Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy but also worrying!! I just can't wait for 18th of August! What takes it so long to decide our future???

ReputationRep:
    Any IBers looking forward to the 6th of July? Fun times await us in just over a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    EXAMS ARE OVEEEEEEEEEER.
    Thank GOD.
    How do you think you've done, feeling quitely confident.....?
    You're a fellow 'Chrit-ian' right.....?:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsadapa1)
    FINALYYYYYYYYY DONE WITH EXAMS.... FEELSSS GUDDDDD!!!
    well now just hope ill be there in october :rolleyes:
    feels like im dreaming
    (Original post by Betsss)
    FINALLY finished exams!! woop
    fingers crossed now! good luck everyone!
    Just finished my exams yesterday, too!
    Congrats!
    Now just relax for a few days and we can worry about grades in August

(Original post by nadz123456)
    How do you think you've done, feeling quitely confident.....?
    You're a fellow 'Chrit-ian' right.....?:cool:
    hahaha, Yes I am a fellow *Christ-ian
    Uhm well I'd like to say that I'm not too worried about meeting my offer, but I'm worried that I'll have some freakishly bad grades and not meet my offer.

Actually, I was having nightmares last night about geetting D's and C's in my exams and not meeting my offer.
    It was scary D:

How do you think you did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajka)
    yay
    They are on at the same time probably to prevent sitting two chem5s..oh mine were like that in january but in the summer they were too spaced out. I know it's just counting down and wishing time will go faster. Good luck in all your exams!!
    (Btw what course and college is your offer for? I'm engineering in Fitz but 2012..so hopefully see you in a year and a bit :P )
    In january, the spacing was a little cramped, but it was okay. It was quite manageable
    But in June - I had 5 exams in 4 days and that too, 4 of them were on 2 consecutive days.

Now my exams are over though! FREEEEDOM
    But now I just want to know my results. UGH. You just can't win, being an A level student :P

My course is Physical Natural Sciences (but I applied for Chemical Engineering and am doing the NatSci route in our 1st year) and Christ's
    Awesome! Gap Yah! what are your plans for this year coming up then?
    How did your exams go?

(Original post by darkestskies)
    *hugs back fiercely* SO glad we're in the same boat, here!! I'm clinging onto the fact that 70% of my Music A2 was good (as far as the hints that have been dropped indicate...) and that should hopefully counter any awfulness in the exam!

I never believed that I could get an A* in Music (I kinda scraped an A last year thanks to a dubious mark in my recital!), and so I'm relieved that my other subjects seem to have gone well... but ugh, I didn't want to be worrying that I'll miss my A in Music! Damn it!
    Well it was implied that my performance was pretty good, but I thought it went pretty badly. I played in a mediocre fashion, so I'm not sure how my final grade for performance will be like :/
    Also, I've taken a huge risk with my composition and my chorale was pretty mediocre too, so I'm not sure if my coursework is any good D:

That leaves the exam - I would be THRILLED with a B for that exam, despite the fact that I'm predicted well over that D: Looking at last years grade boundaries, realistically, I might get a C.

As you said, hopefully my crap exam will be counteracted by my okay coursework.

I'm so scared about my music grade D: It makes it worse that everyone at school EXPECTS me to do well - I'm just sitting there going "AAHHH But I'm only human!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    Well it was implied that my performance was pretty good, but I thought it went pretty badly. I played in a mediocre fashion, so I'm not sure how my final grade for performance will be like :/
    Also, I've taken a huge risk with my composition and my chorale was pretty mediocre too, so I'm not sure if my coursework is any good D:

That leaves the exam - I would be THRILLED with a B for that exam, despite the fact that I'm predicted well over that D: Looking at last years grade boundaries, realistically, I might get a C.

As you said, hopefully my crap exam will be counteracted by my okay coursework.

I'm so scared about my music grade D: It makes it worse that everyone at school EXPECTS me to do well - I'm just sitting there going "AAHHH But I'm only human!"
    I'm sure it will have worked out fine - and obviously for an A, last year counts a LOT! Let's just keep our fingers crossed for each other.

I would honestly be thrilled with anything that got me an A overall. If that's a high D, then I'll be overjoyed when I get my results! I just don't care about the component parts anymore!

I know, that's the same with me - I was stressing before the exam (and after) and everyone was saying 'You'll be fine! You'll get an A in the exam!', and really... I highly doubt I will. XD

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what grades to expect from my exams D:
    Just out of interest, did anyone do AQA Biol5 on the 22nd?
    What did you think of it?

ReputationRep:

I would honestly be thrilled with anything that got me an A overall. If that's a high D, then I'll be overjoyed when I get my results! I just don't care about the component parts anymore!
    Same here! I got an A overall on History AS but when I saw I'd got 71 on a module I was horrified... Now on the 18th I'll just be looking at overall grades :L

On an unrelated note, does anyone know when UCAS decisions go online on the 18th of August?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karvid)
    Any IBers looking forward to the 6th of July? Fun times await us in just over a week.
    cant wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlobberDobber)
    On an unrelated note, does anyone know when UCAS decisions go online on the 18th of August?
    They don't post the time/put it online randomly otherwise you would get 250,000-odd students refreshing the page at one time and it would just crash the website...

ReputationRep:
    Same here! I got an A overall on History AS but when I saw I'd got 71 on a module I was horrified... Now on the 18th I'll just be looking at overall grades :L

Actually, I think most UCAS decisions go out a day or so before results day.
    I THINK Universities know your grades upto a week before results day, so it could be any time after that.
    I've also heard stories of people from my school last year whose UCAS tracks did not update for a few days after results day either.

ReputationRep:
    If you look at the offer holders thread from last year, a lot of people got their offers turned to 'unconditional' at 6.10am on the morning of results
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    good luck ibers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbou)
    A2: A*A*A* predicted
    So do you

With STEP you can just tell how well you've done
    That's so out of date it's almost unreal. I sat one of my A levels early and got the result about 4 months ago which was an A, not an A*. :P

Besides which, it wasn't me that predicted those A levels just in the same way that it wasn't me that awarded myself my AS results.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what grades to expect from my exams D:
    Just out of interest, did anyone do AQA Biol5 on the 22nd?
    What did you think of it?
    I did Bio5! I thought it was a evil exam AQA was being mean with the sheer amount of HSW questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    Just finished my exams yesterday, too!
    Congrats!
    Now just relax for a few days and we can worry about grades in August

hahaha, Yes I am a fellow *Christ-ian
    Uhm well I'd like to say that I'm not too worried about meeting my offer, but I'm worried that I'll have some freakishly bad grades and not meet my offer.

Actually, I was having nightmares last night about geetting D's and C's in my exams and not meeting my offer.
    It was scary D:

How do you think you did?
    I'm in exactly the same boat, I actually don't know what to feel...
    I just hope everyone meets their offers....
    Enjoy your summer break for now...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betsss)
    I did Bio5! I thought it was a evil exam AQA was being mean with the sheer amount of HSW questions!

Same, I need to get an a* in bio too (well it was the easiest on to get ums-wise. I'm really unsure about it.

far too synoptic and not enough unit 5 stuff either.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, I know! Meaning - paradoxically - our standards will have dropped this year... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, I know! Meaning - paradoxically - our standards will have dropped this year... :rolleyes:
    Hahahahaha, only someone going to Oxbridge would say something like that xD
    (I'm generalising, but you know what I mean :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kobie)
    lang went very well actually! much better than january. and my teacher reassured me that my coursework was excellent so i needn't worry about even getting a decent A in the exam for an A*.

however, i have a deep distrust of the combined forces of AQA and OCR. if there's a way of screwing me over and making me fork out well into the hundreds of £ for remarks, the exam boards will find a way of doing it. if they fancy ****ing up eng marking as badly as they did in jan and then hiking up chem grade boundaries, i'll be ruined.
    So 1 in 5 is a little exaggerated then
    (congrats on lang)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.