Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,
    was just wondering for the tectonics 40 marker
    I wrote majority of my essay on volcanoes, but then for some reason wrote some on earthquakes, how badly will this affect my mark, only a bit of it tho.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allyd9)
    For the world cities 10 marker I think I messed it up, is property led regeneration of London Thames gateway wrong? I don't think I answered it as it said city centre and I described general impacts etc😑
    I wrote both property led and patnership scheme 😑

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JgR1997)
    I wasn't so sure about the map showing Japanese knotweed, it asked describe, no problem with that, but comment? How exactly are you supposed to comment when it is only showing the distribution increase, I was afraid to make comments not about it because previously they have scrutinised students for saying things which aren't shown in the resource, I still said about clearly they are more adapted/reproduce quicker otherwise wouldn't have spread so quickly, could have spread via route ways, out compete native species, the climate may be suitable etc etc
    I put;
    Described overall pattern of figures in relation to how distribution and density changes over the period of time
    Where they're most dense - Midlands, south
    Sparse distribution in north
    How they appear on remote islands - they spread via rhizomes through water
    How they travel - route ways

There wasn't a lot you could really write about

ReputationRep:
    For some bizarre reason i didnt include paragraphs for the 2 25 mark sections. Idek why i just completely forgot lol i used them for the 40 marker. Do you know how much that will effect my marks?

ReputationRep:
    Guys we all messed up the 10 marker for world cities, I wrote about Manchester city centre and it's probably not right

ReputationRep:
    For the world cities 10 marker I think I messed it up, is property led regeneration of London Thames gateway wrong? I don't think I answered it as it said city centre and I described general impacts etc😑
    I talked about both property led and partnership redevelopment, and so did quite a few people on here and at my sixth form, so I think it is correct.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to put the number of booklets I used on the front of my answer booklet

ReputationRep:
    just checked the book and there's nothing glaringly obvious about city centre redevelopment.

Only did park hill in Sheffield as the case study mentioned the city centre went into decline.

Oh well! all done and dusted nothing to do but pray on the 18th..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeaSquab)
    I talked about both property led and partnership redevelopment, and so did quite a few people on here and at my sixth form, so I think it is correct.
    Did you talk about a specific city centre though? I was talking about the London Thames area so not sure

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god you have given me hope 😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsenal1997)
    hi guys,
    was just wondering for the tectonics 40 marker
    I wrote majority of my essay on volcanoes, but then for some reason wrote some on earthquakes, how badly will this affect my mark, only a bit of it tho.
    thanks
    The question specifically said "volcanic eruptions and associated hazards", and by associated hazards I don't think it means earthquakes. I didn't write a single word on earthquakes, so hopefully it wasn't relevant :/

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the 7 mark conflict question?

ReputationRep:
    I did my 40 marker on "Issues with multicultural societies" I did so well that I'm scared the examiner will think I'm racist.

ReputationRep:
    Did you talk about a specific city centre though? I was talking about the London Thames area so not sure
    Yeah I wrote about UDCs in London Docklands and Tyne & Wear, as well as Park Hill for partnerships. Hopefully it is right xD

ReputationRep:
    The 7 marker on conflicts about Crimea , Russia and Ukraine.. I totally blanked out on what is basis on conflict and then just talked about random stuff and didn't mention about territory, ethnicity etc. etc. I'm gonna get 0 right? Fml
    Other than that weather and tectonics essay was good

ReputationRep:
    The question specifically said "volcanic eruptions and associated hazards", and by associated hazards I don't think it means earthquakes. I didn't write a single word on earthquakes, so hopefully it wasn't relevant :/
    yeah I'm pretty sure it wasn't relevant, so the likelihood is they'll just cross it out and take into consideration the rest of the essay

ReputationRep:
    What you guys write for urban decline?? I think I confused urban decline with counter-urbanisation.... I said urban decline is business moving out of the city, leading to decline and high unemployment. Which eventually led to high crime rate and stuff. For characteristics, it is shaped like a 'doughnut'... Please tell me that I wrote the right things

ReputationRep:
    What did people say on the Hawaii question?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about the Albert Dock Liverpool property led regeneration scheme, and Liverpool one, so the property led stuff took place in the city centre, so I think I'll have still gotten at least some marks ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    I put;
    Described overall pattern of figures in relation to how distribution and density changes over the period of time
    Where they're most dense - Midlands, south
    Sparse distribution in north
    How they appear on remote islands - they spread via rhizomes through water
    How they travel - route ways

There wasn't a lot you could really write about
    Oh yeah I also talked about their rhizome structure which would clearly indicate Japanese knotweed is difficult to manage since their spread has been so rapid and in such a little time

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.