Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Applied on the 11th of October, 31 in the LNAT Offers from York, Southampton, Birmingham and Leeds but no reply from Nottingham yet which is my top choice! I know Notts takes ages but the wait is driving me crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    Hey I got mine and I scored 29! So happy! Anyone else recieved theirs? I got rejected from Oxford but have got offers from Nottingham lse Warwick and kcl
    Did Oxford give a reason for your rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 25 in the LNAT which I was really disappointed about considering I was getting around the 35 mark in practises. But so far have received an offer from Bristol (who place fairly high importance on LNAT) and an interview at UCL, along with offers from Exeter and York (non LNAT) just waiting on Durham now my top choice. Hopefully that means my essay, statement and predictions were good enough, but still hoping for Durham!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC121199)
    I got 25 in the LNAT which I was really disappointed about considering I was getting around the 35 mark in practises. But so far have received an offer from Bristol (who place fairly high importance on LNAT) and an interview at UCL, along with offers from Exeter and York (non LNAT) just waiting on Durham now my top choice. Hopefully that means my essay, statement and predictions were good enough, but still hoping for Durham!!
    congrats on offers so far! did they say why you need an interview at UCL? only heard of straight rejections / offers from them (including myself), but good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Got 37 in my LNAT, with 5A's at higher and predicted 3A's at advanced higher but still haven't heard back from durham or bristol, should i be worried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amclean101)
    Got 37 in my LNAT, with 5A's at higher and predicted 3A's at advanced higher but still haven't heard back from durham or bristol, should i be worried?
    Maybe they just think you're smart but don't have that much passion for actually studying law compared to others

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I got one of the worst lnat scores of the people on here! I got 21 and AAAB at as level but got offers from Durham and Cambridge! I don't really understand it now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchriding)
    congrats on offers so far! did they say why you need an interview at UCL? only heard of straight rejections / offers from them (including myself), but good luck!

They only interview applicants who need extra consideration (I think), Im only guessing that they may have several applicants of a similar quality and need to see them in person to make a decision. I had never heard of UCL law interviews either and was quite surprised when I got one haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerlamps1335)
    I feel like I got one of the worst lnat scores of the people on here! I got 21 and AAAB at as level but got offers from Durham and Cambridge! I don't really understand it now...
    What college and what were your GCSE's/AS module marks?

Congrats btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    If you check the KCL portal, in the messaging section, they would have informed you had your LNAT not been received so no worries, looks like it's all right from that front! Plus, I think you can still check on the Pearson VUE website if it puts your mind at ease(?)

Woo! Congrats, do you have a favourite? I have offers from UCL and UEA. Waiting for Bristol, Birmingham, and KCL - same as you!!
    How was your LNAT? I got 23 I think its too low for UCL and Kings

ReputationRep:
    Well my LNAT was embarassing. 20...how have I even had a single offer hahahah so bad, can't comprehend how I have an offer from Bristol and other candidates have had rejections with scores like 26?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hudamh)
    How did you find out that the essay was the issue? Did you ask them? Thanks.
    No the reason came along with the rejection. It was on track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    What college and what were your GCSE's/AS module marks?

Congrats btw
    Thanks 😄
    Offer is from St catharines, got 4A* 7A 1B
    I got a high B at as and about 93% UMS average in top 3 a levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerlamps1335)
    You must have had a good essay I wouldn't worry you've got the offers so you must have deserved them! Cambridge has its own law entrance exam doesn't it? Was it similar to the LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bagella)
    You must have had a good essay I wouldn't worry you've got the offers so you must have deserved them! Cambridge has its own law entrance exam doesn't it? Was it similar to the LNAT?
    Can't speak for his Cambridge law test, but in mine we were given a paper with three essay questions and asked to choose one, in order to complete within one hour.

I was quite surprised, as it sort of looked like a sociology paper - but I guess law and sociology are somewhat linked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy.louisa121)
    I have already had offers from Warwick , queen Mary's and soas for law . I got 28 in my lnat but haven't heard anything from any lnat unis ( kings and ucl) at all and I applied in early December. My predicted grades are A*AA , I got AABB at As and my GCSE results are 3A* 7 A's. Do I have a chance to get into ucl or kings ? Im worried that I haven't heard from them with any information about the progress of my application . I have already accepted the unlikelyhood of an offer
    You have a good chance getting into Kings.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just my LNAT results back sadly: 23... Do you think I still have a chance of getting offers from Bristol, York and SOAS with typical AAA grades? I applied late to all of them. Thanks.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by anon111097)
    How was your LNAT? I got 23 I think its too low for UCL and Kings
    Hey, I got the same; 23 in the LNAT and holding an offer from UCL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconwoo)
    Maybe they just think you're smart but don't have that much passion for actually studying law compared to others
    Yeah... That's why they didn't instantly reject his application right? They won't have processed it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amclean101)
    I wouldn't worry, I'm also waiting to hear back from them but there's no need to worry, yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.