The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Socychoictraphy
You're welcome!

And yeah, both of my explanations are for lynch mobs but i'm thinking of taking away one and adding a different explanation just to make that distinction clear. Is religious rituals a good one? Could i see your notes on that :biggrin:

I don't have religious rituals on a digital form of notes and there is not that much on it I don't think which is why I have the most on Lynch mobs, however, I do have an essay document on both Xenophobia and Lynch mobs if you would like that instead if you needed a different explanation??
Infidelity and jealousy are 'including' so can be asked for specifically, sport and warfare are only examples, the question may mention them but it doesn't mean you need to discuss them!
Original post by Tinksy
I don't have religious rituals on a digital form of notes and there is not that much on it I don't think which is why I have the most on Lynch mobs, however, I do have an essay document on both Xenophobia and Lynch mobs if you would like that instead if you needed a different explanation??

Yes if you could send that please it would be great!
Yes if you could send that please it would be great!

I'm not sure how good it is but you can use it to your freedom haha
Reply 1944
Original post by tiegan_hill
Unit 3: gender, relationships and aggression
Unit 4: schizophrenia, media psychology and research methods

anyone else doing these topics?

I'm doing the exact same but for unit 4 im doing depression instead of scizophrenia
Nobody else here doing cognition and development?
I've sent the e-mail.

But please do not worry! I'm almost 100% sure it would never ask for that specifically.

Questions on sexual selection can ask for infidelity and jealousy specifically because the specification states: Evolutionary explanations of human aggression, including infidelity and jealousy'.

For group aggression it uses the wording 'for example'. It's the same with social psychological theories. (For example, social learning theory and deindividuation theory - both of which the exam would never ask for specifically). :-)

Wait we only have to learn one of the social/deindividuation theories ?
Hey guys im doing factors influencing food and eating behavior do you think if i talk about mood and social influence with studies that support and challenge each thats ok?- or are they weak factors?

Thx
Original post by SunDun111
Wait we only have to learn one of the social/deindividuation theories ?

In theory, yes, however sometimes the question can ask you to discuss two or more social psychological theories of aggression. So obviously you would need to know them both :biggrin: (I think institutional aggression can be used as a social psychological theory but not so sure)
Original post by Tinksy
Pls can someone tell me what I need to cut out of this essay??? It's Evolutionary explanations on gender

wow! That was really well worded with every point in it. I feel like my essay quality is so low after reading this but do u have a structured essay to learn from for the exam because we are only suppose to invest about 30-40 mins per essay?
Original post by adtr0706
Nobody else here doing cognition and development?

i do! i thought i was the only one aha
Original post by l0nelynight
i do! i thought i was the only one aha

Aha, does seem to be the least popular topic in here
Original post by Hihihi123
Could I possibly pm you one of my essays to check? Again, I have no teacher so I've been going kind of blind this year... do you do the relationships topic? :smile:

For relationships, watch these for breakdown and sexual selection as they are the most likely essays this year, good luck (can't believe you didn't have a teacher... Where do you study, or is it home study?)

https://youtu.be/xV82gsXqeDY

https://youtu.be/nvq7CMr37nM
Original post by JunkoR.
wow! That was really well worded with every point in it. I feel like my essay quality is so low after reading this but do u have a structured essay to learn from for the exam because we are only suppose to invest about 30-40 mins per essay?

Thank you for taking the time to look! And yes roughly 30 mins per essay you're right, and this is my exact problem I'm having as all my model essays are that wordy and detailed and I don't quite know what I can take out and don't have to mention! haha
Reply 1954
Original post by Tinksy
No not at all, the only types of group display I have been taught is Lynch mobs and religious rituals :frown: oh gosh

I've only been taught sports and warfare?
Original post by Blonde_Pretzel
So you're the competition :-)
https://youtu.be/xV82gsXqeDY

Haha no competition, I'm just a student sharing my minimal knowledge! You're a teacher so you win haha
Original post by Tinksy
Thank you for taking the time to look! And yes roughly 30 mins per essay you're right, and this is my exact problem I'm having as all my model essays are that wordy and detailed and I don't quite know what I can take out and don't have to mention! haha

^^ you're welcome. its the same problem with me as well. I tend to overwrite because there are so many informations! my problem is my essays are too wordy and when i try to condense it, it lacks details which sucks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know approximately how many words we should be writing for a 24 mark essay, and how much should be ao1 and ao2?
Original post by NHM
If anyone wants any essays looking at/ marking id be happy to do it! - PM me

Hey can you take a look at my one for lifespan changes in sleep please?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Naveed Rahman
Haha no competition, I'm just a student sharing my minimal knowledge! You're a teacher so you win haha

What did you get at AS?????

Latest

Trending

Trending