The I-SOC (Islamic Society) XIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faith...)
    HAnwar

Can't quote you for some reason

such is life. But when it has too many downs, then we got problems

what's wrong? Will make du'a, insha'Allah.

Im Ok most of the time.... just feel empty and lacking direction sometimes

yeah, im scared about how hard it's gonna be. I didn't do nuttin for the first year until like April

yeah, same here. would like to see all the mandems i met in first year again
    Just family stuff. Don't wanna say too much.
    JZK.

Try and keep yourself busy.

Lol same. Most of my assignments were submitted couple of minutes before the deadline. No more last minute person tho.

I would prefer not to see some people lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Just family stuff. Don't wanna say too much.
    JZK.

Try and keep yourself busy.

Lol same. Most of my assignments were submitted couple of minutes before the deadline. No more last minute person tho.

I would prefer not to see some people lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok, I understand. May Allah swt resolve your situation, and make it a means of expiation of any sins, ameen thumma ameen

yeah, when i have too much time on my hands, i tend to think way too much about life and stuff. makes me worry and stuff

tbh, first year has been a bit of a joke. I feel like they made it a bit too easy. I did some essays in like an hour, with very little effort and care and still got >60%

im expecting a massive jump, especially with the chemistry modules :argh::afraid:

what people. what did they do to you lol xD

if you got girl beef, you know who to call, sis

ReputationRep:
    (Abu) Khalid Al-Walibi narrated from Abu Hurairah and he (one of the narrators) said: “I do not know except that he attributed it to theProphet (ﷺ)” – “Allah says: ‘O son of Adam, devote yourself to My worship, and I will fill your heart with contentment and take care of your poverty; but if you do not do that, then I will fill your heart with worldly concerns and will not take care of your poverty.’”

Sunan Ibn Majah

Hasan - Darussalam

ReputationRep:
    On the authority of Abu Umamah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:Truly, of those devoted to Me, the one I most favor is a believer who is of meager means and much given to prayer, who has been particular in the worship of his Lord and has obeyed Him inwardly1, who was obscure among people and not pointed out, and whose sustenance was just sufficient to provide for him yet he bore this patiently. Then the Prophet (ﷺ) shook his hand and said: Death will have come early to him, his mourners will have been few, his estate scant.

1 i.e. he has not been ostentatious in his obedience.

Hadith Qudsi

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  46.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  82.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 66
Size:  114.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 66
Size:  112.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    This is a 1 man ISOC, fam!

ReputationRep:
    Any duas for exams?

ReputationRep:
    This is a 1 man ISOC, fam!
    Brother Q you are a changed man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILikeMintTeaM8)
    Hi
    Hey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILikeMintTeaM8)
    Brother Q you are a changed man.
    Indeed, but how specifically?

Also, who are you?

Depression is what brought me back. The comfort, hope, reassurance and peace I find in Islam, I don't find anywhere else.

Alhamdulillah for imaan. You dont realise how precious it is until you lose it

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I understand. May Allah swt resolve your situation, and make it a means of expiation of any sins, ameen thumma ameen

yeah, when i have too much time on my hands, i tend to think way too much about life and stuff. makes me worry and stuff

tbh, first year has been a bit of a joke. I feel like they made it a bit too easy. I did some essays in like an hour, with very little effort and care and still got >60%

im expecting a massive jump, especially with the chemistry modules :argh::afraid:

what people. what did they do to you lol xD

if you got girl beef, you know who to call, sis
    JZK means a lot.

Well you'll get busy with uni now so you'll be occupied with that

Lol that's good but that won't work for this year.
    Nah it's the biology part I don't like.

Lol what you gonna do :rolleyes:
    It's nothing personal, I just dislike the disruptive ones which usually tends to be the guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Assalamu alaykum

ReputationRep:
    Remember your contemporaries who have passed away and were your age. Remember the honors and fame they earned, the high posts they held, and the beautiful bodies they possessed. Today all of them are turned to dust. They have left orphans and widows behind them, their wealth is being wasted, and their houses turned into ruins. No sign of them is left today, and they lie in dark holes underneath the earth.

Picture their faces before your mind's eye and ponder.

Al-Ghazali

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Deeds without sincerity are like a traveller who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit.

Ibn al Qayyim

Peace be upon all.

I haven't been on this forum for some time now and would like to post one of the most profound statements I have read concerning self humility with respect to the Al Mighty.

"Were it not incumbent on me to obey thy command, I would declare thee far too exalted for my worship"

ReputationRep:
    :curious::eyeball:
    :gangster:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.