Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procrastinator123)
    Did anyone slightly miss the conditional offer and still get in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was meant to get AAB but I still managed to get in with ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordScumbag)
    Unfortunately I lack the capacity to read up the thread, haha. Thanks for clarifying a second time for my silly head.
    Haha, to be fair, posts can get buried pretty quickly in fast moving threads like this.

ReputationRep:
    Already getting invites to go to #FRESHERSEVENTSYEM8 -- paying to go into a scorching hot room with sticky floors to listen to awful music at volume that's just a bit too loud to be comfortable and not be able to speak.

Why would anyone want to do that?

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying philosophy and politics.

Do we have to come in for freshers? I won't have moved up there by then because I'm not living in halls so can't we just turn up on 22nd when lectures start? I don't really want to spend a week going clubbing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katearch)

Do we have to come in for freshers? I won't have moved up there by then because I'm not living in halls so can't we just turn up on 22nd when lectures start? I don't really want to spend a week going clubbing...
    You might find that your course runs things like introductory presentations etc. during Welcome Week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1x12)
    Any Biomedical Science people out there
    Just ordering my lab coat its all so real now :O
    I'm doing Biomedical Science! Have you applied for halls?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone holding a place for Psychology? I'm so happy I got in!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela_d)
    Hey there, I never actually received an email like this even though my offer has been unconditional for a good month now..do you think I should email them and ask about it? Thanks

(Original post by Kpowz)
    Same here got an unconditional, and haven't received any email at all, guessing they could be waiting until after the results now.Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's probably worth emailing your school about what to do next. Mine came directly from the Social Science department so it could just be that the different schools are doing things differently.

While you're waiting for that the university welcome site has some information - http://www.welcome.manchester.ac.uk/getready/

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:

I'm doing politics & IR, with the welcome email there was a Welcome Week time table and there are introductory lectures and module selection stuff going on from the 15th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckieeR)
    I'm doing Biomedical Science! Have you applied for halls?
    Yay course fwends
    Yeah I have sheavyn* house is my first then richmond, whats yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subject_delta)
    Already getting invites to go to #FRESHERSEVENTSYEM8 -- paying to go into a scorching hot room with sticky floors to listen to awful music at volume that's just a bit too loud to be comfortable and not be able to speak.

I honestly have no idea! Glad to see I'm not the only person who isn't a fan of that sort of thing!

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow soon-to-be Manchester freshers.

I'm over-the-moon to have secured my place this morning.

I'll be reading Politics and Modern History.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaBoot)
    I honestly have no idea! Glad to see I'm not the only person who isn't a fan of that sort of thing!
    Fancy a drink at a pub when everyone else is clubbing? haha

ReputationRep:

Heeey course mate I'm doing P&P too!! I got an email with a welcome week timetable attached to it with things like school subject talks, academic advisor meetings and course unit selcetion drop-ins, so maybe it's worth coming in? :/

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, has anyone accepted their accommodation offer yet? I just made my prepayment but don't have an email yet to confirm it...

ReputationRep:
    Had my place for Politics and Modern History confirmed earlier. Waiting on on accommodation now, can't wait

ReputationRep:
    got onto politics and IR woo excited!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing PPE here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StartingTheParty)
    Anyone doing PPE here?
    I'm doing PP but not the E :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subject_delta)

ahah yeah I totally agree with you, I'm like nah not interested...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.