Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    He also missed a sitter against you lot last season in the 2-1 loss as well! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which 2-1 loss, the one at the bridge or the one at the emirates because I remember him missing one in both games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Which 2-1 loss, the one at the bridge or the one at the emirates because I remember him missing one in both games.
    12/13 at the Bridge and at the Emirates. :rofl: the one at the Bridge Was basically the same as the one he missed this season and the one at the Emirates was when he made a bit of space for himself and spooned it into the North Bank and Arsene did a little pirouette in frustration! That game was dookie, Gervinho somehow slapping it into the top corner and Vermaelen going walk abouts!

Whereas Drogba could not help but score against up, Giroud is doing everything he possible can to ensure his shot doesn't find the back of the CFC net :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which one are you talking about? The game at the Emirates which finished 0-0 or the game at the bridge which finished 6-0 considering he didn't take his chance in either game.
    6-0. We'd probably still have lost but it would have been a whole different game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    6-0. We'd probably still have lost but it would have been a whole different game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, 6-1!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, 6-1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! lol
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    People not wanting Schneidy here anyway cos of his attitude towards Southampton. Fair point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    People not wanting Schneidy here anyway cos of his attitude towards Southampton. Fair point.
    It's quite disgusting lol. 6 years of service and now he's throwing his toys out of the pram. Glad we didn't get him he'd of probably snaked us too one day
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It's quite disgusting lol. 6 years of service and now he's throwing his toys out of the pram. Glad we didn't get him he'd of probably snaked us too one day
    But how could he tweet his discontent then go hand in a transfer request too? He's clearly got an air of arrogance about him. If he does come to us then hey I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I'd rather see us get someone else before ,like you said, he snakes us too one day! Feel it for the directors at Southampton, it's a lose lose situation with Schneiderlin, if he stays which looks unlikely (he's off to spurs?) he probably might not play to his best and if he leaves can they get a proper replacement of his abilities? I just hope Jay Rodriguez stays for the sake of the fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He has helped them get to the Premier League and probably doesn't feel he owes the club anything. It must be frustrating to see his teammates going on to bigger and better things, yet the club is trying to make him stay.

Put it this way: if you had been with the same company for 6 years and they paid you £20k a year, would loyalty enter your thinking if a competitor came along and offered you £40k a year to do the same job? I know who I'd choose to work for.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)
    He has helped them get to the Premier League and probably doesn't feel he owes the club anything. It must be frustrating to see his teammates going on to bigger and better things, yet the club is trying to make him stay.

Put it this way: if you had been with the same company for 6 years and they paid you £20k a year, would loyalty enter your thinking if a competitor came along and offered you £40k a year to do the same job? I know who I'd choose to work for.
    Very true and certainly understandable but well yeah there's a certain way to do things.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah but there's a certain way to do things you get me.
    There's a certain way for clubs to do things, too; telling the media that a player isn't leaving isn't that way. Maybe he is throwing his toys out of his pram but I don't think we can jump to that conclusion or, indeed, any conclusions about his attitude, based only on this transfer saga.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)
    There's a certain way for clubs to do things, too; telling the media that a player isn't leaving isn't that way. Maybe he is throwing his toys out of his pram but I don't think we can jump to that conclusion or, indeed, any conclusions about his attitude, based only on this transfer saga.
    Lol damnit you quoted prior to my editing

Anyway, there wasn't much he could do though, he was trying to reassure the fans that the summer exodus won't include schneid and Rodriguez however he should have had a discussion prior with the players before doing that. I still don't agree with lashing out at your club via social media no matter what the situation. Handing in a transfer request conveys the message clear enough.

ReputationRep:
    Lol damnit you quoted prior to my editing

Anyway, there wasn't much he could do though, he was trying to reassure the fans that the summer exodus won't include schneid and Rodriguez however he should have had a discussion prior with the players before doing that. I still don't agree with lashing out at your club via social media no matter what the situation. Handing in a transfer request conveys the message clear enough.
    In fairness Southampton should have put their foot down with Shaw and Chambers they've barely been in the first 11 for a year. Schneiderlin has been there since Southampton League one days. He's given loyal service deserves a move.

Although his "I'll never force a move, I want a good deal for all parties" rhetoric kinda backfired on him though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, 6-1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We ain't thrashed a team for a while so that game felt good. Lol'ed at the people thinking Chelsea would go for the draw that game.

Still the Wigan thrashing and the Aston Villa thrashing was better. Nothing better than winning a game 8-0. It feels different to the 5-0 type spankings. The clean sheet is more important though.

When was the last time Arsenal spanked somebody(i.e. over 5-0) I think there was the Blackburn game but I don't remember any other in recent memory.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I agree with Schneiderlins actions and i would do the same. If you've been at a club for 6 years and helped the club get to the premier league and it's clear you now have the opportunity to move on to bigger and better things yet they stop you. That's poor imo. So what if these ****, dom and Harry's have left, you don't go out publicly saying he can't leave no matter how many people have already left the club. They let all these other players get their dream moves but wanna halt when one of their longest serving players wants to move on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    In fairness Southampton should have put their foot down with Shaw and Chambers they've barely been in the first 11 for a year. Schneiderlin has been there since Southampton League one days. He's given loyal service deserves a move.

Although his "I'll never force a move, I want a good deal for all parties" rhetoric kinda backfired on him though

Aw that's sad really, when did he say this lol?

ReputationRep:
    We ain't thrashed a team for a while so that game felt good. Lol'ed at the people thinking Chelsea would go for the draw that game.

Still the Wigan thrashing and the Aston Villa thrashing was better. Nothing better than winning a game 8-0. It feels different to the 5-0 type spankings. The clean sheet is more important though.

When was the last time Arsenal spanked somebody(i.e. over 5-0) I think there was the Blackburn game but I don't remember any other in recent memory.
    Nah we havnt. Not since the 6-1 win over Southampton in the 12-13 season.. I can't remember any other after that :/

This is why I say that we need someone else with or in place if Giroud.. As good as he is.. He's not lethal enough to punish a team.

ReputationRep:
    On another note, as sexy as Chambers looks (no homo), does this mean Verm is pretty much leaving?

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1406735244.655875.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  18.7 KB

Why the number 5 :/

ReputationRep:
    Wenger aesthetics crew.

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's sad really, when did he say this lol?
    "We know that top teams are watching us. As long as we don’t receive a concrete offer and as long as the club says that they won’t sell us… I will never force a transfer. I think that no player is bigger than the club. If a player wants to leave, the club will get good money for it. It should be a win-win situation"

Source: From a pretty extensive interview for a French football magazine done in April 2014 http://www.hat-trick.fr/morgan-schne...shadow-worker/

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.