Maths Uni Chat Watch

SimonM
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sonofdot)
Bah. I've had two three hour airport delays in the last week or so, both in ridiculously crowded airports with no free internet :sigh:

I really should be getting on with packing now...
That sucks. I like the free internet here, getting download rates better than I do at home (although laughable by the mainland's standards)
sonofdot
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SimonM)
That sucks. I like the free internet here, getting download rates better than I do at home (although laughable by the mainland's standards)
I'm certainly looking forward to getting back to Cambridge's internet speed...
Anatheme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My friends at home are all sitting exams. I'm bored, but at least I can laugh at them :holmes:
Hedgeman49
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anatheme)
I am up stupidly early because of a bloody doctor (just checking my ankle I'm not dying :p: ), and once again, this day will be rather empty, haha, what's up with you, how's Bath?
Ah man, hope the ankle is okay. Bath is amazing, love it to bits. If you ever fancy a visit at any time just say. Are you liking Manc now or are you still unsure?
SimonM
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, that delay was longer than expected, just been informed the new time of departure, 8 hours after I was supposed to have left. I guess I wont be in college until 10 or 11.
Anatheme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hedgeman49)
Ah man, hope the ankle is okay. Bath is amazing, love it to bits. If you ever fancy a visit at any time just say. Are you liking Manc now or are you still unsure?
The ankle is fine, thanks, and about Manchester, I decided to just embrace it, haha, there's not much I can do so I might as well just try to make the best of it! I'd love to go to Bath, but I'm not sure my finance would appreciate

Simon, when will you be leaving, then?
SimonM
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Simon, when will you be leaving, then?
Hopefully 19:45...
Anatheme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SimonM)
Hopefully 19:45...
Aww fingers crossed!
Simplicity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by sonofdot)
I'm certainly looking forward to getting back to Cambridge's internet speed...
May I ask what will you be downloading?
ste0731
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just completed my music collection and finally hit 20gb, by adding aqua, boyzone, busted, mcfly and s club 7 to my itunes
and have spent all day re-ordering my room ready for my new double bed and sorted out all my PC wires etc to be ready for my 2nd monitor/gaming mousepad (was bigger than I thought xD 40cm x 20cm.)
So revision was pretty much off the cards today :/
I'll start on wednesday is the plan.

Anyone else procastinating as badly as me? xD
Anatheme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ste0731)
I just completed my music collection and finally hit 20gb, by adding aqua, boyzone, busted, mcfly and s club 7 to my itunes
and have spent all day re-ordering my room ready for my new double bed and sorted out all my PC wires etc to be ready for my 2nd monitor/gaming mousepad (was bigger than I thought xD 40cm x 20cm.)
So revision was pretty much off the cards today :/
I'll start on wednesday is the plan.

Anyone else procastinating as badly as me? xD
I'm going through my school modules database to see if there's any lecture about anything that interest me I could attend. I know, it's very sad. :indiff:

And I realised I am actually gonna die next year when the Internet will be something I will not have 24/7 :sad:
ste0731
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm going through my school modules database to see if there's any lecture about anything that interest me I could attend. I know, it's very sad. :indiff:

And I realised I am actually gonna die next year when the Internet will be something I will not have 24/7 :sad:
Why wont you have it 24/7 :eek: :eek: :eek: I'd kill myself. Srsly.

And may I ask why you aren't happy at manc btw, is it the uni,city or just cos of the course?
Anatheme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why wont you have it 24/7 :eek: :eek: :eek: I'd kill myself. Srsly.

And may I ask why you aren't happy at manc btw, is it the uni,city or just cos of the course?
I'm not doing Maths at uni but Russian and Arabic, and being in my second year, I have my year abroad next year. Now think about it for a second, Syria and Russia aren't exactly the countries that are the best provided with the Internet, and unless I spend my life in an internet cafe, I'm afraid I will have to die inside. The great thing is Russian have very little notions of copyright, so CDs are stupidly cheap (and so are DVDs).

I wasn't really happy with a side of my course, the uni is rather impersonal and it did not exactly improve (the *****ing in my fave class has gone so horrible I can barely stand the people anymore, and the other side is a complete academic mess, I don't learn anything and I just hate it), but I decided not to care anymore.
ste0731
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not doing Maths at uni but Russian and Arabic, and being in my second year, I have my year abroad next year. Now think about it for a second, Syria and Russia aren't exactly the countries that are the best provided with the Internet, and unless I spend my life in an internet cafe, I'm afraid I will have to die inside. The great thing is Russian have very little notions of copyright, so CDs are stupidly cheap (and so are DVDs).

I wasn't really happy with a side of my course, the uni is rather impersonal and it did not exactly improve (the *****ing in my fave class has gone so horrible I can barely stand the people anymore, and the other side is a complete academic mess, I don't learn anything and I just hate it), but I decided not to care anymore.

CD's are free aren't they *cough* torrents *cough* xD
And ah wow, yeh the uni is quite impersonal but i prefer that (means skiving is easier xD)

You looking forward to a year out there though?
Anatheme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And ah wow, yeh the uni is quite impersonal but i prefer that (means skiving is easier xD)

Skiving is NOT easier when your subjects are not bigger than 20 students . And I'm extreeeemely forward to my year abroad, it's stupid, haha. And CDs are free when you have the Internet ( ), but when you don't…
Simplicity
Rep:
?
Wow, I hate number theory. Its a stupid subject, also I seem to suck so hard at it, its not funny.

Anyway, how do you do the method of squaring in modular arithmetic? any good notes? as yeah can't do a question on it. Also, how do you remeber the notation for the induction proof of euclid algorithm? and yeah biomial coefficents are painful, how do you do them?

P.S. Anyone else suck at a particular branch of mathematics?
Simplicity
Rep:
?

Thats just asking for a virus and the FBI to kick down your door.

Compared to what uni?

To be fair if you make the effort to talk to lecturer after lecture they are actually really nice and will help you. Thats why you should always talk to lecturer after the lecture. But, normally its just me as everyone runs out of the lecture. Who is your personal tutor?

Skiving is NOT easier when your subjects are not bigger than 20 students . And I'm extreeeemely forward to my year abroad, it's stupid, haha. And CDs are free when you have the Internet ( ), but when you don't
Where are you going? Russia?

20 students? that is small.
Euclid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
Wow, I hate number theory. Its a stupid subject, also I seem to suck so hard at it, its not funny.

Anyway, how do you do the method of squaring in modular arithmetic? any good notes? as yeah can't do a question on it. Also, how do you remeber the notation for the induction proof of euclid algorithm? and yeah biomial coefficents are painful, how do you do them?

P.S. Anyone else suck at a particular branch of mathematics?
Me, that's why I now do Theoretical Physics...
majikthise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
20 students? that is small.
There are 4 in one of my lectures.
I miss the lecture theatres...

...heating. mmm.
Simplicity
Rep:
?
(Original post by Euclid)
Me, that's why I now do Theoretical Physics...
I'm thinking once it gets higher then I will become good at it. But, physics is the worst thing ever.

(Original post by majikthise)
There are 4 in one of my lectures.
I miss the lecture theatres...

...heating. mmm.
What unit is that?

Lecture theatres are horrible, plus to many people talking crap even when sitting at the front you can still hear them. Its like shut the hell up. Sadly, only one lecturer seems to say that.

Heating. Weird, as all my lectures seem to be too hot or too cold.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads