Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    I'm applying for General Primary there. What are you applying for?
    Im applying for Secondary Business, my cousin done primary last year so she given me so e tips on the interview ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    Im applying for Secondary Business, my cousin done primary last year so she given me so e tips on the interview ;-)
    Cool, good luck.

Just had a reply back from my school referee, she has received the email. No word on when she'll be doing my reference though! Ah well

ReputationRep:
    Need some advice about my references.

I gave my principal reference 5 weeks notice and my secondary about 3 weeks notice for their references. Sent my application in on Thursday about 1pm, heard nothing from them, not even an acknowledgement, for the rest of Thursday and Friday. My skills test is tomorrow and I thought I wouldn't be able to take them without the references so I emailed both on Saturday to ask if they could complete their references by Thursday otherwise I wouldn't be able to take the tests. Neither of them have replied and it's now Wednesday but I'm assuming they've read the emails and just not replied as they've always replied to my previous emails in about an hour. I've rang the skills test helpline and they said I can take my skills tests without the references, but I'm not going to tell my references that because I still need my application in ASAP! So for them their deadline is tonight and they still haven't done them. Should I send them another email today to remind them? I don't want to be pushy but I'm getting really worried as people are getting interviews and my references aren't even replying to me even though they were both more than happy to do the references

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    Oh ok, where are you at the moment then? Try to think positively you'll be fine I've got mine booked for Monday so hopefully I pass them ready for Wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm in Spain, not too bad.
    Ooh good luck on your skills tests!

ReputationRep:
    Yay paid and sent!

ReputationRep:
    I rang Sunderland Uni and there interview dates for business are in January, then they emailed me back asking what date in January I'd like my interview????? But I haven't had a welcome pack yet? I'm confused, they mustn't have many applicants so they must interview individuals not groups.

ReputationRep:
    facebook.com/Replacement.Certificates - A-levels/ GCSEs/ NVQ's/ BTEC/ Vocational skill certificates replacements and much more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Recipient022)
    facebook.com/Replacement.Certificates - A-levels/ GCSEs/ NVQ's/ BTEC/ Vocational skill certificates replacements and much more!

Do you have to provide you GCSE Certs? I thought if you'd done you degree that's what they would want proof of not GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to provide you GCSE Certs? I thought if you'd done you degree that's what they would want proof of not GCSE?

You have to have GCSE English and Maths above C to get onto a course, and also C in science for primary and you have to take original certificates to interview. My courses are asking for A-level certificates too, not sure if that is the case for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    You have to have GCSE English and Maths above C to get onto a course, and also C in science for primary and you have to take original certificates to interview. My courses are asking for A-level certificates too, not sure if that is the case for everyone.
    yeah I have all the GCSE requirements, but my Uni dosnt say anything about taking Certs to interview. Think ill email them.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, just wondering whether anyone has applied to/ heard from Chichester, Brighton or Sussex unis yet?? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out about interview content?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zogs)
    How did you find out about interview content?
    Thanks
    I googled it and found a page from one of my unis with details and things to download. So if you google 'x uni pgce interview' something may come up

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at Reading but its a week today! So scared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarfliam)
    Ooh good luck!! Such little time. Get preparing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarfliam)
    That was quick!!!! Well done. When did you get your welcome pack from a UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    That was quick!!!! Well done. When did you get your welcome pack from a UCAS?

Mine hasn't arrived yet, Reading emailed me directly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    The Cumbria uni campus is actually in Lancaster, not Cumbria. I don't know if you've been to Lancaster but it's pretty nice. Accommodation is average for a student city, maybe 60-70 a week. Locals are friendly.

In terms of the work exp you quoted me about, I did it like this for example-
    Brown high school, brown road. 7/5/2013-13/5/2013. Observation of years 7-11.

I just did that for each one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lancaster has clobbled streets, right? It looks like a small market town rather than a city. :/
    Btw, how will they know if you did the minimum 2 weeks? From what I see above I see you did 6 days but in this case:
    Brown high school, brown road. 7/5/2013-27/5/2013. Observation of years 7-11.

How will they know if I did 15 days or just 4 days (one day per week).

I am asking because the above is my case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    Is the personal ID for track different to the personal ID on our emails?
    I think so, seeing as the personal ID for track & the ones we had for applying don't work. I've tried singing in with my email/password/personal ID in the email, but no luck! Just have to be patient and wait for the welcome letter, although UCAS say they do email the welcome letters to you as well. Whether this is true, idk!

Scroll down to where it says 'waiting for a UCAS Welcome letter?' (though there are links to other useful tidbits as well)

http://inagist.com/all/405313193326542848/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Lancaster has clobbled streets, right? It looks like a small market town rather than a city. :/
    Btw, how will they know if you did the minimum 2 weeks? From what I see above I see you did 6 days but in this case:
    Brown high school, brown road. 7/5/2013-27/5/2013. Observation of years 7-11.

How will they know if I did 15 days or just 4 days (one day per week).

I am asking because the above is my case.
    Yeah if you want to stay in a place with a big city feel, don't go there. It is a market town. Depends what you like. I won't be staying there if I get in, I live close enough to commute.

My example isn't actually what I did, it's just to demonstrate (I don't know where you got six days from). But anyway, so say you did one day per week like you did, I'd put:
    13/11/2013, 20/11/2013, 27/11/2013...and so on. So just list the dates separately.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.