(Original post by Zacken)
    Once I do it tomorrow, will do! :yes:
    Cheers, would rep but TSR says no :colonhash:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Cause he wrote them
    He missed his requirements for Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    To get an A* in FM do you just need 90ums adverage over three second year exams or do you have to have FP2 and FP3?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I lose for question 4? i got up to where you had to use the chain rule but had no idea what to do so i had y*e^(2theta)=integral of e^(2theta)*sin(theta)

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I lose for using x instead of theta for 4b?

ReputationRep:
    Would be it wrong to take your P.I as this y= axe^-2u ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.M.Keynes)
    he did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackmleitch)
    To get an A* in FM do you just need 90ums adverage over three second year exams or do you have to have FP2 and FP3?
    270 UMS total between 3 A2 modules.

If you're doing FP2 and FP3, then you need a 270 total UMS from FP2, FP3 and one other (2)+ module (ie S2, M2, D2, M3 etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
    How many marks would I lose for question 4? i got up to where you had to use the chain rule but had no idea what to do so i had ye^(2theta)=integral of e^(2theta)*sin(theta)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edothero)

If you're doing FP2 and FP3, then you need a 270 total UMS from FP2, FP3 and one other (2)+ module (ie S2, M2, D2, M3 etc etc)
    I'm doing FP2/3 M2 and S2. So potentially I could be M2 S2 and FP3?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.M.Keynes)
    Oh really? Didn't know, cheers. Thanks for letting me know tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Major-fury)
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
    How many marks would I lose for question 4? i got up to where you had to use the chain rule but had no idea what to do so i had ye^(2theta)=integral of e^(2theta)*sin(theta)
    out of 7, you'd probably get 3.

That's my best guess.

ReputationRep:

Is it not possible to have for instance FP1, FP2, M1 at AS and FP3, M2, M3 at A2?

ReputationRep:
    out of 7, you'd probably get 3.

That's my best guess.
    ah okay thank you i was thinking i'd lose about 4 do you think i will get an a* / above 90ums provided that's the only mistake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackmleitch)
    I'm doing FP2/3 M2 and S2. So potentially I could be M2 S2 and FP3?
    Thanks
    If you're doing C3, C4, FP2, FP3, S2 and M2,
    then you would need 270 total between FP2, FP3 and either M2 or S2. As FP modules can't go into your normal Maths qualification.

If you're just doing FP2, FP3, S2 and M2
    then you would need 270 total between any three of those four.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confident in saying that that was a perfect paper. Bal Dhillon taught me university level mathematics enabling me to accomplish 100UMS in FP2. I'm so glad a question on Bernoulli numbers came up, easy marks. Let's hope for an easy question on the Riemann hypothesis in the upcoming FP3 exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Major-fury)
    ah okay thank you i was thinking i'd lose about 4 do you think i will get an a* / above 90ums provided that's the only mistake?
    If that's your only mistake, I'm pretty sure you'll get 90+
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    Is it not possible to have for instance FP1, FP2, M1 at AS and FP3, M2, M3 at A2?
    I believe that is possible, best checking with your exams officer though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    Well, it's not "at AS", you don't need three AS units in FM - you can have less than that. You can get 90% average across your three best modules not including FP2 and get the A* if that's what you're asking. In fact, you could get 90% across three applied A2 units and flunk both FP2/3 and still get an A* iirc.

ReputationRep:
    If that's your only mistake, I'm pretty sure you'll get 90+
    Well done!
    well i think it's my only mistake xD the only other thing i may have messed up on is the argand diagram or series. for the argand i didn't put the value of argument but just the position would i still get the 2 marks for it also for the series i think i may have

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.