Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    I honestly think I got a 12, maybe a 11 if the boundaries are low

But hopefully I will have A*A*A* with that so it might help my case if I have to beg that morning!
    Oh you'll be fine, loads of people get in with a 1, 2. Especially as STEP II was apparently so hard this year.

ReputationRep:
    I still chuckle whenever I see the Oxford Offer Holder's Chat Thread. 102 pages, too. That offer holder must be real lonely by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello dave)
    I might get pooled back to my original college in the summer pool.. that would be good. They did say they'd give me an offer if no other college did, but it would have been for 2012. Do you think you've missed your offer then? what was it for?
    Maths at Sidney.

I think I'll be getting A*A* in both maths, then A*A*/AA in my other two a-level subjects. I reckon I'll have anywhere from 1,2 to 3,3 in STEP () with an S in STEP I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuzu)
    Maths at Sidney.

I think I'll be getting A*A* in both maths, then A*A*/AA in my other two a-level subjects. I reckon I'll have anywhere from 1,2 to 3,3 in STEP () with an S in STEP I.
    Well I hope you get what you need, or get in anyway. I'm sure you didn't do that bad, could be worse, at least you didn't get a 3 in STEP I that's just so embarrassing, they will probably have a laugh about it before they reject me

ReputationRep:
    Oh you'll be fine, loads of people get in with a 1, 2. Especially as STEP II was apparently so hard this year.
    My offer for maths from churchill is S1 in papers I and II, I have got an S in paper I but I probably only got a 2 in paper 2. Anyone fancy a guess of how likely it is I get in with an S2 in step? :/ Oh, and I will have got A1A1A1 in my advanced highers if that will help me. (I needed A1A2A2) I just can't believe I possibly met the piece of the offer I thought would be impossible to achieve, but definitely didn't make the easier part

ReputationRep:
    Well I hope you get what you need, or get in anyway. I'm sure you didn't do that bad, could be worse, at least you didn't get a 3 in STEP I that's just so embarrassing, they will probably have a laugh about it before they reject me
    Aye, cheers. Hope you get your 1 as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosietheology)
    did anyone go to the fitz offer holders open day today? there are so few of us on the facebook group - where are all you fitzbillies?
    (Original post by Ajka)
    Do I count as one if I am deferred entry? :P
    I'm deferring too, I'm afraid (hence my non-presence on the Facebook group)! But still for Fitz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbou)
    My offer for maths from churchill is S1 in papers I and II, I have got an S in paper I but I probably only got a 2 in paper 2. Anyone fancy a guess of how likely it is I get in with an S2 in step? :/ Oh, and I will have got A1A1A1 in my advanced highers if that will help me. (I needed A1A2A2) I just can't believe I possibly met the piece of the offer I thought would be impossible to achieve, but definitely didn't make the easier part
    You seem pretty sure of your grades? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyam)
    You too, man. When I got my AAA offer I was like 'yeah, this is sorted, it couldn't be much easier if I had the questions in advance.' Now that attitude has faded.
    Yeah I took that attitude. What's annoying is it should have been that easy. We'd already done the hard bit. We'd already got the bit out of the way that depended on impressing other people and had it under our control.

ffs.

I'll stop filling the thread with my emo rantings anyway. I look forward to the christ's/magd formals if by some miracle we both make it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    No, they didn't specify which subjects the grades had to be in (aside from that I needed an A in law, which I certainly will have made), but that doesn't help me much since I haven't got the A in classics (I sacrificed classics revision for economics revision after I found myself spectacularly short of time following my missing some college and trying to piece together the whole of defamation law from primary sources for my EPQ).

Yeah, there's a chance my unit 3 resit will have been good enough to offset the disaster in unit 4, but it isn't likely; especially considering that unit 4 is weighted more heavily. I averaged 92.5% last year, so this year should have been a doddle, but I really can't emphasize satisfactorily via written word what a disaster unit 4 was.

Maybe the high A I'll have in AS further maths will help...
    Oh no!

While this won't be of much comfort to you, at least you're not the only one currently fretting about whether or not they'll make the offer. :hugs:

I'm quite annoyed with myself for thinking, "Oh, A*AA? I should be able to make that with minimal effort". I'll be distraught if I end up not getting in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Oh no!

While this won't be of much comfort to you, at least you're not the only one currently fretting about whether or not they'll make the offer. :hugs:

I'm quite annoyed with myself for thinking, "Oh, A*AA? I should be able to make that with minimal effort". I'll be distraught if I end up not getting in.
    Well, again, good luck to you man. I'd say I'm sure you'll make it, but it tends to annoy me when people say that to me when they have no way of knowing, so I'll just tell you to look on the bright side and try to be confident

Maybe we'll all be laughing at ourselves in August. I must say, I don't think it's likely in my case, but there's the chance.

ReputationRep:

And if you fail, you've still got cake!*

* Or you may not have cake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Oh no!

yeah, there's me as well. i reckon my chances of making that offer are about 1 in 5, although i wasn't any more confident before the exams...

Well, again, good luck to you man. I'd say I'm sure you'll make it, but it tends to annoy me when people say that to me when they have no way of knowing, so I'll just tell you to look on the bright side and try to be confident

Maybe we'll all be laughing at ourselves in August. I must say, I don't think it's likely in my case, but there's the chance.
    good luck to both of you! hope results day is pleasantly surprising
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I hope STEP goes according to plan Physics went well

ReputationRep:
    EXAMS ARE OVEEEEEEEEEER.
    Thank GOD.

ReputationRep:
    FINALYYYYYYYYY DONE WITH EXAMS.... FEELSSS GUDDDDD!!!
    well now just hope ill be there in october :rolleyes:
    feels like im dreaming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kobie)
    yeah, there's me as well. i reckon my chances of making that offer are about 1 in 5, although i wasn't any more confident before the exams...

good luck to both of you! hope results day is pleasantly surprising
    Oh dayum, not you too! Language didn't go well then? Or still just worried about markers screwing you over?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dayum, not you too! Language didn't go well then? Or still just worried about markers screwing you over?
    lang went very well actually! much better than january. and my teacher reassured me that my coursework was excellent so i needn't worry about even getting a decent A in the exam for an A*.

however, i have a deep distrust of the combined forces of AQA and OCR. if there's a way of screwing me over and making me fork out well into the hundreds of £ for remarks, the exam boards will find a way of doing it. if they fancy ****ing up eng marking as badly as they did in jan and then hiking up chem grade boundaries, i'll be ruined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyam)
    You seem pretty sure of your grades? :s
    A2: A*A*A* predicted
    So do you

With STEP you can just tell how well you've done

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY finished exams!! woop
    fingers crossed now! good luck everyone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.