Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This includes me then. *watch.
    Btw, i'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and I am hoping to do Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellojadey)
    hello, i would like to get into medicine at Cambridge and i'm currently an AS student taking biology, chemistry, maths and geography. i know I need a lot of work experience but the problem is that all of the hospitals and other clinics have a 24-month waiting list for a week of placement. I literally tried to email every single department but i either got no answer or saying that they're full!! i have no idea what to do because time is running out and I'm starting to panic, any suggestions??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It doesn't have to be straight medicine shadowing. I had friends that had served tea on a ward or gone along to befriending sessions at the local age concern day centre or worked in a care home or with disabled children. Anything that you can talk about in a personal statement that shows caring and understanding of vulnerable people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i need help,

I want to apply for law at cambridge and am going to be applying as a gap year applicant. I wanted yout guys opinion of i would stand a chance with my grades.

Gcse: 4A* 5A
    A level: A*AA

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miladrises)
    Hi guys i need help,

I want to apply for law at cambridge and am going to be applying as a gap year applicant. I wanted yout guys opinion of i would stand a chance with my grades.

Thanks
    I'd say go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulecon12)
    I'd say go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    will they also look at how high my ums score was despite me already achieving A*AA grades?

ReputationRep:
    will they also look at how high my ums score was despite me already achieving A*AA grades?
    im guessing they probably would.

ReputationRep:
    You can always email them or ask at an open day
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yes they will.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i need help,

Thanks
    I take if these are your predicted A2 grades. What did you get for AS?

The average entrant gets 2.7A* so if you are applying with only one they will certainly want to see how well you performed. For "ranking" all you best three AS and A2 UMS will be used.

What AS and A2 subjects are you studying? What were your four GCSE A* in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the position on A level maths taken in Y12?

Natsci physical applicant doing FM and FM (add) in Y13

(Original post by Random1357)

They don't really care - but won't make allowances for a lower grade because it was taken early. As you are doing FM later on I would assume you will be completely fine.
    If you click on the 'Qualifications taken early' tab here you can see their full statement.
    http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad.../academic.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random1357)

(Original post by a_quiet_person)
    They don't really care - but won't make allowances for a lower grade because it was taken early. As you are doing FM later on I would assume you will be completely fine.
    If you click on the 'Qualifications taken early' tab here you can see their full statement.
    http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad.../academic.html
    They do care, they excluded my A* in maths a level done in y12 from my offer, I need A*A*A from my remaining A levels as well as the A* I've already got.

(Original post by TVIO)
    They do care, they excluded my A* in maths a level done in y12 from my offer, I need A*A*A from my remaining A levels as well as the A* I've already got.
    Oh - that sucks. I was always told it wouldn't matter :/
    Does that apply to every offer? what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velvetgh0st)
    Jocelyn Bell-Burnell was our special guest at our school prize day last year, I shook her hand

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WOW. I am insanely jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KythingToWrite)
    Yay for astrophysics!
    ... That's really all I wanted to say
    It's literally the best thing ever tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_quiet_person)
    Oh - that sucks. I was always told it wouldn't matter :/
    Does that apply to every offer? what did you apply for?
    No, it's not ALWAYS true. My mathmo friend for King's has an offer of A*A*A inc. the A* from last year (he also has STEP of course). I've gone for computer science with maths and I need A*A*A excluding maths a level and STEP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TVIO)
    No, it's not ALWAYS true. My mathmo friend for King's has an offer of A*A*A inc. the A* from last year (he also has STEP of course). I've gone for computer science with maths and I need A*A*A excluding maths a level and STEP.
    Although arguably they would have asked for A*A*A*A if not so no real advantage!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone booked some of the masterclasses??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeisenbergWW)
    Has anyone booked some of the masterclasses??
    I wanted to but both medicine and chemistry were fully booked!! What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azula)
    I wanted to but both medicine and chemistry were fully booked!! What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awww no, that's annoying :/
    I booked the Engineering and Physics ones

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.