Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    Lol you watch animie shows ima more of korean dramas
    KOREAN

DRAMAS

:sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noura*)
    Them ones lool. I can kinda brush if it's any girl (because Im strong black woman myself lolol) but when it's a fellow xaliimo it's a bit xanuun. I swear Ive always wanted like a Somali best friend but they most of them seem to have this non-existent beef with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wallahiiii I get ya, but there are some really cool ones aswell boo. Don't ya worry. I do sorta wish I had like a larger crowd that I could hang out with but only got a couple.

BTW when was the last time y'all went to a wedding... a somali one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    I DO!! Klaus is an amazing character. I belive it will start again in America in around 45 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
    have you seen the trailer? OH MY GOD amazing. and can we talk about marcel and klaus aaahhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    KOREAN

DRAMAS

:sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OMG do you k-dramas sheesh gyal THAT IS AWESOME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    Wallahiiii I get ya, but there are some really cool ones aswell boo. Don't ya worry. I do sorta wish I had like a larger crowd that I could hang out with but only got a couple.

Ive never been to a somali wedding

ReputationRep:
    KOREAN

DRAMAS

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What kdramas have you watched. i love all Asian dramas I've watched a few Taiwanese and one or two jap dramas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)

Last december i don't go to weddings unless its a close relative/family friend. None of my mates have married yet.

There's actually a somali wedding dvd on the tv as we speak :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    OMG do you k-dramas sheesh gyal THAT IS AWESOME
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    What kdramas have you watched. i love all Asian dramas I've watched a few Taiwanese and one or two jap dramas
    I love them. I watch them on vixx best website. recently I haven't watched them as my laptop broke.

my favourite ones are hana kimi (korean version), glorious day, and heartless city, aswell as secret garden.

how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar1)
    I feel sorry for guys who have their dm's/kik messages etc being exposed on twitter by the girls they were trying to chat up. They don't even bother to hide the guys name/face/number sometimes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Asalamu alaykum.

Broooooo... update us with some Somali politics on this thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar1)
    I feel sorry for guys who have their dm's/kik messages etc being exposed on twitter by the girls they were trying to chat up. They don't even bother to hide the guys name/face/number sometimes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    have you been a victim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love them. I watch them on vixx best website. recently I haven't watched them as my laptop broke.

my favourite ones are hana kimi (korean version), glorious day, and heartless city, aswell as secret garden.

how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Masters sun, playful kiss and boys over flowers, to the beautiful you and hana kimi (Japanese drama). i also have a new favourite Taiwanese drama called just you<3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Asalamu alaykum.

We are indeed missing the current affairs of somali, we need the ssomali correspondent vack

ReputationRep:
    Somal politics are so boring lol

ReputationRep:
    Asalamu alaykum.

Well Puntland has suspended all relations with the SFG and recalled all of its MP's who have returned. This was because of a new central state which would encompass Mudug and Galgaduud. Puntland controls and administers North Mudug, Galmudug the same with South Mudug. Negotiations have started with between them I believe.

This morning AMISOM and Somali gov troops took over the last Al shabaab held district in the Bakool region, Tiyegloow. Heavy fighting is still going on in the Bay region between Ethiopian Liyuu Police (Somali region of Ethiopia paramilitary) and Al shabaab. The Liyuu police have disarmed many Somali gov soldiers, accusing them of working with Al shabaab.

Khatuumo state have elected a new President (current MP in the SFG parliament) he has vowed to not negotiate with either Puntland or Somaliland.

The government has started disarmament operations in Mogadishu against warlords. Some of the heaviest fighting has been going on since Al Shabaab left the city. Old warlords being disarmed etc, huge caches of weapons being recovered. Weirdly enough the security in Mogadishu has improved after this.

A AMISOM and Somali gov offensive is set to start soon, Baraawe being the main target. They aim to recapture all al shabaab held districts in 2 months. Boko Haram and AQAP apparently have offices in Baraawe.

The clan situation in Merca is still tense but it has calmed down I believe.

Ahmed Abdi Haabsade has defected back to Puntland from Somaliland.

He was originally the Somaliland speaker of parliament from 1991-1998, 1998-2007 Puntland security minister and then the Somaliland information minister. His militia controlled the city of Las Anod back in 2007. He handed it, along with his militia to Somaliland when he defected.

The SFG has entered an agreement with Shell for it to return to its former blocks, pre 1991. Most of these blocks are offshore and located in Puntland. Puntland two years ago signed a agreement with Range Resources to explore there and says exploration ships will soon arrive.

A DNO oil exploration team was attacked by clan militias in Sool when they attempted to start work there. Somaliland signed a agreement with DNO to explore in that region.

The Soma Oil and Gas company has completed its 2D offshore seismic survey of Somalia. Results are yet to be released. It is believed the President met with several oil executives in Washington during the US Africa Summit.

On to good news, the refurbishment of Bosaaso airport has begun and a Chinese company is considering whether to build a new port there. The first Somali gas company has been established in Mogadishu, hopefully it will reduce the use of charcoal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    have you been a victim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah never.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar1)
    Well Puntland has suspended all relations with the SFG and recalled all of its MP's who have returned. This was because of a new central state which would encompass Mudug and Galgaduud. Puntland controls and administers North Mudug, Galmudug the same with South Mudug. Negotiations have started with between them I believe.

This morning AMISOM and Somali gov troops took over the last Al shabaab held district in the Bakool region, Tiyegloow. Heavy fighting is still going on in the Bay region between Ethiopian Liyuu Police (Somali region of Ethiopia paramilitary) and Al shabaab. The Liyuu police have disarmed many Somali gov soldiers, accusing them of working with Al shabaab.

Khatuumo state have elected a new President (current MP in the SFG parliament) he has vowed to not negotiate with either Puntland or Somaliland.

The government has started disarmament operations in Mogadishu against warlords. Some of the heaviest fighting has been going on since Al Shabaab left the city. Old warlords being disarmed etc, huge caches of weapons being recovered. Weirdly enough the security in Mogadishu has improved after this.

A AMISOM and Somali gov offensive is set to start soon, Baraawe being the main target. They aim to recapture all al shabaab held districts in 2 months. Boko Haram and AQAP apparently have offices in Baraawe.

He was originally the Somaliland speaker of parliament from 1991-1998, 1998-2007 Puntland security minister and then the Somaliland information minister. His militia controlled the city of Las Anod back in 2007. He handed it, along with his militia to Somaliland when he defected.

The SFG has entered an agreement with Shell for it to return to its former blocks, pre 1991. Most of these blocks are offshore and located in Puntland. Puntland two years ago signed a agreement with Range Resources to explore there and says exploration ships will soon arrive.

A DNO oil exploration team was attacked by clan militias in Sool when they attempted to start work there. Somaliland signed a agreement with DNO to explore in that region.

The Soma Oil and Gas company has completed its 2D offshore seismic survey of Somalia. Results are yet to be released. It is believed the President met with several oil executives in Washington during the US Africa Summit.

On to good news, the refurbishment of Bosaaso airport has begun and a Chinese company is considering whether to build a new port there. The first Somali gas company has been established in Mogadishu, hopefully it will reduce the use of charcoal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jazak'Allah khairun for this.

What position do you take in all of this and who do you believe is in the right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar1)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it an actual universal disarmament or is just against those the sfg sees as potential threat.
    Ps you don't disarm people by gunpoint, they should know better.

ReputationRep:
    Jazak'Allah khairun for this.

What position do you take in all of this and who do you believe is in the right?
    Your welcome bro.

I really don't have a position tbh. Every group in Somalia has faults. Let's just hope there is a viable political solution in Somalia before say oil exploration starts or AMISOM leave in 2016.

(Original post by Al-farhan)
    Is it an actual universal disarmament or is just against those the sfg sees as potential threat.
    Ps you don't disarm people by gunpoint, they should know better.
    I believe it is the SFG reducing the power of political rivals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar1)
    Your welcome bro.

I really don't have a position tbh. Every group in Somalia has faults. Let's just hope there is a viable political solution in Somalia before say oil exploration starts or AMISOM leave in 2016.

I believe it is the SFG reducing the power of political rivals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can see the oil bringing far more turmoil and regionalism/qabilism since its is going to clash with personal interests. I hope no oil revenue comes in before we have a strong patriotic central government that has some personal interests but still does some good for the people and country and use some of the revenue for building infrastructure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    I can see the oil bringing far more turmoil and regionalism/qabilism since its is going to clash with personal interests. I hope no oil revenue comes in before we have a strong patriotic central government that has some personal interests but still does some good for the people and country and use some of the revenue for building infrastructure.
    You've hit the nail. Our new attorney general was a former Ethiopian judge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.