GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread Watch

excaliburnus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pandorax)
..I thought it was diffusion?? D:
I'm reading about gas exchange right now and I think diffusion is right tbh... Oh well, I guess I lost a mark :P
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JazzyT17)
I know this a bit of topic, but how did you do in maths? I'm so worried about it. Did so bad :/
Aw don't worry about it, grade boundaries will hopefully be low & looking at mark schemes makes me feel optimistic because they give you marks for the smallest things. Um overall I think I got 170 and hopefully a few more other marks..

Posted from TSR Mobile
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JazzyT17)
Also the diving question I didn't compare it withe the fizzy bottle. Will I get marked down even though I includes the points ToLiveInADream said?
If you didn't compare it, what did you do? As long as you included bits from the box and drew conclusions, it should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
JazzyT17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
Aw don't worry about it, grade boundaries will hopefully be low & looking at mark schemes makes me feel optimistic because they give you marks for the smallest things. Um overall I think I got 170 and hopefully a few more other marks...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You did amazing! I got about 130 :/ I'm so disappointed because in all the past papers I was getting 80+ until that exam :/ I'm worried I won't even get an A now :/
JazzyT17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
If you didn't compare it, what did you do? As long as you included bits from the box and drew conclusions, it should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I included everything you pointed out and talked about the pressure which is kind of linking it but I didn't actually compare the bottle with the water and I remember it said compare so :/
Minerva98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pandorax)
..I thought it was diffusion?? D:
I put diffusion too :/
Pandorax
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LFC08)
I put diffusion too :/
yaay okay good XDD
Pandorax
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Person B was healthier right? And it was about diabetes for the graph and health questions?
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by azo)
I messed up the insectide question I put about interdependence and how a reduced number of insects will mean less food for other organisms rather than bioaccumulation
I get how this is wrong if you use insecticides it will kill insects and that is a food source. Removing food source affects other organisms(the question) because they will find it harder to survive and can starve :confused: I put about accumulation, interdependence and then related it all to a perfect closed loop system and how insecticides is like removing outputs and inputs so the ecosystem and hence organisms in it are affected, I also put about ecosystem services and how you are affecting plants because insects can pollinate (plants are organisms right?) So plants aren't fertilized as much, and knock on effect with food here

I found it really vague and initially had nothing to write and ended up with an essay
olmyster911
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did anyone mention bio accumulation for the insecticide question?

Also I put that the process involved in tissue fluid was the exchange of molecules (e.g. Oxygen & glucose)

Posted from TSR Mobile
123abcde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amyjonesx)
Me too i came out of the exam crying my eyes out as i saw the examiner lift my paper and saw them 5 marks walking away from me
such a stupid stupid mistake im scared i wont get an A/A* now
what was the last question anyone?
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by olmyster911)
Did anyone mention bio accumulation for the insecticide question?

Also I put that the process involved in tissue fluid was the exchange of molecules (e.g. Oxygen & glucose)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes and yes
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 123abcde)
what was the last question anyone?
Ticky boxe questions about microorganisms in industry and I think genetic modification(I don't remember for sure this one)
123abcde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lyricalvibe)
Ticky boxe questions about microorganisms in industry and I think genetic modification(I don't remember for sure this one)
was there a question on the back page because I didn't see one?
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 123abcde)
was there a question on the back page because I didn't see one?
Dw too much! Many people forgot it but yes, 5 marks, 2 ticky box questions
Minerva98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There was a question where you have to name the system in the glasshouses. Was it negative feedback?
corporal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who understood the six mark question helene? and what did you write
-sophia-
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LFC08)
There was a question where you have to name the system in the glasshouses. Was it negative feedback?
I put that! Just a guess though
corporal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LFC08)
Yes
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LFC08)
That question had me looking at it for a good few minutes! I don't allow myself to move on without answering but that's what I got in the end it was a part b to the question about temperature so I'm pretty sure that's correct unless theirs another system to do with temperature control...?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?