Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any one got an offer for economic history?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from BMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C7jnr)
    Any one got an offer for economic history?
    I'm applying for Econ History and I have seen 1 or 2 offers for it One of the applicants was post-A Level and I think the other one was doing Econ History and Economics but it is handled by the history department!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErHi?)
    I'm applying for Econ History and I have seen 1 or 2 offers for it One of the applicants was post-A Level and I think the other one was doing Econ History and Economics but it is handled by the history department!
    I applied yesterday, I have an A* A B prediction with ACC at As, is that good enough do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valerab)
    The funny thing is, is that my course isn't that popular in 2012 it only had 180 applicants and 14 places. I haven't even seen/heard of anyone applying for it apart from me lol
    Yeh, seems like an interesting course, would have thought there would be some more people applying but perhaps you're in luck - what A-levels did you take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C7jnr)
    I applied yesterday, I have an A* A B prediction with ACC at As, is that good enough do you think?
    You succeed their entry requirements which is good I'd say with a decent PS you're in with a good shot! It also depends on the calibre of applicants this year but usually this is one of the courses with a low applicant to offer ratio, if you class 8:1 as low :P

I got AAAC at AS with an A*AA prediction and I applied on the 13th October so it's been a looong wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErHi?)
    You succeed their entry requirements which is good I'd say with a decent PS you're in with a good shot! It also depends on the calibre of applicants this year but usually this is one of the courses with a low applicant to offer ratio, if you class 8:1 as low :P

I got AAAC at AS with an A*AA prediction and I applied on the 13th October so it's been a looong wait
    I tried being a bit tactical going for perhaps the easiest course to get into, but I'm worried it is too history orientated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C7jnr)
    I tried being a bit tactical going for perhaps the easiest course to get into, but I'm worried it is too history orientated
    If you're applying to LSE, no course is easy to get into Yes, it is a historical discipline! I don't think there's much teaching of new economic concepts but rather how ones have developed over time to the present day! What have you applied for at other universities then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Illusionist)
    Congrats!
    How far into your 5 week email were you when you received the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thx! I got my five week email on 31st of Oct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErHi?)
    If you're applying to LSE, no course is easy to get into Yes, it is a historical discipline! I don't think there's much teaching of new economic concepts but rather how ones have developed over time to the present day! What have you applied for at other universities then?
    PIE at KCL , economics and finance at Queen Mary, economics and business with Eastern European studies at UCL, Economics at Brunel. I know no course is easy to get into at LSE but In terms of entry requirements this course is the lowest for the economics related programmes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C7jnr)
    PIE at KCL , economics and finance at Queen Mary, economics and business with Eastern European studies at UCL, Economics at Brunel. I know no course is easy to get into at LSE but In terms of entry requirements this course is the lowest for the economics related programmes.
    oh nice I wouldn't have a clue about what your PS would need to be like tbh... I thought they were looking for someone who has more of an interest in the discipline of history rather than economics but I could be totally wrong and they find it fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silonthesofa)
    Good job. What course, if I may ask. I'm specifically looking to hear from IR people.
    I've applied for IR. Sent application on October the 15th, got my 2 week email 4 weeks ago and nothing since. Do post on this thread if you get a response, although no one seems to have for IR

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bird in water)
    Applied for Maths with Eco and got the offer today! Good luck for everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done. Do you mind telling us what your grades etc. are like?

(Original post by MrEconomics)
    That is bull****. You should have been offered a place straight away. Does this mean that during the 5 week stage in which everyone has the minimum requirements lse put most emphasis on personal statement/reference?
    Are you being serious? Of course they put more emphasis on the personal statement - they're known for being notorious this way.

I've applied this year with A*A*A*A* in maths, further, physics and econ, with a 98% UMS average that they know about. I haven't gotten any reply yet, therefore they must be assessing my personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisa96)
    Its been 4 weeks since I received my 2 week email for Law. Starting to get a bit worried now..
    Hey, I can definitely understand why you're a little worried. But you can find a little comfort in knowing that no lawyers (even those who have reached the end of the 5 weeks) have heard recently.

Best of luck with everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Illusionist)
    Haha, it's actually become Thursday and Friday, I just heard from a friend; he achieved an offer for Law and anthropology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    congrats to him! I'm applying for the same course. What were his as grades and predictions? Also, when did he get the offer; after the 5 week process had ended?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Well done. Do you mind telling us what your grades etc. are like?

Are you being serious? Of course they put more emphasis on the personal statement - they're known for being notorious this way.

I've applied this year with A*A*A*A* in maths, further, physics and econ, with a 98% UMS average that they know about. I haven't gotten any reply yet, therefore they must be assessing my personal statement.
    AAAA in AS Maths, FM, Chemistry, Biology
    predict 4A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    Were they mentioned on your reference?
    Not specifically although it did include that I had the highest UMS for Economics and Politics in my college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yxcai)
    Anyone heard back from BMS?
    I'm still waiting

ReputationRep:
    Nop. 3 weeks into the 5 week email

ReputationRep:
    So how's LSE Friday going for people? Anyone heard something?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.