Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What will boundary C be. Is it going to be 70 or 65.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    Say I got around 80 on both papers (160/200) do you think that would just scrape an A* ???? .. I know it was like 155/200 last year for an A* but the boundaries are likely to rise
    I think gb are gonna go up substantially, maybe around 140 for A and around 170 for A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by failureofaperson)
    Yeah I'm thinking I got 132-134 but idk what that would be😔
    thats a solid A. A* tends to be around 165 - check last years grade boundaries on the edexcel website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    For the trial and improvement one my few ids were saying they got 3.7 but I got 3.8 and I was 100% sure that was right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am 99.999999% sure it is 3.8 because 3.75 was slightly too small but 3.85 was too big and therefore it would have rounded to 3.8 either way. You are definitely right!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giovanni_)
    I think gb are gonna go up substantially, maybe around 140 for A and around 170 for A*
    It's not going to be that hard, if it was that high then that would suggest 2016 was one of the easiest exam year for maths so far, which it wasn't

ReputationRep:
    For the stratified sampling i rounded 10.8 to 10 instead of 11, will i lose a mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djstacks)
    For the stratified sampling i rounded 10.8 to 10 instead of 11, will i lose a mark?
    Yes, you can't round down like that for stratified sampling.

ReputationRep:
    Btw Q11 is actually £42.28. You shouldn't round your answers until the end.

ReputationRep:
    I feel this paper was much better than the first.

ReputationRep:
    I got 132/200 what is that

ReputationRep:
    I got 132/200 what grade is that. Plus I was able to work the length using the area of the triangle and I then used the sin rule how man marks would I get on the last question

ReputationRep:
    I got 130 - 132 is that an A?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I get if I only wrote 9/20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by femzz15)
    no, it should be the same as last year
    Last years paper was awful compared to this paper I reckon 168-170 easy for an a* literally everyone is saying it's easy but I don't lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djstacks)
    the mark scheme accepts both usually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That was the first step to it you then needed to cosine like a^2 = b^2+c^2 - 2bccos A where you put 40 as angle c as 7 b as 8 and you got like 27. Something and then you square root that and got 5.2 something then you use that in sine rule where you did 5.2... / sine40.0052 = 8 / sine Angle needed ...rearrange 8/(5.2... /sine40.0052) = sine angle needed... inv sin and presto 80.4 but you can argue with degrees of accuracy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meegan543210)
    Last years paper was awful compared to this paper I reckon 168-170 easy for an a* literally everyone is saying it's easy but I don't lol
    it surely can't be 168-170. the 2013 paper which was much easier than this had an A* boundary of 165, this is clearly a harder paper and so i fail to see how the grade boundaries would increase significantly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronin.k)
    the depreciation of the car question. was the overall depreciation 7,777k something and that it wasnt half the value
    I got something like that, but i think i misread the depreciation for year one. My teacher says the answer should be no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovedMasterMike)
    For question 3, I PUT x=37/4 INSTEAD OF 9.25. Will I still get all the marks???
    Yes you get the marks for that

ReputationRep:
    can anyone please explain question on the fuel? i adding on the 2 journey to work and back and the parking fee but got something around 30?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.