Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Forgot to say..

It's typical that Crystal Palace would beat us and then go lose to Sunderland the following game :rolleyes:
    Since Sunderland have got Allardyce, they're a much better side. Granted they have one of the worst sides in the league, but they're not an easy three points like they were at the start of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Since Sunderland have got Allardyce, they're a much better side. Granted they have one of the worst sides in the league, but they're not an easy three points like they were at the start of the season.
    Sunderland still had only won 1 in 4 games including a 6-2 thrashing.

Anyway my point was less about Sunderland and more about how it's a shame we couldn't beat Crystal Palace.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lovren LOVES Klopp he does. Absolutely LOVES him. Good to see.

“I think it is much easier to defend now because we are working much harder than before.

"We are, I would say, playing like a team now with everyone feeling comfortable. There were a couple of changes when I first came to the club and so many players have gone now. It feels like two different teams."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Lovren LOVES Klopp he does. Absolutely LOVES him. Good to see.

“I think it is much easier to defend now because we are working much harder than before.

"We are, I would say, playing like a team now with everyone feeling comfortable. There were a couple of changes when I first came to the club and so many players have gone now. It feels like two different teams."
    Still second on my "To sell list" after Mignolet. He's got a lot of work to do to redeem himself. I imagine he'd lose his spot to Sakho as soon as the latter is fit.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Still second on my "To sell list" after Mignolet. He's got a lot of work to do to redeem himself. I imagine he'd lose his spot to Sakho as soon as the latter is fit.
    We'll see how he gets on before the summer. With Skrtel ageing, I can see him being the first of our centre-backs shown the door to be honest.

Really looking forward to tonight. Klopp's got me excited about watching the Reds. I'm sitting in the Main Stand, though. FFS.

ReputationRep:
    We'll see how he gets on before the summer. With Skrtel ageing, I can see him being the first of our centre-backs shown the door to be honest.

Really looking forward to tonight. Klopp's got me excited about watching the Reds. I'm sitting in the Main Stand, though. FFS.
    Skrtel only turns 31 next month. We can easily manage with him for another 2-3 years. He's been our most consistent defender whether form (compared to Lovren) or injuries (compared to Sakho).

K.Toure will be the CB we let go next summer. After that Klopp will need to decide on a new 4th choice CB. I think we'll then replace the worst of our first choice CBs with a better purchase. Why sell Skrtel if Lovren isn't seen as the long term option?

Least you get to see the game at Anfield. Must be freezing cold though!

ReputationRep:
    Skrtel only turns 31 next month. We can easily manage with him for another 2-3 years. He's been our most consistent defender whether form (compared to Lovren) or injuries (compared to Sakho).

K.Toure will be the CB we let go next summer. After that Klopp will need to decide on a new 4th choice CB. I think we'll then replace the worst of our first choice CBs with a better purchase. Why sell Skrtel if Lovren isn't seen as the long term option?

Least you get to see the game at Anfield. Must be freezing cold though!
    I would love to see Agger back...

But is 30 now so probably won't happen. Aren't Llori and Wisdom potential CBs anyway? I like how Klopp emphasizes on training rather than buying. I hope the two makes the cut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    I would love to see Agger back...

But is 30 now so probably won't happen. Aren't Llori and Wisdom potential CBs anyway? I like how Klopp emphasizes on training rather than buying. I hope the two makes the cut.
    Agger was sold because his body just can't handle the premier league. He was a good enough CB to play in any top league but he went to play in the Danish league. Even then he didn't manage that many games last season I think.

ReputationRep:
    Agger was sold because his body just can't handle the premier league. He was a good enough CB to play in any top league but he went to play in the Danish league. Even then he didn't manage that many games last season I think.
    I thought it was because he couldn't understand why Rodgers benched him :confused:

“When you are a part of the starting eleven for several games in a row and the team have performed well, and you feel that you have played well, then you are left out of the team and don’t feel appreciated, it starts to get pray on your mind and you wonder.

“Then at the same time you see the statistics from your game – which are so important all around the world of football – and you don’t understand why you weren’t used more often.”

I think the official reason for leaving Liverpool was that he couldn't handle the "English Football"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...f-Rodgers.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    I thought it was because he couldn't understand why Rodgers benched him :confused:

“When you are a part of the starting eleven for several games in a row and the team have performed well, and you feel that you have played well, then you are left out of the team and don’t feel appreciated, it starts to get pray on your mind and you wonder.

“Then at the same time you see the statistics from your game – which are so important all around the world of football – and you don’t understand why you weren’t used more often.”

I think the official reason for leaving Liverpool was that he couldn't handle the "English Football"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...f-Rodgers.html
    Could well be. He did seem to pick up a lot of niggles. Sakho is going to be better for us now than Agger anyway.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Interceptions
    Under Klopp: 16 per game
    Under BR: 13.6 per game

Tackles
    Under Klopp: 28 per game
    Under BR: 22 per game

ReputationRep:
    Interceptions
    Under Klopp: 16 per game
    Under BR: 13.6 per game

Tackles
    Under Klopp: 28 per game
    Under BR: 22 per game
    What I found odd was under Rodgers, in his title challenge season, we actually did press high and intercept. Not sure why he changed from that after?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What I found odd was under Rodgers, in his title challenge season, we actually did press high and intercept. Not sure why he changed from that after?
    It's interesting.

I'm unsure whether it was a planned approach, a lack of desire among the side once Sturridge became injured and we lacked an effective talismanic presence in the final third, an amalgamation of the two, or the fact we didn't have the right personnel.

Losing Suarez and Sturridge both obviously had an effect.

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting.

I'm unsure whether it was a planned approach, a lack of desire among the side once Sturridge became injured and we lacked an effective talismanic presence in the final third, an amalgamation of the two, or the fact we didn't have the right personnel.

Losing Suarez and Sturridge both obviously had an effect.
    I guess when you go from Suarez to Lambert/Balotelli you have to accept you won't press from the front. But then why didn't we buy someone who we can press with or play Borini?

Anyway Klopp's approach to play has been much more like what I've wanted to see for a few years now so I'm happy.

Hoping we can start a good run of wins now. Klopp was saying it would be great to see us thrash an opposition team at Anfield.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hoping we can start a good run of wins now. Klopp was saying it would be great to see us thrash an opposition team at Anfield.
    This is the next step for sure.

I'm sick of us scoring and conceding within 15 minutes, or losing a late goal to a set-piece. There's such an inevitability about it all, and it's frustrating as ****.

This weekend was so different to that. I loved watching Liverpool, and I have done since we played Sion away (albeit we lost the Palace game, but I still felt entertained).

Off to the match shortly. Come on the Reds.

ReputationRep:
    This is the next step for sure.

I'm sick of us scoring and conceding within 15 minutes, or losing a late goal to a set-piece. There's such an inevitability about it all, and it's frustrating as ****.

This weekend was so different to that. I loved watching Liverpool, and I have done since we played Sion away (albeit we lost the Palace game, but I still felt entertained).

Off to the match shortly. Come on the Reds.
    So jealous! Not been to Anfield since February and probably not so likely to go again any time soon.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sturridge out with a foot problem.... watch him be out for 6 months.

Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Lucas, Allen, Milner, Ibe, Firmino, Benteke

Subs: Bogdan, Lallana, Can, Origi, Skrtel, Brannagan, Randall

Seems Coutinho not available, team changed last min?

ReputationRep:
    So jealous! Not been to Anfield since February and probably not so likely to go again any time soon.
    I'm on the way there as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Seems Coutinho not available, team changed last min?
    I was surprised to see him in the team, didn't he tweak his hamstring against City?

ReputationRep:
    I guess Coutinho is being rested for this weekend, no point risking him if he has a minor hamstring injury.

The team has more than enough quality to despatch Bordeaux. I'm hoping for a 3-0 win.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.