Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do u think the grade boundaries will be higher than 170 for an A* because so many has found the paper easy compared to last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 135/136 altogether, would that be an A overall? 60 in 1 and 75 in 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ala23)
    can anyone please explain question on the fuel? i adding on the 2 journey to work and back and the parking fee but got something around 30?
    Do u remember what the question was? Because I need help with that as well lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovedMasterMike)
    For question 3, I PUT x=37/4 INSTEAD OF 9.25. Will I still get all the marks???
    I am not sure. I thought that because it is a calculator exam you had to put it as 9.25 you will deff get most marks. If not all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsteacherwess)
    Yes you get the marks for that
    You'd probably lose one mark but I think you'd get full.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

ReputationRep:
    Could someone kindly provide the working out for question 17, the trigonometry and Pythagoras theorem one?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I could get 3/6 marks if I only worked it out until the 40.0052 degrees part?

ReputationRep:
    Well I think the only question I got wrong is question 21....on which I put 14.4 as the greatest. I'm not sure.

About the last one I got 80.1 and did get 80.4 while checking in the other way. I think it's only a matter of how precisely you keep your previous calculation. I kept previous figures to 2 decimal places and got 80.1 'n confident that my process can't be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think the only question I got wrong is question 21....on which I put 14.4 as the greatest. I'm not sure.

About the last one I got 80.1 and did get 80.4 while checking in the other way. I think it's only a matter of how precisely you keep your previous calculation. I kept previous figures to 2 decimal places and got 80.1 'n confident that my process can't be wrong. I reckon the examiner will allow a range for the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Do u remember what the question was? Because I need help with that as well lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by ala23)
    can anyone please explain question on the fuel? i adding on the 2 journey to work and back and the parking fee but got something around 30?
    okay so the question was how much did it cost every week..and they gave u this info
    parking costs 3.50
    he travels to work and back from there to home
    to work is 18 miles
    45.2 miles is 1 gallon
    1 gallon is 4.546
    1litre costs 136.9 pence

Parking is 3.50 * 5 = 17.50 - put that to the side
    travel to work is 18 * 2 (to work and home) * 5 which is 180 miles
    do 180/45.2 to find how many gallons that is and its 3...something, keep the number and dont round it off
    do the answer for the top part * 4.546 to find out how much litres
    the answer is around 18... something, again dont round it off. use the answer for the next part (18...) and multiply it by 136.9 pence
    divide the answer from that by 100 to get it in pounds, the answer for that is 24.7837460177. You obviously can not round that down to 24.78 because the extra part doe snot just disappear so you round it up to 24.79. Then you do 24.79 + 17.50 and u get 42.29..
    right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yakaderi)
    Do you think I could get 3/6 marks if I only worked it out until the 40.0052 degrees part?
    I was told this is 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djstacks)
    For the stratified sampling i rounded 10.8 to 10 instead of 11, will i lose a mark?
    I done the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Wasn't the last question like 1/2 * 7 * 8 Sin(X) = 18

56Sin(x) = 36

Sin^-1(36/56) = X

x = 40

???

I think I did it wrong then.
    i did the exact same. do we atleast get a single mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erodedsoul)
    Same, the paper was pretty easy but I did rush at the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I think the only question I got wrong is question 21....on which I put 14.4 as the greatest and got answer
    28.75 instead. I'm not sure.

About the last one I got 80.1 and did get 80.4 while checking in the other way. I think it's only a matter of how precisely you keep your previous calculation. I kept previous figures to 2 decimal places and got 80.1 'n confident that my process can't be wrong. I reckon the examiner will allow a range for the answer.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember how to do the colins car journey qeustion i cant remember what i put and its bothering me (like worked example or the seperate prices of parking and petrol)

ReputationRep:
    I got half of them wrong so gutted

ReputationRep:
    How much for a C

ReputationRep:
    that was to find the bottom right angle originally labeled C, you had to find the top angle after that using the cosine rule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarxScreamx)
    i did the exact same. do we atleast get a single mark?
    you will get 1 maybe 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    Ok I found an unofficial markshemeName:  CkhMO8GXIAAUj5Y.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  91.2 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.