Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missyeln213)
    Got a lovely spectrum of AS grades: ABCD.
    Hope that makes some people on here feel slightly better about themselves, haha.
    Take care, congrats on your grades, and look it this way - you can sing your results to the Jackson 5!
    My results for AS spell BAA - which is funny cause I am Welsh, hah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feel like the most unlucky person is the world!
    Missed my firm choice by ONE MARK.
    its getting remarked and the uni say if it's successful i'm in. (I'm highly doubtful about remarks though)

They offered me a different course so if it's not successful then that's an option.
    And i've got my insurance.
    But the longer I wait for the remark result, the worse my chances of getting decent/any accommodation for my insurance gets if that's what I decide to go with.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by projectile)
    'unconditional offer (firmly accepted)' for chemical engineering with a year in industry on UCAS!

this means I'm in? :confused:
    It certainly does, congratulations! :yep:

(Original post by Ray2013)
    Hey guys!

I just signed up here so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum or anything.
    I'm originally from outside the UK and came here for my Alevels and I just got my AS Results which are the following (I give the modules in brackets):
    Maths - A (A, A, A)
    Further Maths - A (A, A, C)
    Biology - A (A, A, A)
    Chemistry - A (A, A, A)
    English Literature - A (A, A)
    Business Studies - A (A, A)
    German - A* (A, A, A*, A*) (I took it in one year)
    Physics - B (A, A, B and 239/300 UMS!)

First of all, because I saw this here quite often, I really do not intend to brag or anything and I'm aware of the fact that I have good results; I'm sorry if somebody feels offended.
    But my question is: I want to apply for Medicine at Oxford, and of course its fiercely competitive, and I have loads of extracurricular stuff as well, competitions, etc. but I hear very often that getting the interview is ALL about the grades and they really look out for Bio, Chem, Maths and Physics. And know I have a B in Physics (by 1 UMS, I could kill right now ). I wrote a novel as a coauthor when I was 16, but will they actually bother about that if I apply for medicine ?
    I just really don't know if my chances are still good. Maybe some of you guys have some experience and can give me some clarity. I would be very thankful!
    Hope you all had great results!
    Amazing results, congratulations! That will definitely put you in a good place for applying to study medicine at Oxford. Work experience will also be very helpful. Things like writing a novel as a coauthor if it isn't related to medicine aren't really important when you'll have better things to talk about on your personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    Biology-A
    Chemistry-A
    Geography-A
    Maths-B
    I have done 3 weeks in a GDP, 3 Weeks in a private and 1 week in Oral surgery/ Maxillofacial. UKCAT being booked tomorrow!!
    Want to go into Dentistry!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    It certainly does, congratulations! :yep:

Amazing results, congratulations! That will definitely put you in a good place for applying to study medicine at Oxford. Work experience will also be very helpful. Things like writing a novel as a coauthor if it isn't related to medicine aren't really important when you'll have better things to talk about on your personal statement.
    Thank you very much ! Yup, got loads of work experience! Thanks for the advice ! So you think the B in Physics will not be important for Oxford ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzzmuzz)
    Heyaa, what you going to study. And have u heard back from accommodation
    Psychology and yeah, just got an offer from Glen Eyre today. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iambored)
    Not going to lie I am seriously depressed with my results...

Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Physics - B
    History - B

I also got 10 A*s at GCSE

I have been predicted AAA

Do you think I have a chance at going to Imperial, UCL, Oxford or Cambridge to do medicine? Or have my chances been ruined by my bad AS results??
    I would only drop Cambridge and opt for Oxford from that list as they like good GCSE results and yours are up there with the best, but your UMS marks might be a bit lightweight for Cambridge, otherwise who knows with a lot of hard work what you might achieve.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much ! Yup, got loads of work experience! Thanks for the advice ! So you think the B in Physics will not be important for Oxford ?
    Hi.

Did you do 8 AS levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura75)
    Feel like the most unlucky person is the world!
    Missed my firm choice by ONE MARK.
    its getting remarked and the uni say if it's successful i'm in. (I'm highly doubtful about remarks though)

They offered me a different course so if it's not successful then that's an option.
    And i've got my insurance.
    But the longer I wait for the remark result, the worse my chances of getting decent/any accommodation for my insurance gets if that's what I decide to go with.
    literally in the same situation, i got abb and both the b's were 2 off a's and they offered me a different subject aswell but it's a **** course i dont know, i think i'm just going to retake though and take a gap year. clearing is not an option
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't be an issue considering you have all your other grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    Hi.

Did you do 8 AS levels?
    Hey!
    Yes, I did, and I want to continue taking them on to A2. Hope it works out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priya777)
    I need some advise. I really did badly at my AS results today. I got c in further maths, c in biology, D in chemistry, and d in physics.
    Ive alwaysss wanted to do medicine, It's acctually my life. I would do anything to get into medicine, but right now, cause of these grades, im really not sure im gonna make it. Im considering retaking everything while continuing biology and chemistry at A2. But I would have to submit my AS results to ucas, which im scared about, as im pretty sure, they wont accept these grades... what do i do? i really need help

Im exactly the same i got a in french and all bs in bio chem maths and so badly want to do medicine. Do you think we should resit the year or some modules? also do you know which unis have low offers for medicine..or if any do?! aghhhh fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dyingslikeanart)
    literally in the same situation, i got abb and both the b's were 2 off a's and they offered me a different subject aswell but it's a **** course i dont know, i think i'm just going to retake though and take a gap year. clearing is not an option
    where is yours for? mines for Leeds.

I really don't know what i'm going to do
    would have been simpler if they'd have just rejected me or if i'd missed my offer by alot!

literally can't believe that one mark is going to determine so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzzmuzz)
    Woo got ABB. off to southampton to study biomed!! Any soton firmers??
    Well done! I'm confirmed for archaeology at Soton, I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Shouldn't be an issue considering you have all your other grades.
    That's a relief! Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    I ended up with a U in unit 3 and a D in unit 4 for general studies. And I was genuinely trying to answer the questions, anyone else done this bad in general studies? Maybe the examiner didn't like what I wrote. Couldn't care less about it now though, seeing as I was already doing 4 other A levels.

ReputationRep:

Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Physics - B
    History - B

Do you think I have a chance at going to Imperial, UCL, Oxford or Cambridge to do medicine? Or have my chances been ruined by my bad AS results??
    Don't worry - I was in almost exactly the same situation as you (I got AABB, but the A was by 1 UMS!). Got an offer from Oxford, and will now be going there in October! I also got 10 A* at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)
    Well done! You must be quite relieved. This is no dream though because I am conscious too
    Where u going??? ConGRATSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    Don't worry - I was in almost exactly the same situation as you (I got AABB, but the A was by 1 UMS!). Got an offer from Oxford, and will now be going there in October! I also got 10 A* at GCSE.
    Hey !
    congratulations on getting an offer from oxford! What will you be studying ?
    I wanted to ask you if you put into your personal statement that you got the B by only missing 1 UMS ? Because I'm in the same situation now and I'm not quite sure if I should mention it ...

ReputationRep:

Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Physics - B
    History - B

Personally I think UCL will be the only one you can have a good fair shot at. With ABBB, you would be extremely lucky if Oxbridge gives you an interview. But out of the two you would probably have a better shot with Oxford but still its slim. (sorry harsh truth)

Imperial is also tough but you should give it a go! Apply for them and jsut make sure you have a safe insurance.

If I were you, I would also consider retaking. Not so much the history as its not important to medicine but definitely the other ones!
    Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.