Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)

Nonsense, basically every country in the world trades with the EU without freedom of movement
    Only if they're not part of Europe, silly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    So where is the desire from so "our" people to train to be nurses and HCAs? The NHS even pays for university tuition but there are simply not enough people that want the job.

Have you heard of this little place called Norway? There is a different case for countries which border EU member states.
    Let us open our borders for the common wealth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Ngl I am :lol:

For now
    But as I said, short term gain, long term pain :facepalm:
    :giggle:

Well, a very good morning to you then! :ahee:

Victory in england!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    So where is the desire from so "our" people to train to be nurses and HCAs? The NHS even pays for university tuition but there are simply not enough people that want the job.

Have you heard of this little place called Norway? There is a different case for countries which border EU member states.
    There are plenty of people that want the jobs, how do you think the country survived for hundreds of years before?

What has Norway got to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Only if they're not part of Europe, silly

Posted from TSR Mobile

And we no longer will be, we can act as Canada does, e.g. very low / no tariffs with out freedom of movement, simple.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of people that want the jobs, how do you think the country survived for hundreds of years before?

Norway requires free movement of people to engage in the European single market and so do we.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And we no longer will be, we can act as Canada does, e.g. very low / no tariffs with out freedom of movement, simple.
    Europe, not the EU

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Norway requires free movement of people to engage in the European single market and so do we.Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are using the wrong terms, every country in the world engages with the single market.

ReputationRep:
    You are using the wrong terms, every country in the world engages with the single market.
    We'd require free movement of people to engage in the European market. How many times does this have to be said?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Europe, not the EU

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't matter at all, you don't seriously believe that people will say "no, don't trade with them, they are a little bit closer".

That isn't how the world works, The EU needs us for trade, and we need them, a deal will be made.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter at all, you don't seriously believe that people will say "no, don't trade with them, they are a little bit closer".

That isn't how the world works, The EU needs us for trade, and we need them, a deal will be made.
    A deal that requires free movement of people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    We'd require free movement of people to engage in the European market. How many times does this have to be said?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because you don't understand what you are talking about and the meanings of the words used (like most leftists). As I have said, basically every nation in the world engages in the European market.

Use the correct terms, I know what you are trying to say, I just want you to learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    A deal that requires free movement of people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, trade for trade, its quite simple.

When we make a deal with other nations, with Australia for example, there is no need for that.

ReputationRep:
    I feel there needs to a festival or street party due the brexit vote.

ReputationRep:
    I know it might not have been the vote you wanted, Remainers but we need to rally together now in our country's interest. The people have spoken and it's time to move on, and it's time enter negociations with the EU and trigger the act 50. Surely we cannot have a general election, Cameron will have to, at some point, step down and be replaced.

ReputationRep:
    Because you don't understand what you are talking about and the meanings of the words used (like most leftists). As I have said, basically every nation in the world engages in the European market.

Use the correct terms, I know what you are trying to say, I just want you to learn.
    The European common market, whatever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hundreds of years ago? What are you on about? The country had a fraction of the population, hardly as many nurses, with rudimentary training at best. Get your head out of your ass.

To engage in trade with the EU, Norway has to allow free movement to and from EU member states.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    The European common market, whatever Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, still not correct.You are trying to refer to tariff free access.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Hundreds of years ago? What are you on about? The country had a fraction of the population, hardly as many nurses, with rudimentary training at best. Get your head out of your ass.

To engage in trade with the EU, Norway has to allow free movement to and from EU member states.

The naivety of leftists

You do realise that we trade with India, China, the US right?

They don't have freedom of movement.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.