A and A* boundaries:

June 2010: 48 (54 A*) … 18/25 + 30/50
    June 2011: 50 (56 A*) … 18/25 + 32/50
    June 2012: 51 (57 A*) … 20/25 + 31/50
    January 2013: 51 (57 A*) … 20/25 + 31/50
    June 2013: 53 (60 A*) … 19/25 + 34/50
    June 2014: 53 (61 A*) … 19/25 + 34/50
    June 2015: 49 (54 A*) … 19/25 + 30/50
    Oh so they don't really fluctuate greatly, I was wrong. Last year was just strangely lower comparatively. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    The A and E boundaries are usually similar but the 90% (A*) conversion point is often manually adjusted. It was June 2014 that had an A boundary of 53 and an A* boundary of 61, even though in theory the A* boundary should have been 58 (difference between A and B). I think the adjustment partly depends on how well people do in Unit 5 as well, because the June 2014 Unit 5 had extremely low boundaries, and keeping A* at 58 for Unit 4 might have resulted in too many people getting an A* overall.
    Yeah that makes sense, I guess. I think the adjustments based on both units is likely. Turns out the boundaries don't really change greatly from year to year anyway. I had no clue I always just aimed for As.

CAP estimated to be 67?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perpetua)
    CAP estimated to be 67?
    If the boundaries are A – 53 and A* – 60 then the cap will be at 67, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i have a question. During the exam i crossed out some of my multiple choice answers with an x and filled in a different letter. Could i possibly lose marks due to the confusion or anything? Do any of you know how the multiple choice is marked? Like is it automatically scanned by a machined and a mark given or do the examiners mark it on their computers?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ombtom)
    A and A* boundaries:

June 2010: 48 (54 A*) … 18/25 + 30/50
    June 2011: 50 (56 A*) … 18/25 + 32/50
    June 2012: 51 (57 A*) … 20/25 + 31/50
    January 2013: 51 (57 A*) … 20/25 + 31/50
    June 2013: 53 (60 A*) … 19/25 + 34/50
    June 2014: 53 (61 A*) … 19/25 + 34/50
    June 2015: 49 (54 A*) … 19/25 + 30/50

Im confused why did you put the 18/25 + 30/50 do you mean like we need to get atleast these marks in each section do get an A or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolgurl14)
    Im confused why did you put the 18/25 + 30/50 do you mean like we need to get atleast these marks in each section do get an A or what?
    I think that's just an indication of how difficult each section is.

You don't need to meet the boundary for each section, only the overall boundary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomharris15)
    hey guys i have a question. During the exam i crossed out some of my multiple choice answers with an x and filled in a different letter. Could i possibly lose marks due to the confusion or anything? Do any of you know how the multiple choice is marked? Like is it automatically scanned by a machined and a mark given or do the examiners mark it on their computers?
    It said to do exactly that if you changed your answer. There won't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolgurl14)
    That's just what the examiners suggest as a rough split. You DO NOT need to get those split marks, you only need to get the total marks, the split across the two papers does not matter.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got the multiple choice unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    I remember a very similar question with +Q, +Q, +Q and -Q from June 10 but this one had all +Q, so was zero (all cancelled).

How many more exams have you got left? C3 tomorrow, CHEM5 Weds, C4/S4 clas Friday, FP2 Monday, PHYA5 (with astro) Tuesday.

Crikey, scary thoughts!!
    same for me apart from s4 and chemistry. Also I'm doing turning points. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james7777)
    anyone got the multiple choice unofficial mark scheme?
    d b b d d c d b b c b c c a c a b a c a a d c b d

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember the answer to the MC question that had 4 charges and then P in the middle...I know it's a repeat question...what letter was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    Can anyone remember the answer to the MC question that had 4 charges and then P in the middle...I know it's a repeat question...what letter was it?
    Think it was D, not sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boro12345)
    was that zero?

ReputationRep:
    Got 60-65 I reckon

Messed up the capacitor one because I did V=0.8 Vo

Probably 4-6 elsewhere and maybe 3 max on the mcq

Hopefully around 64 marks full ums id be happy

ReputationRep:
    Got 60-65 I reckon

Messed up the capacitor one because I did V=0.8 Vo

Probably 4-6 elsewhere and maybe 3 max on the mcq

Hopefully around 64 marks full ums id be happy
    nah prolly 62 for A*

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post the multiple choice questions pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    was that zero?
    I got zero as well, they all cancelled out.

ReputationRep:
    I asked this as if i could remember what letter I put. I think I got it right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 9, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.