Leeds and Reading Festivals 2009 Watch

MetalheadA7X
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
After hearing "Don't Trust Me" i though they were just pop-electro balls.But songs like "I'm Not Your Boyfriend" and "Starstrukk" have made me fall in love with the band.
WhatawickedDJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ruthie!)
I may not be able to, I'm looking at selling my Leeds weekend and camping ticket, plus early entry ticket.
I'm not going to put it on Ebay unless I put a buy it now price as I don't want it to end up selling for a ridiculous amount as thats unfair.
How much realistically can I look to sell it for, I obviously want a bit of money back, as I'm now not going for medical reasons, so its unfair on me as well, but I don't wanna rip anyone off.
I really can't understand the guilt in selling your ticket for a high price. Even at face value we're all getting ripped off, as with most purchases we make. No one is forcing people to buy the tickets for £300 or whatever, if they're prepared to spend that much then that's how much going to the festival is worth to them, they wont feel ripped off they'll be loving it!
Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MetalheadA7X)
After hearing "Don't Trust Me" i though they were just pop-electro balls.But songs like "I'm Not Your Boyfriend" and "Starstrukk" have made me fall in love with the band.
:yes:

I heard those before Don't Trust Me actually, but :five:
Ruthie!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by WhatawickedDJ)
I really can't understand the guilt in selling your ticket for a high price. Even at face value we're all getting ripped off, as with most purchases we make. No one is forcing people to buy the tickets for £300 or whatever, if they're prepared to spend that much then that's how much going to the festival is worth to them, they wont feel ripped off they'll be loving it!
I suppose, and it would make up for me not being able to go... And its not me selling it for that price, its them bidding amongst themselvles...

I'd still feel a bit bad though
Snobpence17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ruthie!)
I suppose, and it would make up for me not being able to go... And its not me selling it for that price, its them bidding amongst themselvles...

I'd still feel a bit bad though
Took me only a few minutes to find someone willing to buy my two tickets, at face value
Ruthie!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Snobpence17)
Took me only a few minutes to find someone willing to buy my two tickets, at face value
Well I might actually be able to find someone I know to buy it, which would be easier.
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Chances are you'll find many people you know who'll be willing to buy your tickets at face value.
MetalheadA7X
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So, Who is looking forward to the dance arenaat Leeds?

I think i am only leaving it for The View and Bloc Party that day
assmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
After Latitude festival, I am so ready for Leeds.

Bring it onnnnn
Ryarn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MetalheadA7X)
So, Who is looking forward to the dance arenaat Leeds?

I think i am only leaving it for The View and Bloc Party that day
You have a deceiving username
MetalheadA7X
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ryarn)
You have a deceiving username

Hahaha
I love my metal but dance and electro are just as good.
Less_then_zero
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by assmaster)

Bring it onnnnn
latitude seems like a really cool festival! did you enjoy it?

i would of liked to have gone, next year maybe next year...
assmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Less_then_zero)
latitude seems like a really cool festival! did you enjoy it?

i would of liked to have gone, next year maybe next year...
It was awesome. Pink sheep and light shows randomly, Mika did an acoustic set which was just craaaaaaaaaazy, Pet Shop Boys were insanely brilliant - a band everyone may not love but you should definitely see a show before you die, just incredible lighting and dancers and the stage set... Just brilliant.
Doves, Of Montreal and Editors were other highlights, but the great thing about Latitude is that there was more than just music. The comedy tent was hilarious when you were lost for what to do, the theatre arena and lakeside ballet were also pretty special. Definitely recommend, you should definitely consider going next year - I know I'll be there.

Oh, so to answer your question - yeah, I enjoyed it.
penny_wishes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by assmaster)

Bring it onnnnn
SAME. (except I'm going to Reading)

Going from chilled out Latitude to insane Reading will probably be a bit of a shock to the system though... :woo:
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ohh, new tickets released for Reading residents
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lozz2601)
W00t
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm working at Reading. Looking forward to it.
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lozz2601)
Did you get any or are you going to camp for the weekend?
lucy213
Report 9 years ago
Anyone know what time the headliners will finish playing? Particularly on the Sunday (Radiohead) 'cause I don't want to miss any of their set, but I've got to catch a train at 23.50. Is it likely I'll be able to get from the mainstage to reading train station on time?
Less_then_zero
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lucy213)
Anyone know what time the headliners will finish playing? Particularly on the Sunday (Radiohead) 'cause I don't want to miss any of their set, but I've got to catch a train at 23.50. Is it likely I'll be able to get from the mainstage to reading train station on time?
last year the headliners were finishing about 11.30 they might play a little over that time though, you might be able to get to the train on time its not too far if i remember rightly, if not you'll have to find somewhere to crash....
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.42%
No (438)
60.66%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.91%

Watched Threads