Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by BenC1997)
    It will certainly be interesting, perhaps even amusing, to see what becomes of them.
    I think you left at the right time - they are doomed to fail unfortunately - they just don't have enough, if any, active members. Do you know what party you will be joining instead? We'd be happy to have you in the Labour Party if you wanted a change of scenery.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I think you left at the right time - they are doomed to fail unfortunately - they just don't have enough, if any, active members. Do you know what party you will be joining instead? We'd be happy to have you in the Labour Party if you wanted a change of scenery.
    It seems that though Petros recruits anyone south of the horizontal axis of the PC, you recruit anyone with a pulse.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    It seems that though Petros recruits anyone south of the horizontal axis of the PC, you recruit anyone with a pulse.
    Steady on! You're from the Tory Party mate.

ReputationRep:
    Steady on! You're from the Tory Party mate.
    IMO The Financier's politics are closer to Blair than, say, Gove or May.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    IMO The Financier's politics are closer to Blair than, say, Gove or May.
    I'm not a warmongering interventionist. Though yeah, nowhere near May.

ReputationRep:
    also, regarding going offsite, I think people would be more happy to conduct business on TSR if it weren't a forum and had an IRC channel as well or something

ReputationRep:
    Guys, we've found the lost Miliband brother!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Though yeah, nowhere near May.
    Good, because she's a witch.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    also, regarding going offsite, I think people would be more happy to conduct business on TSR if it weren't a forum and had an IRC channel as well or something
    We used to have one but it couldn't be moderated.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Shame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    That's why everyone should get the **** off TSR and on to skype or equivalent. People in the MHoC aren't the twelve year olds who the moderation rules here are designed to protect. I'm not actually aware of anyone younger than 17 here.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    That's why everyone should get the **** off TSR and on to skype or equivalent. People in the MHoC aren't the twelve year olds who the moderation rules here are designed to protect. I'm not actually aware of anyone younger than 17 here.
    We have 15 year olds... Or we used to.
    And I ment a general TSR one which was used for bullying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    We have 15 year olds... Or we used to.
    And I ment a general TSR one which was used for bullying.
    the only reason not to have 15 year olds in a skype group is that they're ****ing annoying
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Regarding off site, general off site is utter crap, the only decent stuff is convenient 1 on 1 or small group I'M, whether that be two individuals, part of a party, or people sympathetic to a common cause

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hear , Hear for a change
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Good, because she's a witch.
    Bit Harsh
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)

Bit Harsh
    Well, perhaps that was a bit harsh...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    no it wasn't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I don't see why not? It's possible to have bot mods who moderate based on what they are told to do, they do it on streaming services such as twitch
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I don't see why not? It's possible to have bot mods who moderate based on what they are told to do, they do it on streaming services such as twitch
    I honestly don't know. Maybe because of teh type of forum? Anyway I remember discussions about getting an MHoC shout ox and the CT saying it will never happen.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This is the TSR Model House of Commons. The MHoC is an elaborate forum game hosted by TSR for TSR users. Here is where it's business should remain.

I don't see the appeal of IRC over what we currently have except for some kind of real time public debate.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.