Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I hate Thursdays, 1 module, 3 of the most boring lectures with the least enthusiastic lecturer. :sigh:

Thank god for a 2hr break.
    I got my timetable, it's not too bad for me, 3 hours on Monday 2 on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and I get Wednesday off!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I got my timetable, it's not too bad for me, 3 hours on Monday 2 on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and I get Wednesday off!
    :mad:

Monday: 4 lectures, 2hr lab
    Tuesday: 4 lectures
    Wed: 2hr lab
    Thurs: 3 lectures
    Fri: 2x2hr labs

+ 20mins per day for team meeting. Just over 20hrs per week

ReputationRep:
    :mad:

Monday: 4 lectures, 2hr lab
    Tuesday: 4 lectures
    Wed: 2hr lab
    Thurs: 3 lectures
    Fri: 2x2hr labs

+ 20mins per day for team meeting. Just over 20hrs per week
    what the hell do you study?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by *absinthe*)
    what the hell do you study?
    3rd year Applied Computing at Dundee. (aka Comp Sci)

(Original post by dhr90)
    I'll be home at half 3 if you want to play spec ops then, too tired for this last lecture of the day.

ReputationRep:
    It would be a bit pointless using a N adapter with a G router. It would work afaik but you wouldn't be using it to full potential.

A G adapter should cost ~£15 online, doubt it will be that cheap in PC world etc.
    Okay so I tried reinstalling the drivers again. I downloaded and saved the new copy. Uninstalled all Belkin drivers and files then reinstalled the new ones, but when it asks me to reconnect the USB adapter a Windows message pops up asking to search for the drivers, I have tried all file locations and none of them work. Later, randomly a Belkin successful install driver appeared, but it hasn't worked as the computer will no longer even search for a network.

What should I do?

I have found a Tenda w3992p wireless n wifi pci thing for a desktop from ebuyer for £17. Will this fix my problems? Does adding stuff to those slots void warrenties that aren't with the manufacturer?

Alternatively will my Belkin thing work if I take the desktop downstairs and use a ethernet cable to connect to the router and let windows find the drivers itself? I'd like to avoid this as it will be very annoying! Thank god a PS3 has a browser to get online!

I may be online still at 3.30, need to go buy some food first though so likely to be closer to 4pm or later I think.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Okay so I tried reinstalling the drivers again. I downloaded and saved the new copy. Uninstalled all Belkin drivers and files then reinstalled the new ones, but when it asks me to reconnect the USB adapter a Windows message pops up asking to search for the drivers, I have tried all file locations and none of them work. Later, randomly a Belkin successful install driver appeared, but it hasn't worked as the computer will no longer even search for a network.

What should I do?

I have found a Tenda w3992p wireless n wifi pci thing for a desktop from ebuyer for £17. Will this fix my problems? Does adding stuff to those slots void warrenties that aren't with the manufacturer?

Alternatively will my Belkin thing work if I take the desktop downstairs and use a ethernet cable to connect to the router and let windows find the drivers itself? I'd like to avoid this as it will be very annoying! Thank god a PS3 has a browser to get online!

I may be online still at 3.30, need to go buy some food first though so likely to be closer to 4pm or later I think.
    Check if the WLAN services has started.
    Press and hold the Windows key + R (Brings up run command) > type services.msc > locate WLAN AutoConfig > Has the service started?

I'm going to look for my drivers disk, I think I have the same model.

Let me know when you want to do spec ops, i'm pretty much free for the rest of the day now.

ReputationRep:
    Check if the WLAN services has started.
    Press and hold the Windows key + R (Brings up run command) > type services.msc > locate WLAN AutoConfig > Has the service started?

I'm going to look for my drivers disk, I think I have the same model.

Let me know when you want to do spec ops, i'm pretty much free for the rest of the day now.
    It has started.

I do have an ethernet cable so if I can get this adapter working properly I would be able to take the computer to the router and try and fix it with the cable, but that is almost my last resort as the spaghetti of cables to sort through is a bit daunting.

I'm free all day too apart from dinner at some point. When is a good time for you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dhr90)
    It has started.

I do have an ethernet cable so if I can get this adapter working properly I would be able to take the computer to the router and try and fix it with the cable, but that is almost my last resort as the spaghetti of cables to sort through is a bit daunting.

I'm free all day too apart from dinner at some point. When is a good time for you?
    :holmes:

I'm not really sure what else you can do, unless you've mistaken the model number which you can find on the back of the adapter or it's faulty. I think you might just have to try the ethernet cable.

p.s I'm on MW2 now, ready to go, just hit me with an invite.

ReputationRep:

I'm not really sure what else you can do, unless you've mistaken the model number which you can find on the back of the adapter or it's faulty. I think you might just have to try the ethernet cable.

p.s I'm on MW2 now, ready to go, just hit me with an invite.
    lucky you, im still at work, giving up now coz i want to smash the screen due to sql :teehee:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    lucky you, im still at work, giving up now coz i want to smash the screen due to sql :teehee:
    I did a wee bit of SQL last year. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)
    LBP 2 delayed
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1122914p1.html
    That's rather disappointing, but does make getting Move all the more tempting now...

God I'm so tired, so glad tonight is my last night shift. Hopefully it won't be a full 12 hours tonight. Then I'm off till Monday

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone from this thread get F1 2010? I seem to be the only person on TSR who got it for the PS3.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dhr90)
    It has started.

Man, I don't remember it being that hard. :sigh:

If anyone else wants go, go ahead.

Edit:
    dhr90 wants to complete Wetworks on Veteran on Spec Ops.

ReputationRep:
    I might give it a go over the weekend, or tomorrow, depending how much I sleep through the day

ReputationRep:
    Man, I don't remember it being that hard. :sigh:

If anyone else wants go, go ahead.
    lol. I'm probably going to give up and go back to online for a bit. Or try to get more trophies from single player. If I can't get my pc sorted with the Ethernet cable I'm replacing the adapter, I don't think I gave the wrong model number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Did anyone from this thread get F1 2010? I seem to be the only person on TSR who got it for the PS3.
    been despatched delivery date TOMORROW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    lol. I'm probably going to give up and go back to online for a bit. Or try to get more trophies from single player. If I can't get my pc sorted with the Ethernet cable I'm replacing the adapter, I don't think I gave the wrong model number.
    can do tomorrow night if you like mate?

ReputationRep:
    can do tomorrow night if you like mate?
    if I haven't done it by then, then you're welcome to have a try. You got any ideas about my wireless problems?

ReputationRep:
    x
    Actually since we're all asking about stuff related to connections and whatnot, do you know of a program that can force my router to stick to a certain SNR margin because when I host which isn't that often anymore, the SNR falls to 0dB quite often and everyone drops to 1 bar on MW2. Saying that it was fine all of last night for SnD but it only seems to be fine during the night/really early morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Actually since we're all asking about stuff related to connections and whatnot, do you know of a program that can force my router to stick to a certain SNR margin because when I host which isn't that often anymore, the SNR falls to 0dB quite often and everyone drops to 1 bar on MW2. Saying that it was fine all of last night for SnD but it only seems to be fine during the night/really early morning.
    Will port fowarding have anything to do with it?:holmes:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.