Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetlemon)
    Ok I have my interview on wednesday and I am panicking SO MUCH.

Any ideas on hoe to calm down..? And do they ask you questions regarding your sort of knowledge of biology?? And did anyone get quizzed on recent medical related articles rather than given a scenario and asked to elaborate on their opinion?

Sorry to sound repetitive and thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The easiest interview you will have, with expected questions.

I reckon people who get rejected after interview are those who just bottle the interview. If you have any confidence, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Barny)
    No stop worrying! My interview was really nice, no science questions or anything and they are trying to see if you are a well rounded person so just be natural and I'm sure you'll be fine, its only about ten muinetes long so they dont really have time for much more. Also they pretty much list the questions they will ask on their website so make sure you have an example of how you have worked well in a team and cope with stress etc..

A list? I tried looking and I couldn't find it ! Could be a doll a send me the link )))))) thank you, I really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diseasedneckbeard)
    The easiest interview you will have, with expected questions.

I reckon people who get rejected after interview are those who just bottle the interview. If you have any confidence, you'll be fine.
    I had a mock interview with my tutor and the questions were pretty tough! Hence the nerves

ReputationRep:
    A list? I tried looking and I couldn't find it ! Could be a doll a send me the link )))))) thank you, I really appreciate it!
    http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/c...cine/medicine/

Click in entry requirements and then scroll right down and you'll find:

The interview is not intended to be an intimidating experience and staff will try to put candidates at ease while evaluating the following:

Motivation and realistic approach to medicine as a career
    Capacity to deal with stressful situations
    Evidence of working as both a leader and a team member
    Ability to multitask
    Likely contribution to university life
    Communication skills and maturity of character

ReputationRep:
    I had a mock interview with my tutor and the questions were pretty tough! Hence the nerves
    I was referring specifically to Imperial, where ~66% interviewees get offers.

Don't overthink it in the interview. Giving a decent spontaneous answer is better than struggling to regurgitate a trained answer and you don't have to give amazing 10/10 answers which demonstrate 100s of skills to get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diseasedneckbeard)
    I was referring specifically to Imperial, where ~66% interviewees get offers.

Don't overthink it in the interview. Giving a decent spontaneous answer is better than struggling to regurgitate a trained answer and you don't have to give amazing 10/10 answers which demonstrate 100s of skills to get an offer.
    I'll keep that in mind!

ReputationRep:
    To the girls who were interviewed: what did you wear?
    I'm aware that the dress code is 'casual' without anything being too extreme, but still...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranku369)
    To the girls who were interviewed: what did you wear?
    I'm aware that the dress code is 'casual' without anything being too extreme, but still...
    I wore a grey suit (skirt and blazer) with a blue striped blouse. When I saw the other girls most of them were wearing black suits with trousers. I think that's what imperial expect. Also if your hair is long and curly tie it back (might be obvious). 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissMedical)
    I wore a grey suit (skirt and blazer) with a blue striped blouse. When I saw the other girls most of them were wearing black suits with trousers. I think that's what imperial expect. Also if your hair is long and curly tie it back (might be obvious). ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranku369)
    thank you!
    Good luck to your interview!

ReputationRep:
    Nerves kickin in for the interview on 3rd of March, even though it is my third interview lol. Guess i just gotta keep calm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCMed96)
    Good luck to your interview!
    Thank you !! ^^

ReputationRep:
    Have people who were interviewed on the 11th still not heard back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminhmi)
    Have people who were interviewed on the 11th still not heard back?
    Not yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futuremedic2096)
    Look on the virtual tours it's easier and much cheaper
    there is no medicine offer holders day
    there is also no point in setting your heart on a place you're unlikely to get it from what I've heard
    Yeah I've heard the same! Where can you find the virtual tours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krazhy)
    22:31......😂
    ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apart from passport & driving license, what else do we need to take to the interview??
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by kayy_ox)
    Apart from passport & driving license, what else do we need to take to the interview?? ������
    You only need one form of identification, don't need anything else. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashagupta)
    Yeah I've heard the same! Where can you find the virtual tours?
    http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/accommoda...southsidehalls
    Then click on individual halls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    You only need one form of identification, don't need anything else. :yy:
    Thank you ^.^

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.