Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did tectonics 25, world cities 25, d&g 40. I think tectonics and world cities were alright (as long as London docklands counts as a city 'centre' regeneration lol). The 40 marker I felt like I had loads of knowledge and case study info, but I was vague and didn't have any TLAG or flair, plus my conclusion was awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Idk tbh, it depends how other people found the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're usually 65/66, I doubt they'll go up by 6 marks tbh. Quite a mixed reaction on here so maybe they'll stay around the normal level.
    Last year it was 65 and that was a really nice paper. Probably won't be too much higher than that.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the world cities 10 marker, it was kinda like 'what is it asking me to do?'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was literally evaluate the means was it? Was a very vague question,yeah..

Hot spots and intrusive features were unexpected, I'm glad I read over them now lol.

The urban decline one threw me off a little bit as I feel I may have spoken a bit about counter urbanisation.. dunno, positive feelings though!

Hope you found it ok though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulus1)
    They're usually 65/66, I doubt they'll go up by 6 marks tbh. Quite a mixed reaction on here so maybe they'll stay around the normal level.
    Last year it was 65 and that was a really nice paper. Probably won't be too much higher than that.
    I royally messed up my world cities 10 marker tbh, expecting like 5/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Overall...
    40 marker on tectonics was shite, my volcano case studies were weak. Think I've got 30/40.
    25 mark ecosystems section - very nice, think I've got 23/25
    25 mark world cities - nice 7 and 8 marker, 10 marker worded weirdly. I'm thinking maybe 19/25.

I'm guessing I've got 72ish. Could definitely have been better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mate i would honestly consider sucking a di*k to get 30/40. Knew sweet f**k all, 25markers were sweet, hope for a C

ReputationRep:
    Overall...
    40 marker on tectonics was shite, my volcano case studies were weak. Think I've got 30/40.
    25 mark ecosystems section - very nice, think I've got 23/25
    25 mark world cities - nice 7 and 8 marker, 10 marker worded weirdly. I'm thinking maybe 19/25.

I'm guessing I've got 72ish. Could definitely have been better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol you're funny

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the world cities 10 marker, it was kinda like 'what is it asking me to do?'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was city centres, right? E.g. Manchester city centre?
    Lots of people did London Docklands property-led redevelopment, which I think was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the weather and climate 40 marker title was ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pterofyre)
    Was literally evaluate the means was it? Was a very vague question,yeah..

Hot spots and intrusive features were unexpected, I'm glad I read over them now lol.

The urban decline one threw me off a little bit as I feel I may have spoken a bit about counter urbanisation.. dunno, positive feelings though!

Hope you found it ok though
    Urban decline I basically talked about cumulative causation (industrial decline, increased unemployment, decline of services, decline of environment, inner city decline) and used Detroit in Michigan as an example. I think I did well on that question.

For the 10 marker I mentioned city centre of Manchester and arndale centre, but I'm only expecting 5/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odjack)
    Lots of people did London Docklands property-led redevelopment, which I think was wrong.
    I did Manchester city centre with arndale so I hope so! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odjack)
    I spoke about park hill in Sheffield.. it's the only thing that came to mind

I hope that was correct..

ReputationRep:
    When it spoke about understanding, I tried to be synoptic and mentioned how many countries that feel the full force of volcanoes are LEDCs and it is because of their lack of education and understanding that they don't put in place technology nor can they afford it, I ask said this was evident in the Montserrat soufriere hills volcano where 19 people were killed in 1997 after re-entering a no go zone, and being subject to pyroclastic flows, this therefore shows that they had a lack of understanding to which the extent of danger from the volcano, I also used the disaster risk equation as I fee this can be applied to all essays, saying risk is equal to hazard X vulnerability over capacity to cope, and vulnerability comes in form of education and capacity to cope is the technology that is put in place, I also spoke about hazards that sometimes can be so large in scale technology has not developed enough to mitigate the effects such as Eyjaffjallajickul or whatever it is

ReputationRep:
    I royally messed up my world cities 10 marker tbh, expecting like 5/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't do it, but I'm not sure about my 10 markers either because I'd got my timing wrong, I had to rush them and I didn't have time to actually think about it just kind of wrote everything I thought of without much structure lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desmoulins)
    Anyone for weather & climate essay? I did it, wasn't a great fan of the question but no way was I doing plate tectonics. Wasn't really sure what it was asking for; I talked about evidence for climate change, the fact that humans contribute to it, then international and national-level responses..? I need an a* in something and I might've just blown it for geography lol
    I did the weather essay. Thought it was okay but in the end I disagreed with the statement ? Talked about evidence for climate change, then talked about how it's climate will always change and how to some extent it's not irreversible. Then talked about responses to it. i thought it was strangely worded tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pterofyre)
    I spoke about park hill in Sheffield.. it's the only thing that came to mind

I hope that was correct..
    Think that's a partnership redevelopment, so you might have fallen into the same trap as in Jan 2013 when 35% got 0 on a similar city centre regeneration question! I could be completely wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    Was so shocked they asked about TNCs for like the 3/4th time, and they were the same questions, I could've sworn they were gonna ask about the development continuum, LDCs and NICs, nevertheless I managed to put in the development continuum whether they wanted it or not I made it relevant 😂

ReputationRep:
    Idk tbh, it depends how other people found the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its never been more than 70, dont worry :P

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't so sure about the map showing Japanese knotweed, it asked describe, no problem with that, but comment? How exactly are you supposed to comment when it is only showing the distribution increase, I was afraid to make comments not about it because previously they have scrutinised students for saying things which aren't shown in the resource, I still said about clearly they are more adapted/reproduce quicker otherwise wouldn't have spread so quickly, could have spread via route ways, out compete native species, the climate may be suitable etc etc

ReputationRep:
    I think I ****ed up the exam really badly...

ReputationRep:
    For the world cities 10 marker I think I messed it up, is property led regeneration of London Thames gateway wrong? I don't think I answered it as it said city centre and I described general impacts etc😑

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.