Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Hey Long time no see, how you been?
    Up, down, round again!

Last year was absolutely awful, my Dad's parents died within a month of each other, and my long term relationship ended. I've been working in recruitment since last March (formally, was working with them a little earlier than that) for the NHS and whilst I enjoy it I am now thoroughly bored of office life. Hoping to go back to uni next year to study OT

Spoiler:
    Show
    Health wise I've not SH'd since May :yy: but I feel like that's all a matter of time and I'm on a knife edge tbh. Half of me is shouting "**** YOU!" at it all and the other half is just treading water. I'll survive though, I always do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    parents aren't coming to see me this weekend after all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: hope you're ok , can they come some other time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    :hugs: hope you're ok , can they come some other time?
    thanks :hugs: im okay, just kinda disappointed especially considering ive went out my way to change shifts at work so Id be able to spend more time with them when the got here. now they're not coming but ive still got to do the 7am shift now ive signed up for it, which means I can't go out for a friend's birthday the night before

and I had my septum jewellery bent so I could hide it from them so now it doesn't look as nice

they're going to come up during the Easter break when ive got the week off uni instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I will instruct your knee to deter you, without being too painful :sadnod:

-----
    Not sure as going for a walk was a good idea
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's all a bit of a catch 22 situation I'll work it out :yep:

You alright? Hope you're safe :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Oh no, well, I guess laughter can sometimes be better than crying? How are things for you now? :hugs:

Yeah, mine aren't set in stone either. I've also been told I have a "not formally diagnosed eating disorder" too but that wasn't even on the letter so. :dontknow: Hope you're ok!

-----------

I keep randomly bursting into tears and I don't know how to cope with it.
    I forgot to reply earlier been super busy :sadpanda:
    Even though id kinda been told i had paranoia and depression i guess it was scary seeing it in black and white cos it made it real. Same with my physical illness.

Though what got me more was seeing my sexual abuse and flashbacks and stuff being ignored on paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Attachment 367763

achievement today has been making 2 wonky and poorly made mice :/ I feel sorry for them having to be so badly made

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mean it when you say you feel sorry for them? It's just that I have this weird thing where I can't throw away stuffed animals because I think they have feelings :') and I have never found anyone who had thoughts even remotely similar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you mean it when you say you feel sorry for them? It's just that I have this weird thing where I can't throw away stuffed animals because I think they have feelings :') and I have never found anyone who had thoughts even remotely similar!
    yeah I have a real problem with that, I'm so bad for attaching emotions to inanimate objects, especially if it's a soft toy or something with a face :sadnod: means I find it hard to throw things out and end up hoarding stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah I have a real problem with that, I'm so bad for attaching emotions to inanimate objects, especially if it's a soft toy or something with a face :sadnod: means I find it hard to throw things out and end up hoarding stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They look adorable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feeling really crap all of a sudden and kinda want to just cry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah could really do with some sleep.
    Sure she doesn't hate you :no: And you definitely deserve help!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You do want to recover, you really do :console:
    ED stuff
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Feel like I don't deserve to recover because obviously my ED hasn't been acknowledged as an issue. Brain says it's because I'm not underweight enough. Don't know how to recover on my own when I've been doing this since I was 10 years old.

(Original post by PandaWho)
    I forgot to reply earlier been super busy :sadpanda:
    Even though id kinda been told i had paranoia and depression i guess it was scary seeing it in black and white cos it made it real. Same with my physical illness.

Though what got me more was seeing my sexual abuse and flashbacks and stuff being ignored on paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, exactly, I mean even though mine aren't official diagnoses, it's still scary to see it written down on paper. I am sort of in denial about my EDS too, so I get you there. Just kind of upset they don't know/care about what's wrong with me eating disorder wise, but I can't cope with it anymore. It's just too hard.

I'm so, so sorry they ignored those major aspects! That's awful, do they still ignore it?? :hugs:

--------------

I know I've done so terribly at the test I had this morning, literally feel like there's no point in doing anything as I am a failure. Can't stop overthinking about the questions and the answers I put down and now my grade is going to be terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Feeling really crap all of a sudden and kinda want to just cry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have no idea what the shortcuts are but just imagine this whole sentence replaced with the hugging emoji
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    ED stuff
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Feel like I don't deserve to recover because obviously my ED hasn't been acknowledged as an issue. Brain says it's because I'm not underweight enough. Don't know how to recover on my own when I've been doing this since I was 10 years old.

Yeah, exactly, I mean even though mine aren't official diagnoses, it's still scary to see it written down on paper. I am sort of in denial about my EDS too, so I get you there. Just kind of upset they don't know/care about what's wrong with me eating disorder wise, but I can't cope with it anymore. It's just too hard.

I'm so, so sorry they ignored those major aspects! That's awful, do they still ignore it?? :hugs:

--------------

I know I've done so terribly at the test I had this morning, literally feel like there's no point in doing anything as I am a failure. Can't stop overthinking about the questions and the answers I put down and now my grade is going to be terrible.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They may not know exactl what it is yet or waiting until they've seen you a bit more? I don't know, hope you're ok :hugs:

(Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's all a bit of a catch 22 situation I'll work it out :yep:

You alright? Hope you're safe :hugs:
    :hugs:
    I think so, I don't think I'd do anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They may not know exactl what it is yet or waiting until they've seen you a bit more? I don't know, hope you're ok :hugs:

:hugs:
    I think so, I don't think I'd do anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're right, ED brain just doesn't see it like that I guess. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, for sure, they seem to be very dismissive of you. I'm so sorry you went through that. :hugs: It's good you realise and you keep yourself safe now though. That's definitely a step in the right direction. Are your doctors better now? (I'm sorry if I offended you or anything, I probably shouldn't be allowed to interact with people right now )
    Things are mostly better now, to the extent that I don't really bother with doctors any more. And no, you didn't offend me in the slightest. :hugs:

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Hi again all you beautiful people *hugs* :hugs:
    :jumphug: KMN!!! How's it going? I saw you're planning on studying OT - me too. :five: Which universities you looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Things are mostly better now, to the extent that I don't really bother with doctors any more. And no, you didn't offend me in the slightest. :hugs:

:jumphug: KMN!!! How's it going? I saw you're planning on studying OT - me too. :five: Which universities you looking at?
    As I went 6 hours drive from home last time this time round I'm picking based on where I would want to stay afterwards, and for me that's no more than 1.5 hours - maybe 2 hours - drive from Bucks. So hot contenders atm are Coventry (my local hospital takes Coventry students on placement so :yy:), Southampton, Worcester, maaaaybe Sheffield as my cousin lives up there and loves it, possibly Oxford Brookes (too close to home really, but they do placements in my Nan's town... so maybe). Yourself? Super excited for my work shadowing in two weeks, I just can't wait
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Anyone know any good tablets or anything to take for travel sickness? Sea sickness in particular? I was sea sick on the boat in Iceland but put that down to rough sea conditions and then I got sea sick and had awful vertigo on the tall ship in Glasgow...a boat that doesn't even move lol. So I'm kinda dreading the ferry to France next week. Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Anyone know any good tablets or anything to take for travel sickness? Sea sickness in particular? I was sea sick on the boat in Iceland but put that down to rough sea conditions and then I got sea sick and had awful vertigo on the tall ship in Glasgow...a boat that doesn't even move lol. So I'm kinda dreading the ferry to France next week. Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can buy bands that you put on your wrist that work on acupressure points. They have quite positive reviews from people I know who've tried them.

It is also better if you can stand on the deck of the boat and see where you're going rather than be inside and just bobbing about.

ReputationRep:
    thanks :hugs: im always so hyper critical of things I do/make, they look nowhere near as nice as ones I have the Wolfie made :/
    that's okay, I think many of us are, especially when you have MH issues! they look awesome in their own right imo so don't worry too much if they don't look like other peoples ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kwells?

ReputationRep:
    The weird acid trip dreams and sleep paralysis/out of body stuff is coming back :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.