UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

Aykap
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hyeree)
no...
this reply is for my 9th grade grades... which do not appear anywhere on the freaking site!!!

i did ib middle years programme so it's a little ******...
and my friend got a reply that they require MVG (best in swedish system) for chem bio and physics. but my grades are graded from 1-7........ so means what? the swedish people have 6 and 7 as equivalent to MVG but what if the UK people dont think like that?!?!
i am soooo nervous... REPLY NOTTS FFS!!

Well i hope they accept my grades....im in Dutch medium school and schooling system is a lot different (and less complicated) than the one in UK.

I think they will....don't think they make a tht big fuss ovr it...
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Aykap)
Well i hope they accept my grades....im in Dutch medium school and schooling system is a lot different (and less complicated) than the one in UK.

I think they will....don't think they make a tht big fuss ovr it...
they might... they might not. better to email them about it...
:/
linca2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ukcat tomorrow!
im so worried.
i just scored 15/44 on the verbal reasoning mock T_T
oh noes!
LozengeC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by linca2)
ukcat tomorrow!
im so worried.
i just scored 15/44 on the verbal reasoning mock T_T
oh noes!
I found the mock test on the website a lot harder so try not to worry too much! Good luck!

x
linca2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Posting my results for the sake of - hmm, well apparently people who score average are too ashamed of posting? This is for all you average people out there! =)

520 - Yep its poopy.

Average of 610. How average! =D hehe. Not amazing. But not bad ^_^.
iheartvet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
that is a great score you got on abstract (?), the third section. well done!
lukenn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
did mine this afternoon....

Average: 647.5

better than i was expecting... i was so nervous!
linca2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I was pleased to see that score for AR after looking at my results and seeing 520 in VR T_T. LOL. I suppose it says something about me though. I like polygons!! Haha =p.

And ooh I just noticed! There's a bit that tells me about myself haha =o

"Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest a tendency towards being a bit more self-confident, outgoing and comfortable with people, without being dominating or demanding attention. This may make you more able to be aware of the emotional needs of others without being dependent on their reactions to you."

Sounds ok to me!
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I was pleased to see that score for AR after looking at my results and seeing 520 in VR T_T. LOL. I suppose it says something about me though. I like polygons!! Haha =p.

And ooh I just noticed! There's a bit that tells me about myself haha =o

"Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest a tendency towards being a bit more self-confident, outgoing and comfortable with people, without being dominating or demanding attention. This may make you more able to be aware of the emotional needs of others without being dependent on their reactions to you."

Sounds ok to me!
got the same non-cognitive bit =]]
sounds alright... but the thing is.. it's true ^^
iheartvet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think your AR is great. I had the most trouble in that section. Your description sounds good too.
linca2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hope I don't come across like I'm bragging about the non-cognitive bit =x , but yeah it's pretty accurate for me XD. Does this part get sent off to the universities too? Oo

It would be nice if it did because it matches my personal statement.
iheartvet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You don't come across like you are bragging. I did not like my non-cognitive part at all. I even asked people if it described me and they said that it did not. Hahaha.
I think it gets sent off to the Universities but I am not sure how seriously they take that section.
linca2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ I think it's very likely that UKCAT have got it all wrong with the non-cognitive analysis! And with that, maybe I've got it all wrong and I'm not the person I thought I was (and UKCAT thinks I am)! Oh darn =(. haha XD.

I haven't seen/heard any other people's non-cognitive analysis results, but does anyone know if all of the descriptions are positive or do some come out with more negative descriptions of people?
FFCrusader
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ I think it's very likely that UKCAT have got it all wrong with the non-cognitive analysis! And with that, maybe I've got it all wrong and I'm not the person I thought I was (and UKCAT thinks I am)! Oh darn =(. haha XD.

I haven't seen/heard any other people's non-cognitive analysis results, but does anyone know if all of the descriptions are positive or do some come out with more negative descriptions of people?
When I did it last year it didn't really sound like me. This year was odd as I got three sections for it, which come across as positive and negative I think...

"You responses suggest a stronger self-belief, combined with a more positive optimistic outlook on life, when comepared to the responses of other people. This suggest you are happy to take on challenges and take initiatives. When you have the expertise and good judgement this is likely to work well, but you may need to beware of being over-optimistic in other circumstances"

"When compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest a higher desire to make things happen, together with a stronger determination to work towards your goals. Your preferred style tends to be systematic and reliable, making steady progress towards your goals. When taken to the extreme, such a stayle can become over-structured, and there may be times when letting go and being a little more flexible would be useful"

"Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest that you feel more positive about things and are less likely to let things get on top of you. If your experience set-backs, you may believe that you will bounce back, get over them quickly and remain relatively open and cheerful. This may mean that you tend to cope well under pressure but you may need to consider whether your positive orientation is always realistic"

I wonder if people agree with this about me lol
Shuijing
Report 10 years ago
Mine said I balance my life or something.
BaxterBear
Report 10 years ago
I got "Compared to the responses of people you are open, confident and are able to empathise with the people without expecting any inseduated blateratory. Concerning your passion, it may be questionable."

linca2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FFCrusader)

"... When you have the expertise and good judgement this is likely to work well, but you may need to beware of being over-optimistic in other circumstances"

".... you may need to consider whether your positive orientation is always realistic"

Sounds to me like you're a very happy person! ^^
FFCrusader
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sounds to me like you're a very happy person! ^^
haha I am generally :p::woo:

I hope that's a good quality
bclark3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Did mine today:

Average: 722.5

Really thought I had messed up QR (I swear I only answered half the questions :confused: , would have needed at least another 10 mins to finish!).

Apart from that I thought that I had enough time for the other sections (finished DA with 8 minutes to spare). I found doing past questions for a couple of hours before the test helps a lot.
Faaj
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FFCrusader)
When I did it last year it didn't really sound like me. This year was odd as I got three sections for it, which come across as positive and negative I think...

"You responses suggest a stronger self-belief, combined with a more positive optimistic outlook on life, when comepared to the responses of other people. This suggest you are happy to take on challenges and take initiatives. When you have the expertise and good judgement this is likely to work well, but you may need to beware of being over-optimistic in other circumstances"

"When compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest a higher desire to make things happen, together with a stronger determination to work towards your goals. Your preferred style tends to be systematic and reliable, making steady progress towards your goals. When taken to the extreme, such a stayle can become over-structured, and there may be times when letting go and being a little more flexible would be useful"

"Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest that you feel more positive about things and are less likely to let things get on top of you. If your experience set-backs, you may believe that you will bounce back, get over them quickly and remain relatively open and cheerful. This may mean that you tend to cope well under pressure but you may need to consider whether your positive orientation is always realistic"

Crusader, thats EXACTLY what i got!!!! What going on? I swear there must be others with those same three paragraphs..... they must copy sentences and if someone gets around about what they thing is e.g. more positive out look on life, they just paste that sentence in!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
38.03%
No - but I will (53)
7.25%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (347)
47.47%

Watched Threads