely has the most competition in Lukaku and Eto'o.

I swapped Bojan out because he was doing awfully.

I'd go for Ulloa - who has looked good - or Naismith.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If you can afford Welbeck, get him. Think he'll be a very good signing for Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Think I'll wait to see how LVG plays Falcao tbh

also what do you guys think of Niko Kranjcar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If you can afford Welbeck, get him. Think he'll be a very good signing for Arsenal.
    Really? The guy can't shoot to save his life and doesn't score many. For a striker I don't think he poses much of a goal threat which is ultimately what you need for fantasy football (doesn't matter about his work rate etc)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Really? The guy can't shoot to save his life and doesn't score many. For a striker I don't think he poses much of a goal threat which is ultimately what you need for fantasy football (doesn't matter about his work rate etc)
    He does need to work on his finishing but his record when he's actually played up top is pretty good, to be fair. Did a good job for us when RVP was out around xmas/new year last year, then dithering Moyes dropped him :rolleyes: I'm probably a tad biased but if Wenger can make him more clinical, he's an absolute bargain.

ReputationRep:
    ulloa for me.

naismith would be the second choice but he may be overshadowed by lukaku/eto'o
    ulloa is the main man for leicester and he's looked really good so far.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I've got Naismith at the moment, looks like Roberto is going to use Eto'o as an impact sub so he should be starting and at the moment he's scoring

Berahino would be my second choice off that list and Ulloa is decent too - don't think Weimann will score enough and Bojan isn't getting enough points, I sold him after two weeks

ReputationRep:
    So much wrong here. Welbeck's hit rate (1:2.2) is excellent when playing as a CF, and ok when playing as a winger (1:7 I think)

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think the pecking order for penalties at United will be with say all three of Falcao, RVP and Rooney happening to be on the pitch? It was RVP ahead of Rooney last season wasn't it?

Just pondering Falcao as a choice really. He doesn't really assist at all and 15 of his 61 goals from the last three season's worth of league games were penalties...

ReputationRep:
    Going by statistics, Aguero is the best choice. Averaging a goal every 113 minutes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    What does everyone think the pecking order for penalties at United will be with say all three of Falcao, RVP and Rooney happening to be on the pitch? It was RVP ahead of Rooney last season wasn't it?
    Yeh it was, but the two were rarely on the pitch together at the same time. I suspect it'll be:

Penalties - Falcao/RVP
    Free kicks - Rooney
    Corners - Mata

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Pick two from Costa/Aguero/Sturridge/Rooney/Falcao.
    Aguero and Costa

Also buy Di maria/Mata.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yeh it was, but the two were rarely on the pitch together at the same time. I suspect it'll be:

Penalties - Falcao/RVP
    Free kicks - Rooney
    Corners - Mata
    Ergh. If this is how it works out that makes all three strikers somewhat unappealing

ReputationRep:
    If Di Marias performance today is anything to go by then he's a must have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    If Di Marias performance today is anything to go by then he's a must have
    Yep might get him in for mata now or do I go Sterling instead :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Penalties - Falcao/RVP
    Free kicks - Rooney
    Corners - Mata

Mata will be lucky to be on the pitch, never mind taking set pieces
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    Mata will be lucky to be on the pitch, never mind taking set pieces
    It really depends on what Van Gaal does with our formation. 3-5-2? He's not getting in the team. 4-3-3? Diamond? 4-2-3-1? He'll probably start. In terms of FPL I would avoid him like the plague at the moment, his value is dropping too.

I want Di Maria but it's hard to justify dropping any of Rambo, Fab, Siggy & Sterling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Yep might get him in for mata now or do I go Sterling instead :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going to wait till fter GW4. Once i know how the new transfers are being played I'm WCing

ReputationRep:
    Bleh I think I'm going to have to wildcard early this year too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.