Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosine)
    Any year 13 first time applicants who still haven't heard???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes still waiting. Ucas tariff: 620 Ukcat: 802.5

ReputationRep:
    Guys, for the interview we just need our passport right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    Just passport, yep

ReputationRep:
    They didn't ask for mine when I went but bring it just in case.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how soon after interview we will get a rejection or offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badman101)
    Does anyone know how soon after interview we will get a rejection or offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They don't give out offers/rejections until all the interviews have been completed- so March

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know the dress code for the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Guys = Can't go wrong with a suit, even if you don't like them, wear one to be safe its only for a short while and shows you're serious.

Girls = dunno sorry

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what the standard offer is ? is it AAA or AAAA if you do 4 a levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosine)
    Any year 13 first time applicants who still haven't heard???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haven't heard from any of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello10902)
    does anyone know what the standard offer is ? is it AAA or AAAA if you do 4 a levels?
    It will never be AAAA. It would be just AAA (even if you're doing 4) or AAAC.

AAA or AAAC depends on if your AS levels are certified. If they are certified, you may just get AAA. This is just some information I came across, it may not be accurate.

However it will definitely never be AAAA.

ReputationRep:
    First time, Year 13 applicant. Received absolutely nothing, still waiting...

UKCAT: 725
    UCAS: 730 including 4A* predictions

ReputationRep:
    I know you can not say for certain but after an interview, in terms of making a decisions (i.e offer/rejection/waiting list) do they just solely look at your performance in the interview or do they consider your application as a whole?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the chances of getting in after interview?

ReputationRep:
    I know you can not say for certain but after an interview, in terms of making a decisions (i.e offer/rejection/waiting list) do they just solely look at your performance in the interview or do they consider your application as a whole?
    Went to the open day for this entrance cycle, and the head of admissions told us that they just look at your performance in the interview. Everyone gets a clean slate after selection for interview. Ucas points/UKCAT don't have an impact anymore. HOWEVER, the PS is used during the interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicia2908)
    does anyone know the chances of getting in after interview?
    Around 460 offers from 800 interviews. So after selection for interview, you have a 58% chance of being offered a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Went to the open day for this entrance cycle, and the head of admissions told us that they just look at your performance in the interview. Everyone gets a clean slate after selection for interview. Ucas points/UKCAT don't have an impact anymore. HOWEVER, the PS is used during the interview.
    Oh okay, thank you. Well there goes my offer...

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and gentlemen,

if you do anything worthwhile in your life it will be accepting and embracing the offer of a lifetime to come to Bart's.
    I saw some prospective fellows wandering around today. you have made the first step in the right direction.
    Bart's... (BAAAARRRTS) is incredible. Reject any other offer you may have and get your clever arses down here.
    The teaching, the socials, the camaraderie is unparalleled. ( and if you have Luke and Emma for your Bart's parents next term... well... treasure your livers now.) "God help you" from me dear friend.
    Luke: BARTS is literally the best place ever don't even contemplate all the other institutes that may tempt you with their boring prospectuses. BARTS is where you really want to be. Nail that interview and hope that you get Emma and I as your Bart's parents but wither way you will have the time of your life. Best place on earth, wouldn't have it any other way. BARTS!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND YOU WILL BE WONDERFUL.

A exhilarated 1st (and very intoxicated - don't worry i'm a med student? - first year)

XX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaOB)
    Ladies and gentlemen,

if you do anything worthwhile in your life it will be accepting and embracing the offer of a lifetime to come to Bart's.
    I saw some prospective fellows wandering around today. you have made the first step in the right direction.
    Bart's... (BAAAARRRTS) is incredible. Reject any other offer you may have and get your clever arses down here.
    The teaching, the socials, the camaraderie is unparalleled. ( and if you have Luke and Emma for your Bart's parents next term... well... treasure your livers now.) "God help you" from me dear friend.
    Luke: BARTS is literally the best place ever don't even contemplate all the other institutes that may tempt you with their boring prospectuses. BARTS is where you really want to be. Nail that interview and hope that you get Emma and I as your Bart's parents but wither way you will have the time of your life. Best place on earth, wouldn't have it any other way. BARTS!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND YOU WILL BE WONDERFUL.

A exhilarated 1st (and very intoxicated - don't worry i'm a med student? - first year)

XX
    Haha got my pumped for Barts. I literally have no clue what my first choice is. This has convinced me a bit. What's it like living in Whitechapel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Haha got my pumped for Barts. I literally have no clue what my first choice is. This has convinced me a bit. What's it like living in Whitechapel?
    Many of us fabulous first years don't live in Whitechapel! We live in Barbican, literally smack bang in the middle of London (5 minutes from St Pauls) It's an amazing place to live, you'll never get the opportunity to live so centrally - in fact I think we are the only people who actually live in 'The Square Mile' ( but because of this we see it as something that is, by all intents and purposes, our home ground) and it's not something to be sniffed at. Our friends that live in Whitechapel have a great time too...it's vibrant (Shoreditch is a stones throw away), lively and is home to the formidable Laird Hall (this is our famous Barts theatre at which a host of fantastic plays are performed alongside some first class heckling and cheap shots!)... LIKE THE CHEAPEST IN LONDON... I couldn't believe it during the fresher play.

So there's Dawson by Bart's hospital (gorgeous building... v old and grand) and Floyer by The London which is an institution to be marvelled at... when construction finishes it'll be the biggest in Europe.. (plus it's got HEMS... which, as students, you can get involved in) and somewhere that is treasured by the local population... East London has unique pathology that no other BRITISH medical school can offer... I'm sorry.. the emotion is too much... I've spoken to medic-friends of mine all over the country and i, we all, just get that feeelin of self-greatness that we have the best deal in all respects... you're an idiot if you're not considering BAARRRT's

(also do rowing ) no do hockey, rowing are ****!

.... Alpine are pretty cool too, but DANCE IS WHERE IT'S AT!!

(I'm a VEGAN and even I don't do Alpine )

Just... please.
    for your own good... APPLY BAAAART'SSSS... (and accpet ofc)

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXXXXXX

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.